My 21st Century Breakdown

Sleepless Nights

Mike Dirnt hadn’t slept now for at least two weeks, he felt tired all the time because of the lack of sleep and he knew he looked like shit. Not a good way to start the tour. Not that he wanted to start the tour, he’d been trying to put it off as often as he could with various excuses but knew he couldn’t make any more. This was it. Tour time and it was going to be a long one.

The house was silent and he was wide awake and decided to go downstairs, get some air, get a drink of water, get something.

He crept out of bed as he didn't want to disturb Brittney, Brixton had had a bad couple of nights sleep what with his new teeth coming and he knew she needed the rest. He glanced across at her, her breathing steady, her blond hair strewn across both her pillow and his and he smiled to himself.

God he loved her so much, he loved her with all his heart. He couldn't believe he had her, that love had found him later in life and that he had a baby boy who they both adored. They just loved being together, a little family of three and when Estelle came over it was the perfect foursome.

Creeping downstairs to the kitchen Mike couldn't help but wonder if the tour would destroy all that, destroy the perfect foursome little family unit.

He really didn't want to go.

**

Tre knew he should tell Billie and Mike about his experience but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to because the less people knew the less people were involved and the he knew what they'd be like, they'd take matters into their own hands and he didn't want that he wanted to deal with this on his own, he was hundreds of miles away from those gangsters, they didn't know his real name or his true identity. Plus he wanted to think about it a little more.

He couldn't believe that Maria had been killed over this, he'd only just fallen for her but just lately after sleeping badly he'd wake wondering if he'd been set up, wondering if she'd been a plant, had she used him to get the drugs out of the country? He didn't want to think this because Maria ahd been the sweetest girl he'd ever met but now, months later his mind fogged slightly, trying to remember her face, her sweet smile, the bright shining eyes and her laugh.

He was sure she'd loved him back, sure of it but now he was beginning to wonder if he'd been a pawn in a very dangerous game.

He needed the tour to begin.

**

Billie couldn't quite understand how Adrienne had got so drunk so quickly, she'd only had a couple of glasses of wine he was sure of it. Unless...unless she'd been drinking before he'd got in.

Nah.

She wouldn't, he was sure she wouldn't but it would make sense as to why she was acting like she was right now standing in the kitchen, stark naked and coming on to him.

"Billie," she said in a breathy tone, her eyes sparkling, her thick waves of hair falling across her shoulders. "The kids won't be back until later, much later, come here," she said holding her hand out to him.

This was so unlike her really, totally out of character. It was always him that instigated sex, always had been. Sometimes there'd been excuses like she was tired and had a headache, he didn't mind, this was normal he was sure but this this was out of character, not that he minded, of course he didn't mind, she was his wife, he loved her and loved making love with her.

He went to her but what she said next totally made his blood turn cold.

"Come on Billie, come and show me what she did. I've always wanted to know what she did to you."