Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

We're Never Having Sex Again.

I began to stir as I felt my arm being lifted and placed on the bed. The mattress moved and I heard Jayda curse softly, causing me to subconsciously smile. I opened my eyes and watched Jayda waddle to the bathroom.
Groaning, I rolled over and glanced at the clock to see that it was only three in the morning. I rolled on to my back and closed my eyes, attempting to fall back asleep.
“Matt!” Jayda yelled a minute later. I groaned again and opened my eyes, sitting up.
“What’s the matter?” I asked in a loud voice so she could hear me.
“I think my water just broke.” She replied and I shot out of bed.
“What?!” I asked frantically, walking quickly into the bathroom.
“It broke.” Jayda repeated looking up at me. I stood there in shock.
“Matt, hello!” Jayda exclaimed. I shook my head, snapping from my gaze.
“Sorry, I’ll go get your bag.” I replied quickly and ran from the room.
I scrambled around our room nervously, throwing Jayda’s already packed bag on the bed and then I quickly found some clothes. I was pulling on my jeans when Jayda entered our room holding her stomach.
“Are you okay?” I asked her pulling a shirt over my head.
“I’m fine; just help me get some clothes on.” She replied, to which I nodded.
“Sweatpants?” I questioned.
“I don’t care.” She mumbled grimacing. I pulled a pair of her black pants from the dresser along with a shirt and handed them to her. I helped her dress and then grabbed the bag from the bed.
“Fuck.” Jayda muttered from beside me.
“What’s the matter?” I asked worriedly, wrapping my arms around her.
“Contraction.” She replied through her teeth and I started to panic.
“Hospital, let’s go!” I told her quickly.
“Matt relax, the baby isn’t just going to pop out.” Jayda told me.
“It might.” I mumbled and helped her walk to the front door.

When we got to the hospital, we were sent up to the maternity ward and ushered into a small room. After the nurse asked Jayda a series of questions about her pregnancy, she moved her to a bed in the hall and pulled the curtain around us.
“Is this your first child?” The nurse asked as she lifted Jayda’s shirt and placed two round monitors on Jayda’s bare stomach.
“Yes.” Jayda replied.
“Do you know what you’re having?” She questioned to make conversation.
“A girl.” I told her with a grin, causing her to smile at me.
When she was finished wrapping the band around Jayda to hold the monitors in place, she got Jayda to lay down and pushed a button on the screen of the machine beside the bed. Immediately we heard the baby’s heartbeat.
“I’ll be back in twenty minutes to check on you.” She told Jayda and left, pulling the curtain closed behind her.
I glanced at the wall behind the bed and noticed a paper taped to it, showing what the dilation of each centimeter looked like and my eyes grew wide.
“It gets that big?” I asked in amazement, pointing at the wall. Jayda turned her head and looked.
“Apparently.” She mumbled and then closed her eyes.
“Are you alright?” I asked for the tenth time. Jayda opened her eyes and looked at me.
“You’re really starting to piss me off, I’m fine.”
“Sorry, I’m just nervous.” I replied giving her a small smile.
“They’re just contractions Matt.”
“What do they feel like?” I questioned, trying to understand what kind of pain she was going through.
“Right now it’s like really bad cramps.” She replied and I nodded, still not understanding.

