Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

I Think She'll Like It.

“Hey Jayda, I’ve got to go out for a minute.” I told her, walking into the backyard where she was watching Molly wobble around.
“Where are you going?” She asked looking back with a slight frown on her face, Molly turned around.
Before she could see me, I quickly stepped into the house and hid behind the door. Jayda laughed at me as I heard Molly say, “Dada.” I peeked around the door and saw that she was looking the opposite way.
“I’ve got to get something for tonight.” I explained and quickly hid myself again knowing that if my one year old daughter saw me, she’d want to come too.
“Alright, you might want to go now.” Jayda replied with a hint of laughter in her voice. I peeked around the corner to see Molly walking my way and Jayda looking at me with a grin. I groaned and started walking quickly out of the kitchen.
“Dada!” Molly said loudly. Picking up my pace, I turned the corner and left the house.

I paced back and forth through the store looking down at the cases of rings and necklaces. I walked by one that caught my eye and stopped, stepping closer to the showcase.
“Find on you like yet?” The man behind the counter asked.
“Yeah, can I look at that one please?” I replied pointing to a small silver ring that wasn’t too flashy. The man took it out of the case and handed it to me. I twirled it around in my hand.
“What do you think?” He asked.
“I think she’ll like it.” I replied grinning at him.

“Jimmy,” I said into the phone when he answered, as I left the jewelry store.
“Hey Matt, why do you sound so happy?” Jimmy asked.
“Guess what I’m doing tonight?”
“Getting laid?” He replied laughing.
“That too but no,” I said with a grin. “I’m proposing.”
“You’re what?” Jimmy exclaimed sounding shocked.
“Proposing.” I repeated with a chuckle as I got in the car.
“Shit man, that’s great.”
“Wanna be my best man?” I asked.
“Yes!” He yelled excitedly making me laugh.
“Wait…” Jimmy said slowly. “Jayda hasn’t even said yes yet.”
“Oh, she will.” I replied with a smirk.

By the time I got back to the house, my nerves were running wild. What if she says no? I thought before shaking my head.
“Stop being crazy.” I told myself as I got out of the car.
“Hey, you took your time.” Jayda said as I walked into the bathroom where she was bathing Molly.
“Sorry babe, I promise it’s worth it.” I replied leaning against the cupboard with a smirk.
“Dada,” Molly squealed splashing water with her hands.
“Hey honey.” I replied grinning at her.
Jayda pulled the plug and let the water drain. She wrapped a towel around Molly and picked her up. Molly held out her arms for me to take her, I leaned down and kissed her nose.
“You go get dressed with Mommy baby.” I told her as Jayda walked from the bathroom.
I went to our bedroom and shut the door. Taking the little velvet box from my pocket, I set it on the top of the dresser and undressed. I found black jeans in my bottom drawer and hauled them on. I pulled on a black shirt and then a dark red button down.
Picking the box up, I stuffed it in my pocket. A part of me was nervous and the other half excited about what I was going to do. Shoving my hands in my pockets, I twirled the box around in my hand as I left the bedroom. I walked down the hall to Molly’s room and leaned against the door frame, watching my girlfriend and daughter.
“You look sexy.” Jayda told me as she finished buttoning up Molly’s sleeper, the both of them looking over at me.
“Dada!” Molly grinned waddling over to me when Jayda set her down. She lifted her arms up and I bent down, picking her up off the floor. Jayda handed Molly her blanket and then gave me her bag.
“Can you wave bye to Mommy?” I asked waving at Jayda. She copied me, making me smile.
“You be a good girl.” Jayda told her, kissing her forehead.
“I’ll be back soon.” I said kissing Jayda.
“What should I wear?” She asked.
“Whatever you want babe, you always look great.” I replied kissing her again.
“You’re a lot of help.” She grumbled.
“I’ll see you in about a half an hour.” I told her with a grin and began walking down the hall.

* * *
I sighed now that I was alone and ran a hand through my hair as I headed towards the bedroom. I pulled the closet door open and sorted through the clothes.
“Matt, where the hell are you taking me?” I mumbled to myself as I pulled out a casual dress.
Shaking my head, I threw it to the ground just as the doorbell rang. I left our bedroom and walked down the hall to the front door. Without thinking, I pulled it open and immediately tried to re-shut it.
“Don’t be like that.” He said, his tone raising the little hairs on my arms.
His strength being much greater than mine, he shoved the door opened and stepped in, closing the door behind him. I slowly backed away from him, my whole body shaking and he chuckled.
“Aww, why do you look so scared honey?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, sorry to leave you with this cliff hanger... but i had to get this out! : ) im off to england for the week on friday, so i doubt ill be able to update! comment please!! : )