Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

I'm Sorry.

“What’re your plans for tonight?” Mom asked when I got to their house. I handed her my sleeping baby, after kissing the top of her head.
“We’re going out for dinner and then I’m going to ask Jayda to marry me.” I replied casually with a grin.
“You’re what?” Mom exclaimed.
“Here,” I told her, holding out the ring. “Look.”
“Oh wow Matt, Jayda’s going to love it.”
“I know.” I replied grinning.
“I can’t believe you’re going to get married!” Mom squealed and I laughed.
“Me neither.” I replied.
“You’ll call me after you ask, right?”
“I will, I should get going.” I told her.
“Have a good night.” Mom said with a grin. Chuckling, I pressed my lips against her cheek before leaving.

I grinned to myself as I got out of the car, imagining what was in store for me this evening. I was going to ask the love of my life to marry me, have a nice quiet dinner and then go home with her, alone. We are not going to be sleeping tonight, I thought with a smirk walking up to the front door.
“Jayda,” I called out as I stepped into the house. “You ready babe?”
Frowning when I didn’t get a reply, I walked through the house to our bedroom. I entered and glanced around. My frown deepened when I saw that the closet was all torn apart and most of my girlfriend’s clothes were missing.
“Jayda!” I yelled as I began frantically searching the house for her. I ended up in the kitchen and that’s where I found a note sitting innocently on the cupboard, making my heart sink. Slowly, I picked it up and began to read it. “I’m sorry.” I said out loud.
Throwing the paper down, I swiftly turned and threw my fist into the wall. That’s all she could say? All she could say was I’m sorry? Well sorry didn’t fucking count, not when we had a baby together, not when we loved each other. Not when I was about to make her my wife.
Screaming at the top of my lungs, I repeatedly punched the wall leaving the indent of my fist in it. My chest was taken over by an immense heavy, breaking pain and I slid to the floor against the wall, crying.
I sat on the floor as I cried, trying to think of where I had gone wrong. Did she know that I was going to propose? Was it too soon? I shook my head, she didn’t have any idea. Surely she still loved me, and what about Molly? At the thought of our daughter, my heart shattered even more. Our beautiful little girl, how could she leave her? She couldn’t, I argued. But there had to be something, something had gone wrong.
Pulling my heavy body up from the floor, I walked to the phone and called the one person that was always there for me, no matter what.
“That didn’t take very long.” Mom answered with a chuckle.
“Mom…” I chocked out as another wave of pain coursed through my body.
“Oh Matt,” Mom said gently, with concern. “Honey, what happened?”
“S-She’s…gone.” I stammered. “Mom, she left me.”
“What do you mean Matthew, Jayda said no?” She asked confusion in her voice.
“I didn’t ask,” I told her, my voice hoarse. “I-I got home and…and she’s not here. Mom, what am I going to do?”
“Honey, I’m going to be right over, alright?”
“Okay.”
“Don’t do anything, understand?” Mom said.
“Yes,” I replied and hung up.
Picking up the paper from the floor, I reread those two dreaded words over and over in my mind. I was still standing in the middle of the kitchen, clutching the note in both hands when Mom walked in. As soon as she saw me, her face fell and she rushed to me, pulling me tightly into her arms. Hugging her back I sobbed into her neck, not knowing what else to do.
“She left me Mom, I-I wanted to marry her.”
“I know honey, I know. She must have had a reason, Jayda wouldn’t just leave.” Mom told me.
“But she did, and all, all she had the decency to do was write me a note.” I replied as we let go of each other and I thrust it at her. She took it from me and read it.
“Maybe she was scared Matt, maybe something happened.”
“I would have known,” I argued. “I would have.”
“I don’t know honey.”
“What am I going to do Mom?” I cried. “I can’t do it without her.”
“It’s going to be hard Matt.” Mom replied and I felt the anger rise.
“She’s going to come back!” I yelled. “Jayda’s going to come back!
“Why don’t you go and lay down Matthew.” Mom suggested.
“She’s going to come back, right?” I asked quietly, my body slumping forward as I began to cry harder than before. I was breaking down completely.
“Come on,” Mom said gently, taking my arm. “Let’s get you in bed.” Lost, I let her lead me to the bedroom and I laid down.
“Mom, is she?” I asked again.
“I don’t know honey, I don’t know.” Mom sighed as she left the room, closing the door behind her.
Fishing the ring from my pocket, I held it in front of me, staring at it before launching it across the room. I watched as it hit the wall and fell behind the dresser. Anger washed over my body as I began punching at the bed. How could she…
The anger quickly dissolved and was replaced with anguish. Sobs shook my body until I felt sick, sitting up quickly, I rushed to the bathroom and emptied my stomach. Shakily, I stood and flushed the toilet before going back to bed.
Lying on my back, I stared at the ceiling not wanting to look around the room, wanting to forget and pretend that everything was alright. That Jayda was here, lying right beside me sleeping, an engagement ring on her left hand.

“He’s completely broken Gary, I don’t know what to do.” I heard Mom say as I woke up in the morning.
“I’m worried about him; he’s so lost and confused.” Mom went on. “I don’t think Matt can handle it, I really don’t.”
Sitting up, the night before rushed back to me and my heart tugged in my chest as tears began to form in my eyes. There was a knock on my door, I wiped my eyes.
“Yeah?” I called, clearing my throat as my voice cracked. The door slowly opened and Mom appeared.
“Are you alright?” She questioned, concern written all over her face.
“No,” I replied forcing any emotion away.
“Do you want anything to eat?” Mom asked.
“No,” I repeated.
“Do you want me to call Jimmy or the guys?”
No,” I repeated again, getting annoyed and impatient.
“Well then change your clothes, we’re going home.” She told me, shutting the door as she left me alone.
Slowly, I stood and made my way to the dresser. Making sure not to look towards the closet, I grabbed the first pair of jeans I could find and a black shirt from the drawer. I changed and quickly left the bedroom, trying to push past the memories.
“Good you’re ready, let’s go.” Mom said standing from the table as she saw me enter the kitchen.

When we reached my parent’s house, I got out from the car in silence and walked into the house. Molly came wobbling quickly around the corner and her face lit up when she saw that it was me.
“Dada!” She squealed, laughing her baby laugh. I knelt down when she got to me and wrapped her in my arms, hugging her to me.
“Mum,” Molly said for the first time and I broke down.
My whole world had just come crashing down on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe.. don't hate me. sorry for the wait, had to figure things out. comment please, i want to know what you think :)