California Show Me Love

I'm Ready To Party.

After returning home from Matt's, I decided to stay with my mother for the week so we could spend time together and catch up. We did something everyday. We went shoe shopping, clothes shopping, even grocery shopping. We went and had lunch, had our hair and nails done. Then by the end of the night, we chilled out in our pajama's, made popcorn and watched DVDs. We laughed, we cried and most importantly, we bonded. Something we both missed in a fair few years, since I went to live with my father.

Now the bonding week is over, I'm ready to get out there with Matt and his friends and party. I'm finally legal to drink in this country now, so I need to learn how to party LA style. Fair enough, I don't have to do it yet, but I just want to be around with people how are more or less my age. Don't get me wrong, I've come to learn that my mother is a cool person, but I can't spend my time here just hanging out with her.

"Sarah, Matt is here!" My mother yelled from down stairs. "...with Aron!"

I sighed heavily. Oh no. I just hope she hasn't said anything to him about what happened between him and I when I was nineteen. Throwing on my white HIM jacket over my pink tank top, I shoved my feet into some black DCs and jogged down stairs. Checking my pockets, I had everything in them. Money, ID, house key and my phone. If I run out of money, I'm sure the guy's will help me out.

"Where's your back pack?" Matt asks, leaning against the counter of the kitchen, across from my mother.

"Huh?"

"You're stopping at Matt's tonight," my mother tells me. "I'm going to a hen party tonight, my friend Gill is getting married tomorrow. So I'm going away for a few days, I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry." She says, a slight frown to her lips as she put her hand to her forehead. "I'm forgetful at times, anyway, Matt said you can stop at his until I get back. At least then you're not on your own."

"Its alright," I said, showing her a reassuring smile. "Give me five minutes and I'll go pack some stuff."

"OK," she says, returning my smile.

"I'll wait in the car," Matt says. "Aron's been sat there on his own for twenty minutes now..."

"You could have told him to come in." My mother stated, walking past Matt to the sink to start on the dishes.

"Yeah, like that would be a good idea." I laughed, before I disappeared and ran up stairs.

Instead of my back pack, I pulled out my army print duffel bag and threw a few items of clothing in it, as well as shoes, deodorant, perfume, my hair brush, hair straighteners, hair dryer and a load of other crap that I might need to use. Zipping up my duffel bag, I picked it up and carried it down stairs. Leaving the bag near the front door, I walked into the kitchen to find my mother putting the washed pots away.

"I'm off," I spoke up, standing in the door way.

Jumping, my mother turned around with a startled smile. "Oh, alright Hun." Walking towards her, we wrapped each other in each other's arms. After a short embrace, we parted. "You do know," my mother said, following me to the front door. "I'm not mad at Aron any more. You were young, but old enough to have s-"

"Mother!" I said quickly, holding up my hand. "Do we have to go down that road again?"

Letting out a soft laugh, she shook her head. "No, of course not. I just wanted you to know that I'm not mad at him, so he is welcome here. He doesn't have to wait out in the car like he has done today."

"OK, I'll tell him." I smiled, kissing her cheek. "I love you, and have a good time and the hen party and wedding."

"I will dear, enjoy your time with Matt and the boys," she winked.

Looking shocked at my mother, I quickly picked up my bag and headed out of the door. As I walked towards Matt car, I could still here my mother laughing at the door. Opening the trunk of Matt's car, I threw my duffel bag in it and shut the trunk after wards. Giving my mother a final wave, I jumped in the back of Matt's car and belted myself up.

"Why is my Aunt nearly pissing herself at the door?" Matt asks, looking over his shoulder at me.

I shook my head and covered my face with my hands. "You don't want to know," I mumbled.

The drive to Matt's didn't take so long, only ten minutes. It usually takes twenty minutes, depending on traffic. Getting out of his car, I got my duffel bag and took inside, up to the guest room. Jogging back down stairs, I joined Matt and Aron in the living room. I chuckled to myself as I watched them battle it out on a video game that hooked up to the television.

"Is this all you guys ever do?" I ask, plopping down onto the couch.

In unison, I got my answer. "Yup."

"Ugh! Please tell me I'm not watching you two play this shit all day and night?"

"Hey, its not shit!" Matt protested, putting the game on pause and looked over at me. "We're finishing off this level, then we're ordering pizza."

Aron nodded his head. "And we'll be going out later on tonight, so you better have brought something pretty and sexy to wear tonight."

"Minus on the sexy part." Matt said bluntly, jabbing Aron on the arm.

Shrugging my shoulders, I stood from where I was sat. "Alright," I said. "You two carry on, I'm going to pull out my clothes and see if I have a very sexy, sluttish, mini dress."

Matt didn't realize what I had said, but once he did, I was already out of the living room. All I heard was him screaming my name. Laughing as I ran up stairs, I walked to my bedroom and locked myself inside, just in case Matt decided to come running in and stealing all of my short dresses. Unzipping my duffel bag, I turned it up side down and pulled it upwards, shaking it until it all of it contents fell out. Moving my clothes to one side, I rummaged through them until I pulled out the perfect dress and a nice pair of heals.