Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

One Word Came To My Mind. Dad.

The next morning Brian met me at my locker and walked me to class. I didn’t really pay attention to what he was telling me or anything that was said in class, I was too busy thinking about Matt and hoping that he’d be in class.
In second period I decided to turn my phone to see if Kade had texted me but I had none, so I put it back in my pocket. Halfway through class I felt my cell buzzing, I took it out and opened it. <Hey Jayda! I got time off from work, so I’ll be coming on Friday for the weekend. –Kade>. I silently groaned and replied. <Hey. Where’ll you stay?>
I went back to my work, when my phone vibrated again, I stole a glance at the teacher to make sure he wasn’t looking. I opened my phone and read. <At a hotel.> <Can I ask you a question?” I replied and shut my phone. <Sure, but I think we should wait until we see each other.> Came his reply. <Why didn’t you and Mom keep in touch?> I took a shaky breath and hit the send button.
I finished my work and started to doodle, glancing at the time. Ten minutes left, hopefully Matt’s in class I thought and opened my phone. <Umm…I did, I wrote you letters but you never replied to any of them.> I frowned; I hadn’t gotten any fucking letters. One word came to my mind. Dad. <I didn’t get any letters from anyone.> I texted him and sat back in my chair.
What the hell? I thought. Why wouldn’t Dad give me the letters? I mean Kade’s my brother. My phone buzzed shaking me from my thoughts. I opened my phone. <What do you mean? I sent one every week, I gave them to Mom to send.> I pushed the reply button. <I didn’t get anything.>
I sat there staring at my phone waiting for a response, when the message came I eagerly flipped my cell open. <Well, one of them is keeping them. We have lots to talk about.> <You mean there’s stuff you know that I don’t? You know why she left?> I sent my questions just as the bell rang.
I gathered my books and walked slowly to music class not sure of what to think. I opened my phone. <Yeah, I know some things, but its better if we talked in person.> <Ok. I have to go to class.> I sent the message and shut my cell off. I put it away and walked into music.
I sat at my desk, set my books down and waited. I sunk a little into my seat when the last bell rang and Matt’s desk was empty. I opened my notebook and looked up to the front.
Five minutes into class, Matt appeared in the classroom and shuffled to his desk. My heart sped up and I felt nervous.
“And where were you Matthew?” Ms. Clark asked.
He didn’t answer; he completely ignored me and dropped into his seat. When Ms. Clark went back to her desk after telling us what we were supposed to be doing, I glanced at Matt. His jaw was clenched, the vein in the side of his neck was sticking out and his face was masked with an unreadable expression. His eyes focused intently on the chalkboard at the front of the class.
“Matt.” I whispered but he pretended not to hear me.
“Matt, can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked raising my voice a little.
“No.” He grumbled.
“I need to explain.” I told him.
“I don’t want to hear it.” He growled and my heart sank.
“You misunderstood Matt.” Matt grunted.
“Jayda, come sit up front.” Ms. Clark called from her desk pointing to a seat near the front.
Embarrassed, I quickly picked up my stuff and moved to the front. Why did he have to be so damn stubborn? I thought to myself. Besides if he’s fucking Ms. Clark then why would he freak because he thinks that I have a boyfriend. I sighed. Forget about it. I told myself and stared at my desk for the rest of class.
As soon as the bell rang, I was out of my chair and out the door. Brian was waiting for me when I got to my locker.
“Hey.” I said giving him a weak smile, wishing it was Matt.
“Hey yourself, wanna go for a walk?” He asked.
“Umm…sure.” I replied and put my things in my locker.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to everyone who reads, comments, subscribes. i appreciate it. I'll try to have another chapter done today:)