Status: inactive for the time being

The Undeniable Truth

Health

It had been two days since the accident. Hatori had not left Mai's side. Ayame and Shigure had stopped by every now and then to make sure that he had eaten and slept. If they didnt stop by within a couple days, Hatori would not eat or sleep. His worry for Mai was far greater then his health.

One night, Kyo and Yuki had stopped by to check on Hatori only to see him still sitting next to Mais bed. Yuki sighed as he leaned against the door frame. Kyo on the other hand was sick and tired of the way Hatori took care of himself....or the lack thereof. He walked in and hit him upside the head

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you honestly think that the first thing Mai wants to see when she wakes back up is you looking like hell because you didnt take care of yourself?" Kyo yelled. Hatori just looked down at Mai sadly. He hated to admit it but Kyo was right. He knew that Mai didnt want to see him like this but right now he didnt have the strength to leave her side. He wanted to be there for her when she finally woke up.

Yuki had then joined them and looked down at Mai. The day that she had gotten shot, and they had went back home, He remembered how Tohru had acted so distant towards everyone. He had tried to ask her if she was alright but she just shook her head and told him that she was fine. Of course he could tell that she was lying to him but knew better than to push the subject.

"Why do you suppose Tohru wont talk to any of us?" he asked gently. Hatori sighed and closed his eyes as he held Mai's hand in his

"Isnt it obvious?"

"What do you mean?" Kyo asked

"She's acting distant towards us because we all worried about Mai before we asked Tohru if she was alright when Mai tried to attack her" Hatori explained. The room had fallen silent. It had made perfect sense and soon Kyo and Yuki felt bad.

"I cant believe we did that to her" Yuki spoke

"Why would she be mad at us though? Mai's injury was far more serious and Tohru wasnt even hurt" Kyo stated looking out the window. This statment had shocked both Yuki and Hatori causing them both to look at him.

"Kyo, I figured you would have felt even worse about Tohru" Hatori told him. Kyo sighed and shrugged

"I do feel really bad about not making sure Tohru was alright but Mai was going to die if we didnt get her back here. I wont lie, I do like Tohru a lot but Mai has been our friend since we were young and I just think that it is a little selfish of her to put herself before Mai" Kyo explained. Yuki and Hatori smiled at Kyo

"Well, im glad you put someone else before yourself. You've grown up a lot Kyo" Hatori said. Kyo just looked away

"Well, yeah" he whispered.

Mai was finally starting to wake up. As her senses started to come back to her, pain had rippled through her body causing her to groan and squeeze the hand that was holding hers.

"Mai" a voice whispered. The voice had seemed distorted because of her hearing that she was slowly regaining. But she started to open her eyes and looked around the room to see three figures standing near her

"H-Hatori?" she asked in a weak voice. The hand that was holding hers gave a gentle squeeze

"Im here" his voice rang gently in her ears. A smile graced her lips as her vision cleared and she was able to look him in the eyes. Her smile soon faded as she saw the exhaustion in his eyes

"Have you slept at all?" she asked him. He had looked away from her

"I was too worried about you. I didnt want to leave your side until i knew for sure that you were going to wake up"

"But the others would have watched over me while you rested"

"I know, but i wanted to be near you. I love you Mai" he whispered. Mai had taken her hand out of his and placed it on his cheek

"And i love you, but your health is just as important as mine" she told him. Hatori smiled lovingly down at her as he placed his hand over hers.

After Mai had convinced Hatori to get some rest, Kyo and Yuki had stayed to talk with her. They had told her what had happened after she got hurt and how Tohru was acting. Mai too had felt bad for her but understood what Kyo was talking about when he called her selfish.

When they had left, Mai sat up in her bed and looked out into the night sky. Thoughts and memories of what had happened two days ago ran through her head. She couldnt believe that she was actually about to kill Tohru and was secretly grateful that she had gotten shot because all though, Mai hated Tohru for how she played with Yuki's and Kyo's hearts, she didnt want to kill her nor did she want to actually hurt her.

The sound of the door sliding open had snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked towards the door to see...........
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it

Message and subscribe