Is It Still So Wrong?

Winning Awards, and Parties

“I… uh… we, um… ah…” Brendon seemed at lost for words, making some people in the crowd chuckle a bit.

“The kid’s speechless.” Ryan said over the microphone, making Brendon blush a bit as the crowd laughed a little more.

“Wait, I’m getting there.” he said as he thought up a speech, being the frontman and all. “Uh… yeah, thank you Brian and Amanda for giving us this award, thank you people who voted for us for the best techno band in 2007, we’d also like to thank our fans and Pete Wentz, yeah that’s you dude.” Brendon said, pointing at someone in the audience, the camera’s focused on where the Fall Out Boy dudes were sitting and Pete waved, causing the audience to holler. “If it weren’t for him there wouldn’t be a band named Panic! At the Disco.”

“Can I say something?” Ryan asked.

“Wait, I’m not done yet.” Brendon said, their short conversation was heard on the microphone and because of that the crowd laughed.

“Bren, don’t tell us you forgot.” Spencer said.

“Of course I didn’t forget! What kind of boyfriend do you think I am?!” Brendon said.

“Brendon, you could be heard on the microphone.” Jon said.

“So? It’s not like the paparazzi don’t know about us and our girls already.”

“Argh! Damn it you spoiled the audience!” Ryan said.

“Let me just continue our speech! Geez…” Brendon and Ryan rolled eyes at each other before he went back to the microphone. “Um… anyway, yeah, we’d also like to thank our family, our friends and our girlfriends over there.” Brendon said, pointing to a direction again and Anna, Abi, Riley and Iris were shown on screen; all four of them seemed to be blushing at being mentioned at this. “Abi.”

“Anna.”

“Riley.”

“And Iris.”

“You girls don’t know how much you made us feel like the luckiest guys on earth…” Ryan said, the crowd let out a prolonging ‘aw’.

“Great… they’re good… how’re we supposed to thank our girls?” Frankie whispers to me.

“Don’t ask me, I’m gay remember?” I whispered back to him, Frankie gives me a look that says ‘you’re not helping at all’

“Um… yeah, okay well, I guess that’s it, thanks again!” Brendon said, raising the mini-statue up proudly as the audience clapped and hollered more. They left the stage and Amanda and Brian went over to the podium again.

“That was sweet of you guys, thanking your girlfriends and all.” Amanda said.

“Yeah, well let’s move on now, our next award is the best rock band of 2007!” Brian said.

“Competition seems really tough here Brian, all four of our nominees are really kick-ass bands, who do you think will win this year?”

“We’ll find out about that later Amanda… we still have to announce who our nominees are.”

“Of course, and our nominees are… The Used.”

“Taking Back Sunday.”

“My Chemical Romance.”

“And Evanescence!” at every mention of a band’s name there was an ear-splitting roar from the crowd, and screams from the female populations, they’re screams were the ones that were ear-splitting… their high-pitched, surprisingly loud screams… I’ll stop now.

“And the winner, for best rock band of 2007, is…” Brian said, again with the suspenseful stop. Gerard and I exchanged glances, I knew from his eyes that he wanted to hold my hand so badly, but we can’t since we were on that big TV screen where they’re showing where all the nominees were sitting. I hear Frankie muttering something near me.

“I promise I’ll stop smoking for at least 6 months when we win this…” he muttered.

“You sure you can really do that?” Mikee asked, raising a skeptic eyebrow.

“Hold me!” Frankie whined.

“What do you think I’m doing?” Mikee said, pointing out the fact that he’d been squeezing her small hand ever since they announced the nominees.

“Oh…”

“N-Nadine?” Bob stuttered, who was also holding hands with Nadine.

“Bob, your hand is shaking.” she pointed out.

“I-I know…” he said.

“Don’t get too nervous Bob.”

“Will you still love me even if we don’t win?” Bob asked suddenly, shocking Nadine a bit.

“What’s with that question?”

“Just wondering…”

“Bob, you know I don’t care if you win or not.”

“So is that a yes?”

“Yes Bob, it’s a yes.”

“My Chemical Romance!” the two hosts chorused.

“What?” I said.

“What?!” Bob said.

“What?!?!” Frankie said.

“What?!?!?!” Ray said.

“Yay we won?” Gerard said unsurely, there was silence amongst us for a while. Until everyone exploded with cheers, Frankie was literally jumping around. Ray, Bob and Frankie shared hugs and kisses with their girls before we made our way to the stage to start our speech. Amanda and Brian gave the award to Gerard as he prepares for his speech on behalf of the band.

“Thanks Amanda, Brian, you guys are greats hosts.” Gerard said.

“Ooh… pretty award…” Frankie said, the excitement is making him hyper.

“Shut up Frankie…” Ray hissed.

“Okay, now with the thank you speech… um… we’d like to thank our fans, who’ve been supporting us a whole lot, remember, we see you guys as friends and not just fans, I hope we’ve been saving a lot of people with our music.” Gerard started.

“Because that’s what we’re supposed to do.” Frankie said.

“Yeah, that’s true; anyway, we’d also like to thank our friends and family, who’s been there for us for as long as we can remember, me and Mikey’s late grandmother Elena, who taught me a lot about music and supported us all the way.”

“No pun intended…” I said with a cough, the guys chuckled a bit and so did the crowd, wow, I was actually heard on the microphone? I didn’t know that.

