Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

It's Better When You Don't Understand.

I was walking towards the school when I noticed Jayda and her Dad standing by a silver Honda. He had her backed into the car, she was looking down and I could see that he was yelling at her. He roughly grabbed her chin and made her look at him. He said something and she slowly nodded. Her Dad grabbed her shoulders and shook her. Jayda said something; he hauled his hand back and slapped her in the face. I frowned, the anger starting to rise. Her Dad let go of her, turned and left her standing there. She looked over to where I was watching; she shook her head and walked towards school with her head down. My frowned deepened and I ran up to her.
“Hey, Jayda wait up!” I called out when I got closer.
She slowed her walking but didn’t stop or look at me. I made the mistake of grabbing her arm and she jumped. I gently took her hand and tugged at it so that she turned towards me. Jayda looked at the ground and pulled her hand from mine.
“Why don’t you ever look at me?” I asked frowning. She shrugged.
“I don’t know.”
“Are you sure you don’t know?” I saw her cheeks go red and decided to change the subject.
“What are you doing for lunch?” I asked and she shrugged again.
“Could I take you out?” I asked hoping that she’d say yes.
“I…” She started then stopped.
“You…” I prompted.
“I don’t think it’d be a good idea.” Jayda said quietly.
“Why not?” I asked her.
“It’s just…” She hesitated.
“Just what?” I growled not understanding. She hesitated again.
“My Dad.”
“It’s just you Dad?” I asked loudly. Jayda’s head flew up, her eyes wide.
“You’re mad.” She stated quietly looking scared.
“No, no. I’m not mad, I just don’t understand.” I reassured her, lowering my voice.
“It’s better when you don’t understand.” Jayda told me looking back to the ground. Confused, I gently put my fingers under her chin and tilted it up so that I could see her face. She went completely still when I touched her, I dropped my hand and studied her face. I let out a low growl when I saw her left eye.
“What the hell happened to your eye?” I asked angrily. Jayda looked down.
“Nothing happened to my eye.” She mumbled.
“Like hell nothing happened. You’re wearing makeup, but I can still see that.” I replied. Jayda shook her head.
“Don’t be upset.” She whispered. “Me and my friend were throwing around a baseball and I got hit.” I didn’t believe her.
“What friend?” I questioned.
“Umm...” She said flustered.
“Exactly.” I replied smirking.
The bell rang. “I’ll walk you to class.” I told her and she slowly shook her head. My shoulders sagged as she looked up at me.
“I’m sorry.” Jayda said, turned and started walking away. I watched her as she headed towards the school my hands in my pockets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comment :)