California Show Me Love

Pleasurable Confusion.

"...and then Aron gave me the rose for the sign of our friendship and putting the past behind us." I finished, now laying on my back on my bed. I stared up at the ceiling as I spoke to my mother, a hand in my hair as I twiddled with a loose piece between my fingers.

My mother, Clara, softly chuckled. "Thats sweet of him," she says. "Anyway, I have to get going. Don't forget to give Matt my apologies and ask if he can put up with you for another week."

Rolling my eyes, I nodded my head. I quickly replied, forgetting that I was actually on the phone. "Yeah, don't worry, I will."

My mother and I spoke a bit more before she actually had to go and get a taxi back to her friends house from the airport. Tucking my phone in bra, since I had no pockets in this dress, I slid off of my bed and headed out of my room. I ventured down the hall way and when I came to the top of the stairs, I was surprised I didn't hear loud noises or shouting like I usually would. I found it strange, but then I remembered about Jordan's head.

Poor Jordan, he always manages to do something that seriously hurts him. He will do stupid stunts when he's drunk or feeling silly and with no doubt, he'll end up with a black eye, bust nose or a nice big gash on the back of his head. I think through all of the stunts he has tried pulling of, I'm sure he knows its going to end nasty, but he does it for the sake of entertainment for his friends, us. Silly man.

Walking into the living room, I noticed that the only men occupying it was my cousin, Matt and George and Aron. "Hey," I said, startling the young men. "Where have the others gone?"

"Dillon and J-Dog have took Jordan back to his place to rest, then they're going out on the town." Aron said, not removing his gaze from the television.

Spotting a packet of cigarettes on the coffee, I walked over and picked up a packet of Marlboro Red. "Ha, Dillon left his cigarettes." Pulling one out, I sparked it up with a lighter and shoved the cigarettes and lighter between my breasts. "So how come you lot are not going out on the town then?"

George looked up at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Can't be bothered, I suppose." His eyes now looking at where the cigarettes were. "Can I have one?"

Pulling out a cigarette, I threw it at George. Looking over at Matt, he didn't say anything and like Aron, his eyes were glued to the TV screen. I looked at with a risen brow. Something wasn't right in the atmosphere. "What is wrong with you all, you don't seem yourselves."

I pointed that one out, it wasn't exactly a question. Walking through the kitchen, I opened the back door and sat on the step that lead to the back yard. It had just turned dark about an hour ago and the only light that shone onto the garden was the light from the kitchen through the window and now the door since I have it open. Shadows cast along the light on the grass from moths and bats, then a shape of a head appeared up from behind me.

Looking over my shoulder, George stood their looking out over the hedges of the back yard. Where George stood, you could look over where the free way was where cars sped and how the lights lit up in downtown Hollywood. Flashing lights for take-aways and nightclubs stood out boldly. From the sound of it, it doesn't sound anything special, but to see it, it's whole different story. In a way, it was peaceful and when you stood here alone, it relaxes you and you get to think freely.

"Lovely, isn't it."

George stood down on the step, then sat himself next to me. "Sure is," he replied, puffing out toxic smoke from his lungs.

Attaching my cigarette to my lips, I took in the last drag and let the smoke run round my lungs before I set it free. Flicking the bud in the back yard, I out stretched my arms, helping to crack my back a little.

"You shouldn't do that."

"Why not?"

George threw the last of his cigarette into the yard and turned to face me. "Because I could do this."

Before I could put my arms down, George tackled my ribs with his hands. "Argh! No, don't do that!"

I jumped up and ran into the darkness of the back yard. The cool, cold grass tickled my feet as I ran and tried hide behind random objects that I couldn't see. At the point where I thought I was free, arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. I was twirled in the air as I shrieked excitedly from the thrill of this little thrill of a chase and being caught. I hopelessly failed at trying to break free, but I succeeded at making the two of us fall over.

"Ugh," I coughed, as I fell on my back.

Looking up, I saw George coming my way. I squeezed my eyes shut, getting ready for the impact of the hit, only it didn't happen. George had put his hands out to stop himself from crushing me. Opening my eyes, I sighed in relief. I actually thought I was going to get the wind knocked out of me and broken nose from him head butting me, but thankfully it never happened.

"That was close," I spoke, smiling up at him.

I let out a laugh, but the way he looked down at me, you could hear the nerves creep into my chuckle. George just smiled and nodded his head. "But not close enough..."

In under a second, George's lips crashed upon mine. He let the wait of his body slightly put pressure on me, making shivers run up my spine like electricity was chasing them. I raised an arm and wrapped it around his neck, pulling him closing and with his free arm, he wrapped it under my arm and held my back, pulling our bodies tighter together. It was unexpected for what is happening right now, but for some strange reason, I just couldn't get enough of this and never wanted it to end.

George flipped reversed us. I was now on the top of him, my legs straddling his laps. Our kiss never parted as we changed our positions, but after letting reality sink in to my brain, I finally realized it was George who I was kissing and it suddenly felt strange. Pulling back from him, I stared down at his face. I just managed to see his face, thanks to the light coming from the kitchen window.

"What's wrong?"

Sliding off of him, I sat on the grass with my legs crossed. "W-What was that?"

George sat up and looked at me confused. "Whats what, Sarah?"

"Us," I replied. "We've just..."

"Been kissing, yeah." George finished, laughing nervously as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry if I've offended you, but you seemed to be into it yourself."

Quickly, I stood to my feet and rushed into the house. I powered walked through the kitchen and living room, I even ignored Matt and Aron, and as soon as I got to the stairs, I ran up them taking two at a time. Once I was in my bedroom, I slammed the door shut and locked it. Leaning against the door, I sighed heavily and slid down it. I brought my hand to head. Images of George and I kissing outside flashed like big board signs in my brain. Shivers ran up my spine once again and I bit my bottom lip. How can one simple touch of the lips make me feel like this?