“So how’re you making out?” The nurse asked when she appeared about ten minutes later.
“Alright, my contractions are really irregular.” Jayda told her.
“If I can get you to put on this gown, I’ll check to see how dilated you are.” The nurse said and handed her the gown. My eyes went straight to the chart. Jayda took it from her and the nurse left.
“Can you help me?” Jayda asked as she sat up. I stood and helped her pull her sweatpants off. She put the gown on and took her underwear off. Jayda laid back down as the nurse came in.
I watched as the nurse placed her glove covered hand under the robe and Jayda’s face flushed red with embarrassment, then she frowned in discomfort as the nurse put her hand where no one but me should.
“I’d say that you’re about three centimeters.” She told Jayda throwing her rubber glove in the garbage. My eyes, once again, went to the chart.
“So, I’ll be here for awhile then?” Jayda asked and the nurse chuckled.
“We’ll see, but I’ll let you get dressed and then we’ll move you to a room.” She replied.
After Jayda had put her clothes on, we followed the nurse down the hall and into the maternity ward. As we were walking down the hall, a woman in labor kept making this really odd sounding loud noise.
“Don’t let that scare you.” The nurse said with a light chuckle, but as we kept going and the lady screamed again, I could tell that Jayda was getting nervous. I wrapped my arm around her waist and leaned down to kiss her cheek.
The nurse led us into a room, handed Jayda a gown and left us alone saying that she’d be back to check on us later.
“Did you call your Mom and Dad?” Jayda asked me as she got comfortable on the bed.
“No, I should though. Do you mind staying here alone for a couple minutes?” I asked not wanting to upset her.
“I’ll be fine, can you call Kade too?” I nodded in response and leaned down kissing her forehead.
“I’ll be right back.” I told her and walked out of the room.
I found a payphone in the lobby and called my parents.
“Hello.” Dad answered on the third ring sounding half asleep.
“Hey Dad.” I replied.
“Matt?” Dad grumbled. “You’d better have a good reason for waking me up this late.”
“Jayda’s water broke; we’re at the hospital now.” I told him.
“Hang on, I’ll go and get your Mother.” He said and I heard him set the phone down. A couple seconds later Mom picked up.
“Matt?” She said excitedly.
“Hi Mom.” I replied with a chuckle.
“How’s Jayda doing?”
“Good, she’s only three centimeters dilated though.” I told her, making a face.
“You’re in for a long night Son.” I heard Dad say in the background with a chuckle, causing me to groan.
“Don’t worry, it’ll be over before you know it and then you’ll be a father.” Mom told me and I grinned at the thought.
“I’d better get back, but can you tell Johnny to call the guys?” I asked.
“I will, call when she’s born.”
“I will.” I replied and hung up. I then dialed Kade’s number and waited.
“What?” He answered sounding slightly ticked.
“Hey Man, it’s Matt.”
“Matt? Why the hell are you calling me at four in the fucking morning?”
“Jayda’s water broke.” I explained for the second time. “We’re at the hospital.”
“She’s going to have the baby?” Kade replied excitedly and I laughed.
“Yeah, soon hopefully.”
“Aww man, now I won’t be able to sleep.”
“Sorry Man, I’ll call when the baby’s born and then you can come see her.” I told him.
“Alright, don’t pass out.” Kade replied causing me to laugh.
“I won’t.” I said and hung up the phone.

When I got back to the room, Jayda was laying on her side with her eyes closed. I walked over to her and ran my hand down the side of her face, causing her to open her eyes.
“Hey babe, you okay?” I asked softly before thinking, but Jayda just nodded and shifted so that I could sit down beside her.

A couple hours later, Jayda’s contractions were coming on strong and every time one came I wanted to cry.
“I can’t do it.” She kept repeating with tears streaming down her face.
“Hang on honey, I’ll go and get the nurse.” I told her and went out to the front desk.
“Umm, my girlfriend’s in a lot of pain.” I said to the nurse that had been taking care of us.
“Does she want any medication?”
“Probably.” I replied.
“I’ll be right in.” I nodded and went back to Jayda.
“The nurse is going to get you some drugs babe.” I told her.
“Fuck Matt, it hurts.”
“It’ll be over soon.” I reassured.
“We’re never having sex again.” She told me.
“Hey hey now, don’t say that.” I replied running my hand through her hair.
The nurse walked in as I was running my fingers through Jayda’s hair and explained to her what she was going to give her. Then people started coming in to set up for the delivery as the nurse checked and told us that baby was going to be coming soon.
Throughout the labor, I stood anxiously at the head of the bed as Jayda held on tightly to my hand. Finally, after lot’s of pushing and swearing, we had ourselves a little baby girl.
“Would you like to but the umbilical chord Dad?” The doctor asked smiling at me. I nodded, she handed me the scissor type thing and showed me where to cut.
I glanced down at the baby in the nurse’s arms and a wave of emotion hit me. I rushed to Jayda’s side and kissed her.
“She’s beautiful, I love you.” I told her as tears streamed down my face.
“I love you too.” Jayda replied, smiling as our baby started to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh...not my favourite. sorry it's kinda stupid. and super sorry for the lack of updates!! been on vacation and now have five exams to write this week.! anyways, tell me what you think. RIP Rev.