California Show Me Love

Unknown Kept Secrets.

In Jorel's bathroom, I washed my hands after using the toilet. I stared at myself in the mirror and frowned a little. A slight bruise was starting to appear on my right eyebrow, in the color shades of mustard yellow and pale purple. Sighing, I dried off my hands and walked out of the bathroom. Turning the corner to walk down stairs, Johnny just made it to the top step. We looked at each other for mere seconds then Johnny just walked right past me without saying a word.

I was about to walk down stairs, but I had to tell Johnny I was sorry. I mean, come on, it wasn't very nice of me to punch him in the face now. "Johnny!" I called, turning around.

Peering back around from the corner, Johnny looked at me blankly. "What?"

"I'm sorry," I said softly, biting on my bottom lip and tucked my hair behind my ears. "I'm sorry that I punched you in the face, but you have to under-"

"Sarah." Johnny said quickly, cutting me off. Moving closer, he stood just a foot in front of me. "I understand why you did it, you only did what I would have done. And to be quite honest, I've never met any girl who could swing a killer punch like you..." he said laughing, trailing off. "Just forget it, yeah?"

Nodding my head, I smiled. "OK." I said. "Oh, and thanks for saving my ass out there as well."

"Like I said, watch what you're fucking doing..."

"Bitch." I finished, raising my brow at him.

Again, Johnny laughed and the most wonderful smile spread upon his face. Looking eye to eye, he tilted his head to the side, he looked at me with soft narrowed eyes. "But it looks like you didn't listen to me after all, eh?" He asked, pointing at me. "That's going to be a fucking shiner in the morning."

Turning on his heal, Johnny disappeared around the corner once again and I jogged down stairs, back into the living room. Charlie and Dillon were sat on the floor playing Jay's x-box 360. I had no idea what they were playing, I just saw things blow up and the sounds of guns shooting. Sitting on the couch next to my cousin, I pulled out a pack of Marlboro Golds and a lighter.

"Can I smoke in here, Jay?" I ask.

Jay looked over from talking to Deuce and smiled at me. "Yeah, as long as you give me a cigarette."

Chuckling, I pulled out two cigarettes and threw one to Jay. "Where's your ashtrays?"

"Er..." Jay looked around and picked up an empty beer bottle. "Use this," he says, passing me the bottle.

"Thanks," I smile, grasping the bottle and settling it between my legs.

Putting the cigarette in my mouth, I sparked it up with my lighter then shoved my lighter and cigarette packet back in my pocket. Feeling eyes looking at me, I turned my head to see Matt looking at me stunned. He stared with wide eyes, to see a cigarette between my lips. Inhaling the smoke, I removed the cigarette from my lips and exhaled.

"What?"

"Since when did you smoke?"

I laughed. "I've been smoking since I was eighteen, I just hid it away from you and my mum until I got the guts to tell her first."

"I wouldn't have told her."

"Yes you would, just like you said you wouldn't tell her about me sleeping with Deuce, now she won't speak to him."

"That's true," Deuce said, pouting out his bottom lip. "It was a drunken mistake that Sarah and I agreed on and you just had to go and run your fucking mouth."

Once Deuce and I realized what we had just blurted out, everyone stared at us with wide eyes, including Johnny who had just walked into the living room at that time. The house was soon quiet, you couldn't hear anyone breathe, only the low volume of the game that was on the television screen. Soon a bang sounded from the television screen, causing everybody to jump. It was a player that had been killed. I thought Dillon would go crazy to say it was his player, but he was still sat there, looking back and forth between Deuce and I with a stupid ass grin on his face.

"You guys fucked?!" Charlie finally blurted out through the silence. "When did that fucking happen?"

"The last time I was here," I said quietly, then shoving my cancer stick back in my mouth and took a long drag. "I came to stay with my mum for six months after my dad died. I started hanging out with Matt whilst I was here, then he introduced me to Deuce. Then two days before I left, we got mad ass drunk and slept together. End of story, no biggie."

"No biggie? No fucking biggie?!" Funny Man laughed, holding onto his stomach. "This shit is huge," he said, then looked over at Matt. "Dude, Deuce tapped your cousins ass!"

Rolling my eyes, I stood from the couch and walked into the kitchen, then out of the back door into the yard. It was getting too immature for me in there. Big fucking deal, Deuce and I slept together, does it really matter? Shit like that happens all the time around the world. Its nothing new really, just happens between different people, that's all.

Exhaling the last of my smoke, I threw it on the ground and stomped my foot on it to put it out. Hearing the back door open, I looked over my shoulder and saw Johnny. "Hey," I said quietly.

"Hey yourself," he replied flatly, pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"Are they still talking about it, in there?"

Johnny just nodded his head and opened his cigarette packet. Sight frustrated, he threw the cigarette packet to the floor. "Fuck!"

"Here." Pulling out my cigarettes, I pulled one out for Johnny and another one for me.

"Thanks," he says, taking the cigarette and lighting it, holding the light out for me.

Nothing but silence fell between us as we stood smoking. Our smoke toxin breath entwining every time we exhaled. Looking back on the step, I sat myself down and lent my elbows on my knees. Johnny soon followed my lead.

"I gotta say it was a fucking shocker." Johnny spoke out of the blue.

Looking at him, I shrugged. "Maybe, but it was two years ago. I don't get why every one is over-reacting."

"Its a male thing," Johnny tells me, smiling to himself as he carried on staring forward.

Not wanting to finish the rest of my cigarette, I threw it. "Just typical that is," I joked and stood up. "Better go face the music, I'll see you inside." With that said, I walked back into Jay's house to hear every one still teasing Deuce.