Goodbye

1/1

He looked at the moon, so full and bright, contrasting the black skies well indeed. He felt content, but longing at the same time. Suddenly, a young, fair maiden wrapped her arms around his slender frame from behind. His eyes trailed to her arms and then to her smiling face, directly looking at him.

"Why the long face, my love? Is it because of the winter is fast approaching? Or is it because summer has ended? Tell me, the cause of your grief tonight..." She spoke, slowly releasing her arms and then sliding her frame right next to his. He looked at her, smiling meekly and then continued to look at the moon. The young lady's finger trailed slowly on his arm, causing him to shudder and look at her abruptly.

"I'm fine, love. Go to bed, it's late and for a young lady like you to be up. Will not be a very lady thing, would it be?" She laughed a little, but he didn't. She stopped and hung her head. Then, he put his finger on her chin and raised her head to face his. "I'm sorry... I just have a lot of thoughts tonight," he said and smiled a little to show her he's not mad in anyway at her. Then he continued, "One particularly that scares me.
"

She put her hand on his arm that held her chin and said, "Then tell me, my Edward. Remember, we're in this together. I'll try my all to help you..." She smiled and looked at his shining emerald eyes. And when she was about to face the moon, he lunged at her and their lips smacked against each other. Both shared a passionate kiss under the moon.

Edward parted his lips and Carmela smiled. "If I could faint, I would.. Right here and right now on your arms." Carmela spoke, touching Edward's cheek. "Now... Tell me what's bothering my sweet husband?" Edward's smile disappeared slowly and he then released his arm around her waist.

"Carmela, I..." Edward looked absently towards the moon. "Forgive me, but..." Carmela waited and she looked intently at her husband's face. He didn't look at her, he struggled how to tell her. But then he looked at her, seriousness written all over his face and said, "I-I'm.. Bitten." Carmela's eyes widened and she gasped. He cupped her face with his two hands gently and he looked at her hazel eyes.

She was confused and speechless. Her husband was bitten... And now he's... One of those night creatures people feared. Then she had the courage to speak, "Is that why you were gone for a week? To- to be one of them?" She pushed him away and backed a little, fear had conquered her. But Edward moved closer, reaching out to his wife.

"I'm still me, love. I'm just... Just different that's all. I'm not hungry either," he said, holding out his hand towards her. But she moved away, avoiding his touch. "I love you... Please, Carmela, my love," Edward begged with his eyes. Carmela closed her eyes and turned her back away from him. "Car-Carmela?" But she walked away, leaving her immortal husband. Edward's hand slowly dropped to his side, and he stood there... Hurt and alone.