Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

Brian Haner Asked You To The Dance?

Dad hasn’t really spoken to me since Thursday night, he only says something when he needs to and avoids me. Today is Wednesday, the dance is in two days and I still haven’t found the courage to ask yet. I’m going to see Kade on Friday before the dance, well that is if I can go and then we’ll spend Saturday together. I’m going to stay at Maddy’s, that’s what I’ll tell Dad anyway and then stay with Matt.
When Dad came home from work, I waited about twenty minutes and when I didn’t hear him yelling at me or throwing things, I left my bedroom. Dad was sitting in his usual spot at the kitchen table, reading something.
“Dad.” I said quietly.
“What?” He grumbled not looking at me. “Can’t you see that I’m busy?”
Maybe I should ask him later. I thought.
“Do you want anything or are you just going to stand there?” Dad growled.
“Umm, well…” I started, shifting my weight nervously. “I was wondering if I could go to the dance with some friends.” There I said it.
“Friends? You want to go with friends, who goes to a dance with friends? What’s the fucking point of that?”
Time for plan B.
“Well, Brian Haner did ask me but I wasn’t really sure…” I said trailing off. Dad snorted.
“Brian Haner asked you to the dance?” He asked laughing.
“He did.” I mumbled.
“Ha! That’s funny. Why would he want to go with you? I mean look at you, you aren’t anything special.”
“Can I go?” I asked trying to ignore the hurt that spread through my chest.
“You know it’s probably just a joke and he won’t show up Friday? Oh well, if you want to put yourself through the embarrassment then go ahead, but don’t think that I won’t say I told you so.”
Dad gave me some money and I escaped to my room. I texted Matt. <We’re going to need Brian.> I laid down on my bed and waited. A couple seconds later my phone vibrated. <He said yes? Fuck that’s awesome, I can’t wait!> I smiled as I read this. <Me neither.> I replied.
After music class the next day I walked towards my locker by myself. Matt hadn’t been coming all week, so I was stuck there alone. As I was walking I saw Matt and some guys up ahead. Matt looked up and wove, not sure if he was waving at me or not, I turned around to look behind me but no one was there. I glanced back at Matt, he had a big grin on his face and he was laughing. He wove again and I wove back, my face bright red.
I was shoving my books in my locker when Matt appeared beside me.
“What color’s your dress?” Was the first thing he asked. I shut my locker and looked up at him. I shrugged.
“You don’t have one yet?” He asked frowning.
“No.” I replied.
“Hmm…we’ll have to fix that. Let’s go find Madison.” Matt said and took my hand making me blush.
We found her in the cafeteria sitting with the guys.
“Maddy, dress emergency.” Matt told her, pointing at me.
“You don’t have a dress!” She exclaimed looking shocked.
“Nope.” I said.
“Me, you, after school tomorrow, mall.” Maddy told me.
“What about me?” Matt asked.
“No, you get to stay home with the boys.” She replied firmly and he pouted.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry...this ones kinda short too.
Tell me what you think:) thanks for all the comments!