Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

Where The Hell Did That Come From?

I woke up the next morning with a massive headache; I groaned and sat up slowly. I looked over at the clock and noticed that it was six-thirty. I stood up stretching and went to the bathroom. I did my business; after while I was washing my hands I glanced up into the mirror and noticed a bruise on my cheek. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen.
“Morning.” Dad mumbled looking up from his cereal.
“Hey.” I replied going to the cupboard.
“How did you sleep?” He asked.
“Great.” I told him and got my cereal. I sat down across from him and started to eat.
I figured that Dad had seen the bruise because no matter what I did he wouldn’t look at me. I wondered if he was still feeling guilty or whatever he was from last night. I quietly ate my cereal and then left the table. I put my dishes in the dishwasher and went back to my room.
I was all ready for school and was bored waiting for Dad so I decided to check my email. I waited eagerly as the computer loaded, hoping that there would be an email waiting for me. Sure enough, there was. I opened it and read. <Huntington! I am going to come and see you. Can you give me a phone number or something so I can contact you? Fuck I miss you! How is Dad? –Kade.>
Nervousness settled into my stomach. He wanted to come and see me? Oh shit, this could cause problems, will cause problems. How is Dad? I groaned. I couldn’t tell him how Dad truly was, he’d have a fit. I replied. <When do you think you’d come? My cell number is 714-232-5555. Dad is okay I guess. He’s pretty tore up over Mom and you disappearing.> Dad appeared at my door; I sent the message and quickly shut the computer down.
“Are you ready to go?” He asked looking straight ahead. I nodded and grabbed my bag.
The ride to school was silent, I was trying to work up the nerve to ask him about the dance but wasn’t sure if I should. I was confused of whether or not he was trying to change or if his breakdown was just a one time thing.
“I’ll see you later. I love you Jayda.” Dad said when we got out of the car.
“Love you too.” I replied automatically heading towards the building.
“Oh…” Dad started to say, I turned and looked at him. “Try to refrain from jigging today, but if you feel the need text me first.” He told me. Where the hell did that come from?
“Umm…okay.” I replied. “Think I’ll stay in school today though.”
Dad laughed and we walked together into the school. I felt normal for once but shook the feeling away, knowing it wouldn’t last. I walked to my locker and noticed Matt leaning against the one beside it. He grinned when he saw me coming.
“Hey?” I said surprised and opened my locker.
“Hi, you don’t seem very happy to see me.” He told me.
I glanced at him, he was pouting slightly and I smiled at him.
“I am. I was just surprised.”
“Surprised is good.” He mumbled nodding. “Did you ask about the dance?” Matt asked as I bent down to grab my books.
“Shit, sorry I forgot all about it. I’ll ask tonight.” I replied shutting my locker.
“Did you really forget or do you just not want to go?” He asked sounding kind of sad or something. I looked up at him and smiled reassuringly.
“I want to go; I was just busy last night.” His face lit up and he grinned.
“Really? I thought you were just trying to be nice and let me down easy.” I shook my head. “So we’re going together.” He said proudly.
“You don’t know that yet. It depends if I’m allowed or not.” Matt scowled.
“Your Dad hates me.” He stated.
We started walking towards Mr. White’s class; we were half way there when I noticed that my shoe was untied. I stopped walking and Matt glanced over at me.
“Can you hold my books for me?” I asked handing them to him, my cell on top of them, he took them and I bent down.
“Your phone’s vibrating.” Matt told me.
“What’s it say?” I asked standing straight.
I looked at Matt, waiting for an answer. His expression hardened and he thrust my stuff at me walking away. I stood there confused for a moment wondering why he was so pissed. I glanced at my phone and read the message. <Hey it’s me! I’m thinking of coming down next Friday, is that okay? Love you and miss you lots! –Kade>. I groaned understanding now why Matt was so mad. I texted him back. <Umm…next Friday’s okay. We’ll talk about it later, gotta go to class. Miss you too>. I shut my phone off and went to class. I’ll explain it to him in music. I thought as I sat down at my desk
When the bell rang signaling the end of second period I hurried to music class. I was the first in the class; I sat down at my usual spot in the back and looked up at Ms. Clark’s desk. She smirked at me, I frowned and looked away. Did she know that Matt was pissed at me? Had he gone to her, did he really have some sort of relationship with our teacher?
I waited eagerly as people filled the classroom but Matt never showed up, I felt disappointment fill me and I tried to get rid of the feeling. It was a normal emotion and I should be used to it but this time it felt worse than ever. I laid my head on my desk, hoping the period would fly be. I heard someone clear their throat and I lifted my head. Ms. Clark was staring at me with her hands on her hips.
“Bored today?” She asked and I frowned at her not understanding. “Matthew isn’t here to occupy you.” She stated.
“I’m not bored, just tired.” I replied ignoring her comment about Matt.
“Well my class isn’t the place to sleep, if I remember correctly you’re supposed to sleep at home not in my class.”
“Sorry.” I told her feeling uncomfortable as everyone watched.
“I’m sure you are.” Ms. Clark said in a snotty tone.
“What do you want me to say?” I asked quietly.
“Nothing, I want you to quit it with the attitude and leave my class.”
I just sat there. She raised her eyebrow at me. “You can go now.”
I grabbed my books and walked out of the room. Why did she suddenly hate me and feel the need to pick on me? I started down the hall with my head down wondering where I was going to go now. I just happened to look up and I noticed Matt heading my way. He saw me as we got closer to each other; he looked confused for a minute then his expression turned to anger. I looked down as he passed and I felt like crying.
I walked outside to the field and sat on the bleachers. I set my books down beside my and set my chin in my hand. I let my mind wander to places that I wanted to forget.

