Bittersweet

005

As I pulled my minivan into the driveway I cursed silently. I watched in my review mirror as his car pulled up. He got out and slammed the door, walking with a purpose towards me.

“Raine.” It was a command. A demand for an explanation, but he didn’t wait. Roughly he grabbed me and pulled me out of the vehicle. He threw me onto the ground and proceeded to beat me. That was when I snapped. I had enough from this boy who ‘loved’ me. I was done. When his hand came again I stopped it with my own. He was so shocked that he stopped hitting me.

I stood up and faced him. Wincing. “Jaden,” I spewed through my teeth. “I am done with this and I am done with you. If you ever come near me again I will call the cops.” I threatened.
Jaden’s face turned white and he backed away. Suddenly he was over come. Tears came to his eyes and he put his arms around me.

“I didn’t mean to Raine. You know that. You know I love you.”

For a brief moment I faltered. Then I pulled his arms from around me and firmly said, “No.” Then I walked into my house.

I told no one of what occurred between Jaden and me. Not that day or any other day. No one knew how a girl was beaten or where she drew the strength to fight back. Not even I knew that. Every now and then I would see him at school, but I always turned my back and chose to look forward in my life. It was a bittersweet ending but with that strength that was within me, I was able to move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
so thats it, constructive criticism is definatly welcome :D