Status: inactive for the time being

The Undeniable Truth

Face the facts

The sound of the door sliding open, pulled Mai out of her thoughts. She had turned her head to face the door, only to see Ruri standing there glaring at her. Mai sighed and looked away from her

"If your going to be mad at me and hate me, why bother coming here?" Mai asked in a gentle voice.

"Because I wanted to know what you did to Tohru?"

"I didnt do anything to her"

"She told me that you tried to kill her" Ruri said. Anger clear as day in her voice. Mai shook her head

"The guys were warned not to bring her around because she was the reason why i couldnt go to school. I would have changed form and hurt her and I didnt want that"

"Why do you care? You hate her anways"

"I only hate her because shes hurting Yuki and Kyo without realizing it. Those two have been through their fair share, why should they have to suffer through heartache because some girl outside the family cant decide who she wants to like and maybe fall in love with? If i had my way, then i would make sure she came nowhere near them just to make sure they didnt have to suffer anymore. They're my friends Ruri, I care about them....A lot" Mai yelled as she turned to Ruri. She had slowly gotten out of bed and walked towards Ruri as she yelled. She was getting sick of people hating her for trying to protect her friends.

"That doesnt explain why you hate her and tried to kill her" Ruri yelled trying to step away from the wall. But Mai wasnt budging

"I didnt want to hurt her, Thats why i tried as hard as i did to make sure i wasnt near her. If i honestly didnt care and did want to hurt her, I would have gone to school and transformed right there in front of everyone and then tried to kill her"

"Why didnt you?" Ruri kept a stone cold glare

"Because what you and her fail to realize is that if i had done that, the whole family would suffer. It would piss off Akito, The family secret would be out and they would lose everything. I dont want the people i care about the most to suffer because i wanted to be stupid. Then Hatori would have to come to the school and wherever else i had decided to chase Tohru and erase everyones memory. Why cant you two grasp that concept?" Mai yelled even louder. She was starting to get stressed out and started to feel lightheaded. But she shook her head and turned away from Ruri for a moment.

Outside the doorway, Tohru was listening along with most of the members of the family. Akito was in his room next to hers, sitting against the wall listening to the whole thing with a smile on his face.

Mai turned back towards Ruri and huffed as her once friendly emerld eyes turned as cold as ice. Ruri knew it was a mistake to confront Mai when she wasnt up to her full par, health wise.

"My family means more to me then any outsider who doesnt understand our curse. So why dont you and Tohru do all of us a favor and leave us alone. It was stupid of Akito and I to allow outsiders into our family"

"What do you mean Mai?" Ruri asked, her expression softening with fear. Mai looked away from her

"What i mean is that you two will never understand what its like to be us. You think you understand and you try to help us become free but the truth is that only Akito can free us when he is ready to let us go. So leave and never talk to us again" Mai said as she turned away from Ruri completely. She hated how she had just hurt her best friend but she knew that the words she spoke were true. Outsiders would never fully understand them or fully love them like there were normal. So why get their hopes high and think that outsiders would.

Mai heard Ruri run out of the room and stop aburtly, crying as she told Tohru to come with her. She didnt hear Tohru object to what Ruri said and ran off with her. Mai sighed as she heard people walk in the room but no one spoke

"You know i was right. Why let them get our hopes high and thinking we could ever be normal like them?" Mai asked as she placed a hand on her head and closed her eyes

"Why did you tell them to leave, we love having them around! they made us feel normal" Kyo yelled as he spun her around to look at them.

It was then that they all realized that she was infact crying. Mai pushed him away roughly

"I was trying to help our family. Of course i didnt want to make them leave but its time we all grow up and stop hoping for things that will never be. We will never be normal like them. If we were meant for that life, we would have been born into it but we werent. We were meant to be cursed" Mai yelled at him. He could see the pain in her eyes as she listened to her own words leave her mouth.

They all knew that she didnt want to say what she had said but they also knew that she needed to say it. She was trying to protect ALL of them from being hurt by things that might never become true. Mai started to stumble a bit causing Hatori to rush to her side but she soon pushed him away too.

They all stood there in complete shock as she fell to the ground. She slowly held herself up but kept her eyes away from everyone. They noticed that Mai was slowly pushing everyone away from her. She didnt want to get hurt anymore but hopes and dreams. She didnt want to love anymore. But most of all, she didnt want to hurt anyone she cared about. The ones that stood before her, the whole Sohma family, were just those people.

Mai stood up carefully, feeling more dizzy then she had to begin with. She kept her eyes on the floor, her hair slightly covering her face

"Now all of you leave so that i can get dressed" she demanded in a soft voice.

As everyone began to leave the room, Hatori stayed where he was and just stared at her. How could she have pushed him away after telling him only moment ago that she had loved him. Shigure had walked over to him and gently pulled him out of the room. His eyes never leaving her until Shigure shut her door. It was then that reality had hit Hatori and hard. He fell to his knees and slammed his fists into the ground. How could he have let anyone else in.

Mai had quickly gotten dressed, almost falling a few times because she was so lightheaded and packed a backpack full of stuff she would need. She had then grabbed her jacket out of her closet, put it on before brushing her hair, grabbing her backpack and opening her door to leave. She had noticed that Shigure was leaning against the wall across from her door and Hatori was on his knees in front of her door.

She had looked down at Hatori and as much as she wanted to wrap her arms around him and kiss him as she told him how much she loved him, she just couldnt. She had walked passed Hatori and left the Estate. Shigure had watched her sway every once in a while as she walked down the hallway. He had also noticed that before she left her bedroom, the softened expression she had given Hatori. He knew that she was still deeply in love with Hatori but for some reason, she had to leave everyone behind her.