Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

That's Why You Take Your Shoes Off At The Beach.

“You have a car?” I asked when Matt stopped beside a black Honda Civic. Matt shook his head.
“No, it’s my Moms.” I looked at him and he grinned showing off his dimples. “Would it have helped if I had lied and told you that it was mine?” I laughed at him and shook my head.
We got in the car and I put my seatbelt on. Matt turned on the car and we left the schoolyard. Matt reached over, turned the radio on and changed the station. He started tapping on the steering wheel and singing. I turned my head to look at him and smiled. After a minute or two Matt stopped singing and glanced at me. I grinned at him.
“What?” He asked smiling.
“I didn’t know that you could sing.” I replied.
Matt laughed and then shrugged. He pulled into a parking lot; I glanced at the little restaurant called Rose’s and he shut the car off. We got out and walked into the restaurant. Matt led me to a booth in the corner and we sat down.
“Have you ever been here before?” Matt asked looking at me. I shook my head and shrugged.
“I don’t really go out much.” I replied. Matt smiled.
“Well this is the best diner in California.” He exclaimed proudly.
“Matt!” An older woman with grey hair called out as she made her way to our table.
When she was standing in front of our table Matt got up and hugged her.
“Now, why didn’t you come and see me when you came in?” She scolded.
Matt sat back down at the table. The old lady’s eyes shifted to me and she grinned. I smiled politely back, then looked at the table.
“Aren’t you going to introduce us Matthew?” She asked.
“Gram, this is Jayda, Jayda, Gram.” Matt replied.
I looked back up at her, she was smiling at me.
“Well, I don’t know where he found the likes of you, but you’re absolutely beautiful and I don’t know what you’re doing with a meathead like my grandson.” Matt’s grandmother said a mischievous smirk on her face, I laughed and Matt groaned.
“You’re the second person to ask me that.” I replied. “And personally, I’m not too sure.” I grinned.
“Why is everyone so mean to me?” Matt grumbled. His grandmother leaned over and kissed his cheek.
“You know we love you.” She told him. “I’ve got to get back; I’ll send Kari to take your order.” And with that she turned and walked away.
I looked at Matt and laughed, he looked embarrassed. “Sorry about that.” Matt apologized.
“It’s okay. So does she own the restaurant?” I asked changing the subject, Matt nodded and handed me a menu.
After we ate, we said goodbye to Matt’s grandmother and got in the car.
“Where to now?” Matt asked as I was putting on my seatbelt. I looked at him and shrugged.
“I have no clue, I’ve never jigged before.” I admitted.
“You don’t know what you’re missing.” He mumbled and pulled and of the parking lot. After a couple of minutes I looked over at him.
“Where are we going?” I asked. He shrugged then looked at me and smiled, his dimples showing.
“You’ll see.” I looked out my window and watched all the houses go by.
The buildings became fewer and the houses turned into cottages. I turned my head to Matt and smiled at him.
“What?” He asked glancing at me then back at the road.
“You’re so cute.” I replied without thinking then turned bright red.
“I’m glad you think so.” Matt said grinning and I laughed at him, forgetting my embarrassment.
We drove for a couple more minutes then Matt pulled into a parking lot, he parked and shut the car off.
“Let’s go.” He said smiling at me. I smiled back at him, then took my seatbelt off and got out of the car.
Me and Matt walked towards the beach, we were the only ones there, other than an old man walking his dog and a jogger. I walked closer to the water and sat down in the sand. Matt sat down beside me. I took my coat off then bent over and took off my shoes and socks. I buried my feet in the sand and looked over at Matt, He was staring back. He grinned and I grinned back.
“Let’s go for a walk.” I said to him.
“Alright, let’s go.” Matt stood up, and then reached his hand out to help me. I took his hand and he pulled me up.
“Thanks.” I said.
“No problem.” He replied and didn’t let go of my hand.
“Aren’t you going to take your shoes off?” I asked looking up at him.
“No.”
“Why not?” Matt shrugged. I gave him a weird look then laughed.
“Okay then…” I replied.
I walked closer to the water pulling Matt with me. I walked into the water, Matt moved farther away from the water never letting go of my hand, so we were walking with our arms stretched out. I grinned at him mischievously and yanked on his arm forcefully. Matt fell forward caught off guard and both of his feet landed in the water as he tried to stop himself from falling on his face. Matt got himself balanced and looked at me with a playful smirk. He ran at me and scooped me up into his arms.
“Don’t!” I cried laughing.
I kicked my legs but it didn’t seem to be affecting his grip on me. Matt waded deeper into the water, then held me out in front of him and dropped me.
“Matt!” I screeched as I landed in the water.
Matt was bent over laughing so I splashed him and he looked at me. I pouted at him and he reached his hand out to help me up. I grabbed his hand with both of mine and pulled him into the water. Matt landed on top of me and we stared at each other for awhile, then Matt smiled showing his dimples and I laughed.
“You are truly a little brat.” Matt growled and I smiled up at him innocently.
Matt laughed, then got up and stuck his hand out for me to take.
“I trust you to get up this time.” Matt said and I laughed at him. I took his hand and he pulled me up out of the water.
As we walked back to the beach, Matt didn’t let go of my hand. I tugged at his hand, trying to get his to let go but he just moved closer to me and grinned boyishly. I rolled my eyes.
When we got back to my stuff, I picked up my shoes and coat, then looked up at Matt.
“What’re we going to do now?” I asked. He shrugged.
“Well there isn’t much we can do now that we’re both soaking wet.” I nodded. “We could go to my house.” “
Would your parents mind?” I asked hesitating. Matt shrugged, then smirked.
“No, they aren’t home anyway.” I arched an eyebrow at him.
“No, no, no.” Matt exclaimed looking flustered. “I didn’t mean anything like that.” I laughed at him, he looked embarrassed.
“Come on, let’s go.” I told him, he nodded and we walked to his car.
“Do you have anything to cover the seats with?” I asked.
“Nope.” Matt replied shaking his head. “It doesn’t matter anyway.” I frowned.
“Your parents won’t get mad?” I asked not wanting him to get in trouble.
“No, it’s fine. I’ll just blame it on Johnny.” I laughed and reluctantly got in the car.
Matt got in on his side and turned the car on.
“Fuck, my shoes feel really shitty.” He complained as he pulled on to the road. I grinned at him.
“That’s why you take your shoes off at the beach.” I told him and he scowled.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i took so long to update. ive got the flu. jinxed myself last week and told my friend that i never get the stomach flu. 1 day of school left!!!! comment and tell me what you think!