California Show Me Love

Upset For Three Tears.

Nita, Guin, myself and the guys got kicked out of the club soon as they joined Johnny on the dance floor for the big punch up. The guys they were fighting were also kicked out, and then started a brawl in the parking lot. Nita and Guin left before they got in trouble if the police turned up. Turned out they were both nineteen with fake IDs. I miss them days. But before they went, we exchanged phone numbers.

Right now, I'm sat in the back of Dillon's Ranger Rover which was still in the clubs parking lot as the guys laughed and joked whilst puffing on a cancer stick. Yeah, they won the fight, but I did they have to throw their non-alcoholic mini party of knocking the shit out a gang of guys? I may be whining, but I just wanted to get out of here. I felt bad enough as it is. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for me. I could have pushed the guy with more force and escaped into the mass crowd of dancing people.

Hearing the back door of the Rover open, I looked over and saw Matt. "You alright, Sarah?"

"Yeah," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "...and no."

Matt climbed in and shut the door behind him. "Whats up?"

"Dude, are you fucking serious?" I said, pointing towards the club with my eyes wide. "You saw what went off in there and outside, you was in it!"

"That fucking fag was hurting you." Matt said bluntly, hatred in eyes.

I sighed heavily. "I know, but have you seen the state of George?"

Matt looked over his shoulder and out of the window. "Yeah, he got beat pretty bad." He said, then looked back over at me. "But he had four guys on him before we got his back."

"Yeah, but it's all my fault."

"Sarah, you didn't know George was near at that time and thank fuck he was," Matt said, his tone stern and sharp. Relaxing slightly, Matt placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm just thankful he was there, because if he wasn't...that dude, he could have tried anything...and with the loud music-"

"OK, I get the picture."

Matt moved closer towards me and wrapped his arms around the top half of my body and kissed my forehead. "It doesn't matter what shit you get yourself into - even if it is your fault - you ring one of us, and we'll be there."

"I know," I whispered. "Thanks Matt."

Letting me go, Matt opening the door and slid out, closing the door behind him. It wasn't long after until all of the guys got into the car and Dillon drove us home. Throughout the drive, Dillon wouldn't stop talking about Guin and Jay wouldn't stop talking about Nita. The guys were taking the piss out of them, all the while me and Johnny sat in silence. Every now and again, we glanced at one another. I was always the one to look away first though. I couldn't bare looking at his face after what them assholes did.

His eyes were decorated with the shades of purples, browns and yellows. His lip was bust, and blood trickled from his nose. The other guys had the odd scratch and bruise and Jordan got a black eyes, but that was it. Yet I still felt awful for what happened. I barely know the guys, apart from my cousin and Aron of course, and yet, they're willing to kill any fucker who do wrong by me. I appreciate it, don't get me wrong, but I don't want them getting in trouble with the authorities for it.

"Man, I feel like I'm gonna fall to sleep."

Snapping my head up, I looked at Dillon. "Are you serious?"

Dillon nodded his head. "Yo Matt, can we crash at your place?"

"Sure, we're just a block away, so floor it."

And thats what Dillon did. Within the next five minutes, we pulled up front of Matt's house and we all headed inside. Dillon immediately crashed on the couch. Jay got the arm chair and Aron and Jordan collapsed on the floor. Matt looked like he was going to crash on the floor there and then, but managed to made his way to his bedroom. Now that left me and George. Looking over at him, I flashed him a small smile which he returned.

"Follow me," I said as I began to walk to the bathroom. "We'll get you cleaned up."

Johnny sat on the bath tub end as I rummaged through the cabinets for the first aid box. Pulling out what I needed, I sat down on the toilet seat and started cleaning up Johnny's face. We didn't speak once, only the sounds of our breath breathing in and out was heard. Finally wiping away the last of his blood, I flushed the bloody tissue down the toilet and I washed my hands. Looking up in the mirror, Johnny stood behind me with a faint smile on his lips.

"Thank you."

"I think I should be saying that to you...and that I'm sorry."

Johnny moved closer behind me, placing his chin on my shoulder. "You could have been hurt, Sarah. He's not the type of guy to fuck around with."

"How do you know him?"

"Who said I knew him?"

Narrowing my eyes at Johnny, I pushed him backwards. Turning on my heal, I faced him. "Don't play fucking stupid with me, Johnny. That dick head knew your name and you spoke like you knew him."

Sighing, Johnny sat on the end of the bath tub again. "He used to be my best friend, until he got fucked up by hardcore drugs...such a shame, he was a good kid."

"George..." Slowly, he lifted his head and looked at me. "...he's not gonna come back and try and get you is he? I know it might sound stupid, but I saw the crowd he was with soon as we were outside, plus with him yelling he'll get you."

Standing back up from where he was sat, he pulled me into his arms. "Everything will be fine. He might have said he'll come get me, but after the battle we've just had, I think its safe to say those fuckers ran off scared shit less."

"I hope so, George." I said, looking up at him. "I can't believe what they did to you...all because of me, too."

Johnny just smiled down at me. "It was worth it."