Because These Words Were Meant For You

.09 Because These Words Were Meant For You

I was sitting on the hotel bed, void of any emotion as “Give and Take” by Forever The Sickest Kids kept replying over and over again. I was receiving constant texts from people, most probably from Sarah and Nita.
Maybe even Dillon, if he cared anymore.
But from my knowledge, I severely doubted it.
I had run from the apartment, along the street and straight into the heart of downtown Hollywood. After walking in circles for what must have been an hour, I finally stopped and took in my surroundings.
I was on the corner of W Sunset Blvd and N La Brea Ave, right next to the Giant Pizza parlor.
Down the street, about 500 feet or so, there was a hotel, The Saharan Moter Hotel, so I chose to make my way towards that. At least it was a good destination, even if it was unrealistic.
Low and behold, though I had not a penny on me, there was a Bank of America pretty much right next to it.
And, lucky me, my boss had chosen to grace me with an early pay day.
So that’s how I wound up on the Queen sized bed in the Hollywood Queen suite, which I had acquired for a grueling 75 bucks a night.
That was fucking Hollywood for ya.
It was half past one A.M. in the morning, so there wasn’t much on TV but Cason Daily, which was about to start up.
I guess that was better than nothing, right?
But I wasn’t really paying attention to the TV, let alone the constant chatter from the small pink LG EnV that was laid out on the wooden desk like an abused, unused toy. I was sitting on the bed, spread out over the oddly colored covers, staring at my bulging ankle. It had swelled up hugely, painted black and blue with a small twist of disgusting yellow thrown in around the bone.
Yeah, see what I do when I’m not paying attention and totally out of it? Fucking hell, it was going to take forever to heal and I just knew that it was going to be an absolute bitch about it, too.
But thank God for the connivance store in the lobby.
Advil had never been so loved, no matter how damn over priced it was.
My cell phone suddenly started blaring out Black Dahlia by Hollywood Undead, and I made myself shut down, trying not to think about him as the song played on.
It had to be Sarah; that was her ringtone.
It was now or never. I really should let them know I’m alright, regardless of whether my mind swore to me that I should just stay in bed and rot away.
I rolled off the comforter and hobbled over to the desk, using it as a support as I flipped the cell phone open.
“Where are you!?” Sarah screamed, her voice becoming increasingly loud as I hit the ‘Speaker’ button on. “We’re so worried about you! Jay and Nita went home and Funny was breaking shit and cursing up a storm! And you weren’t there! Where the hell are you!?”
“I’m at a hotel,” I answered, wobbling over to the bed and letting my body fall back onto it. “I’m alright.”
“What hotel? I’ll come and get you.” She ran off, her voice going a mile a minute as words upon words spilled from her mouth. “You really shouldn’t be alone. Jesus, what happened anyway? Funny isn’t saying shit besides ‘Fuck’, ‘Shit’, and ‘Stupid motherfucker!’, so I have absolutely no idea what’s going on. Did you guys get in a fight? Jesus, I’ll come get you and you can come back and talk it out.”
“No, Sarah,” I mumbled, shaking my head, watching as my overly curly hair flung in my eyes. “I’m not coming home this time.”
“What do you mean ‘You’re not coming home this time’?” She asked quietly, pausing before she continued. “I’m sure he didn’t mean what he said. You guys belong together, Autumn. I’ve never met a couple more right, well, besides Nita and Jay. Those two are like a walking, talking billboard for cheesy movie love.”
“This time is different Sarah. He broke up with me.” I sniffled loudly, quickly reaching up to wipe the lone tear from sliding down my rosy cheeks. “Sarah, he kicked me out.”
“HE WHAT!?” She screamed, her voice echoing in my head and making my ears ring. “Motherfucker!”
“He called me a stupid whore ass and said he’d rather be fucking a hooker.” I ran my finger under my nose, hoping to stop the sneeze from coming on as I lost everything and let it all go. “It’s absolutely over, Sarah. Done.”
“Oh, my God,” She said slowly, every word ending with a loud British lisp. “I’m going to beat his fucking ass!”
“No, Sarah!” I cried out, the tears streaming down my face in fat, wet globs. “Don’t!”
“I’m going to split him in two!” She yelled angrily, her accent becoming heavy as she filled with rage. “I’m going to fucking kill him! I can’t believe that! Good God, I hate these boys; their so full of themselves!” I heard Johnny’s voice in the background, screaming something along the lines of “Hey! You don’t hate me right!?".
I heard her leg out a frustrated grunt as a loud 'thwap' was heard over the phone, no doubt her hand connecting with some part of Johnny's flesh.
I was expecting her to answer me, to keep ranting and raving, but she never answered.
The phone line went dead.
Oh, shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Northern Lights expose who you are
Who are you?