“And now I give the microphone to Frank Iero, coz he’d like to make some special thank yous along with Ray Toro and Bob Bryar.” Gerard said, letting Frankie take the podium and he and I back away a bit.

“Thanks Gee, uh, reason why I suddenly took over the microphone is, yeah, you heard from Gerard, I want to make some special thank yous to our girls and relatives who are just sitting there, my cousin Nadine and my girl Mikee… hello…” Frankie said, waving and smiling.

“My girlfriend Christa and my little cousin Mikee… another Mikee, not Mikey Way, goes the same with Frankie’s ‘Mikee’, yeah, thanks for being there for me and the band.” Ray said.

“My niece Abi, yeah, Brendon’s girlfriend, and my own girlfriend Nadine, who I know will still always be here for me, and the band, even if we didn’t win this award.” Bob said.

“And Ryan’s girl Anna, she may not really be related to us in any way but she’s a real close and trusted friend of the ours, and like the girls she’s also always been there for us, occasionally giving us tons of advice, and yeah, she’s a great girl.” I said.

“They all are.” Gerard said with bravado, making the crowd clap and cheer, some said ‘aw’. Yeah, we’re good. “So uh, thank you guys again for the award, and we hope the band will still prosper and help people with their lives through our music.” he said as an ending to his speech as we all made our way back to our seats.

“So, party at your house?” Frankie asked.

Gerard’s POV:

People might’ve though he wasn’t serious when he said that, but we did plan a party back at me and Mikey’s house whether we won the award or not, it’ll still be worth spending some good time with friends. It was just us, the girls and the Panic! dudes though, we’ve gotten close to those dudes ever since that tour we had about a year ago. They still don’t know about me and Mikey though.

“Hey Gee! Where do you keep your beer stash?” I hear Jon shout from the kitchen.

“In the fridge! Duh! Where else would I keep the beer and wine?! The bathroom?!” I shouted back.

“Only if you’re a complete weirdo.” Spencer said.

“Exactly.” I agreed.

“Aren’t you a complete weirdo?”

“What?”

“Nothing, that was random.”

“Don’t tell us you guys are planning to get drunk are you?” Christa said in a disapproving way.

“It’s a party Christa, there’s bound to be some drinking.” Ray said, smiling sheepishly, Christa sighed.

“Just don’t get yourself too drunk.” Riley said.

“Don’t worry I won’t.” Spencer promised.

“Now Bobbert, I may just be your girlfriend but I have a right to reprimand you.” Nadine said.

“Yes Nadine… wait… Bobbert?” Bob said, blinking at the nickname Nadine just gave him, she just smiled.

“Nad-nad’s right, wouldn’t want what happened in Italy to happen again now would we?” Mikee said.

“Of course not…” Frankie said.

“Aaaaahhhh!!! Stop reminding me of that time!” Abi said, Brendon covered her ears for her.

“Think happy thoughts…” he said.

“Hey! Headfirst For Halos!” Anna said.

“How come you’re not reprimanding me and shit?” Ryan asked.

“Coz you have high-alcohol tolerance remember?”

“Oh yeah…”

“Yay! I found the beer and wine!” Jon said, walking in the room with a back of beers and bottles of wine.

“Hey! Don’t get every single pack and bottle out of the fridge! We aren’t going to drink them all!” Mikey said, standing from where he was sitting and grabbing two wine bottles from Jon.

“Aw come on dude, it’s a party!” Jon said.

“Dude, do you know how expensive this wine is?! We’re not just going to waste it all in one night! Beer will be just fine.” he said.

“Don’t argue Jon, it’s not good switching from wine to beer in one night either.” Iris said, Jon whined.

“Fine…” he muttered as he let Mikey take away the bottles of wine.

“At least leave us two bottles!” Spencer said, calling out to Mikey, he stopped and turned to the two, one of his eyebrows raised.

“Go Spencer!” Jon said.

“Uh… please?” Spencer said, I chuckled a bit.

“Come on bro, let the kids have some wine, it is a party after all.” I said.

“You’re the best Gerard!” Jon said.

“Enough kissing-up Jon, we get it already, you want wine, sheesh.” Ryan said, Mikey sighed.

“All right, you guys win.” he said, giving up and putting two of our not-so-expensive wine on the table.

“I never knew you were cheap Mikey…” Anna muttered.

“Huh?” Mikey said, not hearing what she just said.

“Oh nothing.”

“Can we start the party now?” Frankie asked.

“Let us at least change out of these dresses and heels, my feet are starting to hurt.” Nadine said.

“How could your feet hurt when you’ve been sitting down all the time?” Iris said.

“I agree with Nad-nad, let’s get out of these heels.” Mikee said.

“Yeah, before I go off-balance and fall… painfully…” Abi said.

“You can use the rooms upstairs.” I said.

“Destroy all perverted surveillance cameras that’ll watch our every move!” Mikee shouted, jumping from the couch.

“We don’t have surveillance cameras! Where did you get that idea?!” Mikey said.

“Don’t mind her, she’s just excited to get out of her heels so she can be hyper again.” Nadine said.

“No wonder she was oddly behaved tonight.” Christa said.

“I can’t possibly imagine anyone on heels to be jumping around.” Anna said.

“That would hurt.” Riley said.

“Are we going to just stand here and talk or are we going to change already?” Abi said.

“Yeah, let’s go Mimi… eh? Where did that kid go this time?!” Nadine said, noticing the small girl who had once again pulled a disappearing act.