I walked into the house and was greeted by silence. I frowned, usually Mom was singing or vacuuming and Kade had friends over.
“Mom.” I called out and got no answer.
I dropped my book bag and ran up the stairs to Kade’s room. When I opened the door, I found Dad sitting on the edge of Kade’s bed, his head in his hands and his shoulders shaking with sobs.
“Dad?” I asked confused. “Dad, what’s wrong?”
He didn’t seem to notice that I was there and I started to panic.
“Dad.” I said raising my voice.
“Shut the fuck up!” He yelled.
I jumped taken aback; I looked around Kade’s room and noticed that his stuff was gone. I ran out of Kade’s room and into Mom and Dads. I pulled open the dresser drawers and there was nothing there. I hurried to the closet and flung the door open; all Moms’ clothes were missing. I ran back to where Dad was still sitting.
“Where’s Kade, Dad where’s Mom?” I asked starting to cry.
Dad got off the bed and grabbed my shoulders. “She took off with my son and left me here with you, a worthless piece of shit, a home wrecker.” Dad yelled and started shaking me.


I opened my eyes and saw Brian Haner gazing down at me with a frown on his face. I realized that tears were running down my face and I quickly wiped them away. I sat up and looked at my knees.
“Are you alright?” He asked sounding concerned.
I nodded not wanting to look at him. I felt him sit down beside me and I glanced at him for a second.
“I want to tell you that I’m sorry for being such a jerk.” I nodded again.
“You know, I used to be friends with Matt and the guys.” Brian told me, I shook my head. “Yeah, in middle school me, Matt and Zack were inseparable. We did everything together then in high school I changed.”
I didn’t know why he was telling me all this when I didn’t even know him.
“I joined the basketball team, became a jerk and started hanging out with the in-crowd. I realize now that it was the stupidest fucking this that I’ve ever done, forgot about my best friends for a bunch of fake fucking faggots.”
I nodded again not knowing what to say.
“So I quit the team today and decided to fuck the stupid preps.”
“That’s good.” I said quietly.
We sat there in silence for what felt like a lifetime.
“We should get back to school, lunch is almost over.” Brian said.
I picked up my books, got up and walked beside him to the building. He stopped me when we got to the door; I stood in front of him and looked up at him.
“I just wanted you to know that I haven’t always been a jerk.” Brian told me.
“Okay.” I replied nodding. Brian started walking again and I followed.
“Are you going to the dance?” He asked. I shifted uncomfortably.
“Umm…well Matt asked me but I’m not sure if I can go yet.” I replied.
“Oh.” Was his response.
“Why are you not sure?” He asked a few minutes later.
“I need to ask and my Dad isn’t too fond of Matt.” I told him. Oh and the fact that Matt jumped to conclusions and now thinks that I have a boyfriend, I thought.
“I could help, maybe you could tell your Dad that I’m taking you and then you could meet Matt there.” Brian suggested. I frowned confused.
“Why are you being so nice to me?” I asked him and he shrugged.
“You look like you need a friend, I can be that friend.” I looked up at him.
“Thanks, I’ll talk to Matt.” I said giving him a small smile.
We walked into the school and went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i havent updated..was gone away. tell me what you think id appreciate it :)