Status: comment please!

I Found You, Something Told Me To Stay.

You Think That's Cute?

The past week was hell, Matt hadn’t been in class, so I had to do our song alone and Dad had been super pissed for some unknown reason. I did make a new friend though. After the day we met in the hallway, Maddy had come over everyday to talk to me and we always ate lunch together.
When I got to music class on Monday I was surprised to see Matt sitting at his desk with his hood up and his head down on the table. I grinned and my stomach did nervous flips. I slid into my seat and set my books down. I reached over and pulled his hood off.
“What the fuck?” He grumbled opening his eyes and lifted his head off his desk.
Matt turned his head in my direction and when his eyes met mine, he grinned showing his dimples.
“Hey Jayda, how was your morning?” He asked casually as if he hadn’t just disappeared for a week. I frowned at him.
“Where have you been?” I asked. Matt’s smile faded and I wanted it to come back.
“I got suspended.” He grumbled. I frowned at him again.
“For what?” I asked.
“Umm…well I saw two guys fighting with my brother so I joined in.” He replied.
“Oh.” I said. “You have a brother?” I asked.
“Yeah.” Matt laughed. “But he’s a short little shit.” I pretended to glare at him.
“There’s something wrong with being short?” I asked folding my arms across my chest.
“No, no…not when you’re cute but trust me, Johnny’s far from cute.” I felt my face get hot and I looked down.
“Matt and Jayda, can you please start paying attention back there.” Ms. Clark yelled from the front of the class. I turned in my seat and stared down at my desk.
On our way to lunch, Matt pointed out a guy a little taller than me with short dark hair.
“That’s Johnny.” He told me. I looked up at him and grinned mischievously.
“And you said that he wasn’t cute.”
“You think that’s cute?” Matt asked frowning.
“Who wouldn’t?” I replied.
“Well maybe you should go after him, cause he’s interested.” Matt grumbled. I looked up at him and realized that he didn’t know that I was just joking.
Matt’s jaw was clenched and his eyebrows scrunched together, I touched his arm and he looked down at me.
“It’s not him I’m interested in.” I said and felt his arm muscles loosen.
“Who it is then?” He asked, his eyebrow arched.
“Ohh…I don’t think you know him.” I replied grinning.
“Are you sure?” Matt asked. He looked down at me and grinned.
“Cocky.” I grumbled teasingly and looked ahead of me. I
saw Dad up ahead in the crowd coming our way; I don’t think he noticed me yet. I elbowed Matt and looked up at him.
“I gotta go, I’ll see you later.” I told him.
Matt frowned and opened his mouth to say something. I quickly glanced at Dad who was getting closer.
“I’ll meet you in the cafeteria.” I promised and didn’t wait for him to reply.
I turned on my heels and headed in the other direction. I looked back once at Matt, he was standing there watching me with a confused expression spread across his face. I smiled faintly at him and kept going.
♠ ♠ ♠
second one for today. comment please..