Half Life

Saturday 23d October 2009

A vast expanse of emptiness lies out before me, a void. In my mind's eye, all I see is blank, uncreated realm. It seems that I have come to the end of the world. There is no more path.

I have dreaded this moment, dare I say, feared it. There is nothing for me here. Nothing at all. I should have stepped from the road, forged my own path, the path of others, long before I came to this point. When I turn around, the road that was once so bright, so familiar beneath my feet is no more, lost to the great emptiness.

Loneliness. It comes in waves. To those that have lived longer than they should have, lived when others have not, loneliness is the worst of all daemons waiting for the next footfall. The Godforsaken creatures trapped in half-life know no sympathy, no God given mercy.

I have lost. Again I have lost.

Perhaps, if I had been stronger, bolder, better I would have been able to prevent it, but this thought does little to vanquish the pain. The dilation, the medicine of Doctor Van Helsing which lessens the need renders me no more human than any other afflicted with Satan's hunger.

I have lost Daniel in my deepest guilt over Jonathan. What I once thought salvation, now seems no more than a cruel trick of Lucifer. The morning star's beauty does not heed the coming dawn any longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Depressed Mina. Saface.

I toyed with archaic writing, which seems to have gone well.