Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

Since When Did He Get So Smart?

I left the house, raging mad and slammed the door as hard as I could. I got in the car, peeled out of the driveway and sped to the gym.
After changing into my shorts, I threw my clothes in my locker and blasted my music. I swiftly walked to the punching bag in the corner of the room and pulled on a pair of gloves.
Stupid fucking asshole. I thought and smashed my fist into the bag. Does he think he can just waltz back into her life and hurt her with his lies? Another wave of anger hit me as I thought of Jessica and I pounded my fists into the sack, pretending that it was that the stupid motherfucker who was causing all this.
Once my arms felt dead, I moved on to running and then other weight lifting machines. When the anger had died, I left the gym and changed back into my street clothes. I left the building and headed to Zacky’s house.

“What the hell happened to you?” He asked when he saw me.
“Can we talk?” I replied.
“Sure, come on.” Zack told me, he led me into the kitchen and threw me a bottle of water from the fridge.
“Thanks.” I said catching it.
“So, what happened?” He asked after I’d chugged the whole thing.
“Jayda’s father showed up at the house with Ms. Clark, she let them in and then we got into a massive fight because of it.”
“So…what was the fight about?” Zack questioned looking confused.
“Jayda thinks that he’s different, but Ms. Clark was all banged up and I freaked out at her.” I explained. “And then Jayda told me that she needed someone to love her and apparently I don’t love her enough.”
“Jayda obviously didn’t mean it Matt,” Zack told me. “You don’t think before you say something when you’re upset.” His reasoning didn’t help me much, but I nodded anyways.
“She probably just wants to feel normal.” He added and I frowned at him.
“I mean, she wants to have a normal family and wants to believe that he changed so that it’ll happen.” Zacky explained. Since when did he get so smart?
“Yeah I get it.” I replied.
“Let’s go play some video games.” Zacky suggested, changing the subject.
“Alright.” I replied and followed him to his room.

I went home around midnight and hoped that Jayda was asleep.
When I got in the house, I quietly locked the door and slipped off my shoes. I walked lightly down the hall and into our bedroom. I sighed in relief when I noticed Jayda’s sleeping form; I turned on the lamp beside the bed and shut the ceiling one off. I grabbed a clean pair of boxers from my dresser and went into the bathroom.
For a long time, I just stood under the spray letting the hot water relax my muscles, and then I finally washed and got out. I dried myself off, pulled on my boxers and then toweled my hair. I threw the towel and my dirty clothes in the laundry basket and went back into our room. I shut the bathroom light off and was heading towards the door when I heard Jayda whisper my name. I turned and looked at her.
“What babe?” I asked as she frowned at me.
“Where are you going?” She asked quietly.
“I’m just going to watch some TV.” I said and Jayda’s frown deepened.
“Matt, its one o’clock in the morning.” I shrugged.
“I’m not tired, why don’t you just go back to sleep.” I told her. Jayda looked hurt as she looked down; I turned and started to leave the room.
“Matt?” She called.
“Hmm?” I asked stopping, but not turning.
“I love you.” Jayda told me.
“Alright.” I replied and walked down the hall feeling like an ass.
I grabbed a blanket and pillow from the hall closet and went into the living room. I threw the pillow on the couch, grabbed the remote and flopped down on the piece of furniture, bringing the blanket with me. I turned the TV on, found a UFC fight and turned down the volume. I dropped the remote on the floor beside me and started punching the couch. I stopped once I realized how dumb I was being and turned my head to look at the TV.

I was staring at the screen half asleep, when I noticed that Jayda was standing in the doorway of the living room.
“Is there something wrong?” I asked her.
“I just couldn’t sleep.” She replied sniffling. I didn’t say anything as she stood there shifting her weight nervously.
“I thought you said that you were just going to watch TV for awhile.” Jayda said.
“I did.”
“Then why does it look like you planned to stay here for the rest of the night?” She asked as she wiped her eyes.
“What’s the matter?” I asked frowning.
“Nothing.” She replied quietly, but her voice cracked and then I knew that she was crying.
“What’s wrong Jayda?” I asked again, sitting up. She sniffed and looked down at the floor.
“You were really going to stay here all night?” She questioned, her voice quivering. I sighed.
“Is that what’s bugging you?” I asked, not answering her question, Jayda shook her head.
“No…” She replied.
“Then what is it?”
“I-I just don’t …” She stammered. “Like it when you-you’re mad at me.” She managed to choke out as she started crying. I rubbed my hand down my face, feeling like a complete dick and sighed.
“Come here.” I told her. Jayda wiped her eyes and shook her head.
“Jayda baby, come here.” I repeated in a softer tone and she slowly walked towards me.
When she was standing in front of me, I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her on to my knee. Jayda cuddled into me and buried her face in my chest. I reached for the remote and shut the TV off, leaving the whole room in the dark.
“Let’s go to bed.” I told her as I stood up; holding on to her tightly and she wrapped her legs around my waist.
I carried her into the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. I then got in beside her, and pulled her close, closing my eyes.
“Matt,” She whispered.
“Yeah?” I asked half awake.
“I’m sorry.” Jayda said quietly.
“It’s okay, I’m sorry for being such an ass.” I told her. I felt her lips brush against the side of my jaw.
“I love you.” She whispered hesitantly.
“I love you too.” I replied.
Jayda laid her head against my chest and I felt her eyelashes brush against my skin as she closed her eyes. I waited until her breathing was deep and even, and then when I knew she was asleep, I closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait... been busy. tell me what you think please:)

not sure when im going to end this...maybe a couple more chapters to go and then the sequel:)