Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

Don't Tell Me That You're Fine.

I stormed into the kitchen, finally letting my anger show now that she couldn’t see me. I picked up the closest thing to me and chucked it at the wall. I kicked over a chair and then punched the wall. I threw a few more things and hit the wall a couple more times before I sat down.
I need to fucking get a hold on myself, I couldn’t let Jayda see me like this, I needed to be in control of myself before I went back to see her. I managed to calm myself down after a couple minutes and went back to my room.
Jayda was sleeping; I quietly walked to the side of my bed and ran my fingers down her face. She looked so fragile and hurt. I didn’t understand how anyone could stand to hurt someone like her, it made me sick just thinking about it. I stood there watching her until I heard the front door open.
“Matt.” I heard Mom call.
I left my room and went to the front door where Mom was taking off her shoes. She looked up at me and frowned.
“Why aren’t you at school? Are you alright? You look upset, you’d better not have gotten into more trouble Matthew!”
“No I didn’t get into more trouble Mom.” I replied.
“Then why are you home?” She asked placing her hands on her hips.
“Umm…Jayda…” I started and cleared my throat as it started to close. Mom frowned.
“The girl who’s staying here tonight?” She asked and I nodded.
“What about her?” She asked.
“She’s hurt Mom...someone hurt her.” I told her my heart aching.
“Who hurt her? Where is she?” Mom questioned frowning.
I didn’t answer her; I just led her to my room. Mom gasped when she saw Jayda’s stomach.
“Matt, what happened to her?”
“She didn’t tell me.” I said quietly, but I already knew what happened, well at least who did this to her.
Jayda began to stir; she opened her eyes and fear flashed across her face. She jumped and immediately cried out. She glanced frantically around my room.
“Jayda.” I said quietly, sitting on my bed. She glanced at me and looked slightly relieved.
“Honey, it’s okay. This is my Mom, she’s a nurse.” I told her pointing to where she was still standing. Mom came closer to the bed and smiled softly at Jayda.
“How are you feeling?” She asked. Jayda looked unsure of whether she should say something or not.
“Don’t worry Baby, you aren’t in any trouble.” I told her brushing the hair from her eyes.
“Do you mind if I look you over?” Mom asked.
Jayda looked from me to Mom the said. “Okay.”
“Can you tell me what happened?” Mom asked her.
“No.” She mumbled looking down.
“It’s alright; you don’t have to tell me anything.” Mom told her reassuringly.
After Mom had looked her over, she told us that she thought Jayda had a broken rib and that you couldn’t do anything about it except take pain killers and wait for it to heal.
I wanted to beat the shit out of Jayda’s Dad.
“Matt can I talk to you for a minute?” Mom asked. I nodded.
“I’ll be right back.” I told Jayda and kissed her forehead.
I followed Mom out of my room and into the kitchen. Mom stopped walking when she saw the broken vase on the floor and a hole in the wall the size of my fist.
“Matthew, you need anger management.” She growled.
“Mom…I was pissed off okay, extremely pissed off.” I told her.
“Why?” She asked and I gave her a funny look.
“Uhh…did you not see what happened to her?”
“Yes I did, but you must know something that you’re not telling me about.” She told me.
“Why would you assume that?” I asked frowning.
“Because Matt, anything could have happened to her, she could have fallen and hit something. It would have been an accident, and yes you’d be upset but you wouldn’t put a hole in my kitchen wall.” Mom explained.
“What happened to her Matt?” She asked.
“She didn’t tell me Mom, I told you that.” I replied.
“Why won’t you tell me? Did you have something to do with it?”
I stared at Mom in disbelief; did she honestly just ask me if it was me who hurt Jayda? Did she honestly think that I could do something like that?
“What the fuck Mom? Where the hell did you get that?” I yelled.
“Well look at the kitchen, and it would explain why you won’t tell me.” She said calmly.
“I cannot believe that you’d even suggest that! I would never ever hit a girl, only fucking pussies like him do and the thought actually crossed through your mind that I could be like him!” I screamed at her.
“No it didn’t Matt. Who’s he?” Mom asked.
“What the fuck are you talking about?” I growled.
“You just said that I actually thought that you could be like him. Who’s him?”
“No one.” I mumbled.
“So you do know what happened.” Mom stated.
“Even if I did Mom, I wouldn’t tell you.”
“And why not?” Mom asked.
“Because she wouldn’t want me to.” I replied.
“You do realize that this is serious right? Matt, even if she didn’t want you to, it’d be safer if you did.”
“Yeah.” I mumbled.
“I’ll leave it alone for now, but Matt if anything like this happens again you really need to tell me.” Mom said.
“Alright.” I said weakly.
“I’ve got to get back to work, I’ll see you tonight.”
“Yeah, see you.” I replied.
Mom left the house and I went back to Jayda.
“What happened?” She asked quietly as I sat down on the edge of my bed.
“Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?” I replied and she fell silent.
“We should go back to school.” She said quietly a few minutes later and I shook my head.
“No, we’re skipping the rest of the day. You’re in too much pain to go anyways.” I told her.
“I’m fine.”
“No you aren’t Jayda! You have a broken rib and it’s his fault. So don’t tell me that you’re fine!” I half yelled.
Jayda’s eyes widened and she looked about ready to cry. I sighed.
“Sorry.” I mumbled rubbing the back of my neck.
I got off the bed and headed towards the door.
“Where are you going?” She asked so softly that I could barely hear her. I turned and gave her a small smile.
“I’ll be right back. Do you want anything?” I asked and she shook her head.
I left my room and went to the bathroom.
“Great fucking job Matt, yell at her why don’t you. Oh you know, cause she hasn’t gone through enough today.” I grumbled to myself as I opened the mirror.
I got the Tylenol from the cupboard and then went to the kitchen, mumbling insulting to myself every few seconds. I poured a glass of water and walked back to my room. I set them down on the nightstand.
I carefully laid down beside Jayda and rolled over to face her.
“So, are you going to tell me what happened?” I asked her quietly.
“I umm…fell down the stairs.” She replied, sounding unsure and I knew that she was lying.
“Right…same as when your friend hit you with that ball.” I told her and she didn’t reply.
We stayed silent for awhile and then I gently turned her face so that she was looking at me.
“You didn’t fall, I’m not blind, I know what happened.” I said and she turned her face away.
“How would you know?” Jayda whispered her voice cracking.
“Remember that day in the parking lot at school? It made sense, why you were so quiet and scared all the time and then I saw him hit you.” I explained.
“Oh.” Was all she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
it might take me awhile for the next chapter..have some thinking to do. tell me what you think please:) thanks alot for all the comments!!