My 21st Century Breakdown

Uncertainties

It was pitch dark outside and Tre had been lying on the sofa since he'd arrived home a little over three hours ago.

He hadn't fallen asleep but just lay there thinking about the events from the past couple of years and wondered what the next couple had in store for him.

He sighed deeply but still he lay there looking up at the ceiling, staring at nothing, nothing at all.

He could feel his phone vibrating in his trouser pocket, on and on it went and louder and louder it seemed to get. He reached for it and saw the caller ID flash up.

BJ.

What the fuck did he want now?

Tre couldn't be bothered to talk to Billie right now, he'd been with him most of the day, well, most of the week as they'd been finishing off their album, making it perfect to play to the world.

He sighed again as the phone stopped ringing. He'd have to snap out of this mood sooner or later. He'd have to because the tour was about to start and he didn't want anyone guessing what was wrong with him because they wouldn't understand and he wouldn't know how to begin explaining what was wrong with him anyway.

How could he explain that he was wanted by some gang that he'd got caught up in. He hadn't realised at the time, hadn't realised that Maria, the girl he'd fallen in love with was part of the gang and that they'd planted drugs on him and now... now they wanted their drugs back and he was sure that they'd catch up with him sooner or later.

He'd heard that Maria had been killed just after he'd left and he was sure she had been killed to save him. He was damn sure of it.

Sighing once more, Tre sat up and decided that may be this tour was going to be a good thing, it would take his mind of this drug gang thing and the loss of Maria. They didn't know who he was, he was sure of it and the further away he was from home the better.

Having second thoughts he turned his phone back on and decided to call Billie back.

**

"You OK?" Adrienne said to Billie. She'd heard him talking to Tre just now but he didn't seem his usual self.

"Yeah, its just I'm sure there's something bugging Tre. I'm sure of it." He said turning to look at her. He loved Adrienne to bits but he still hated himself for what he'd done. He didn't deserve her.

"Really? Is he not his usual chirpy self?" Adrienne said as she got a bottle of red wine out of the cupboard along with a couple of glasses.

"No. Yeah. I don't know. Hey, its a little early to start drinking isn't it?" Billie said watching Adrienne as she'd already poured herself a glass and was taking a gulp from it.

"Since when did you worry about how early it was to drink alcohol?" Adrienne said then giggled. She drank some more.

Billie shrugged and put his phone down on the kitchen counter.

"So....when does it all begin?" Adrienne said watching her husband.

"The tour?" Billie asked. He reached for his glass of wine and took a sip but wasn't really in the mood for drinking.

"Of course the tour. What else?" Adrienne said then began topping up her glass.

"In about a month but we've got a trip to the UK and Germany first. Are you coming with us? The boys will be in school and Mom said she'd stay here to be here for them when they got home."

Adrienne didn't answer just took a sip from her wine.

"Adrienne." Billie said wondering what the fuck was up with everyone just lately.

"I'm not sure." Adrienne said swilling the wine around in the glass. "Will she be there?" She said.

Billie just nodded, because there was nothing else he could do.