Then Is When It All Begun

Agreement Kiss

Andreas looks at the boy in front of him, a thoughtful look crossing over his features as he watches Eric comb his hair, bringing up the hair straightener to make his already flat hair lay almost pressed against his head.

He’s still not used to seeing a boy care so much about his appearance. If it had been a girl, he would have thought no more about it, but this was Eric. Sure, he looked like a girl, but he was in fact a boy; Andreas knew that for a fact - he had checked, after all. The memory brought a small smile to his lips.

It had been him and Bone, always up to something mischievous, who after a drunken discussion had stated that Eric must have some girl parts, and after seeing the boy’s threatening glare, they had both known what to do. Walking up to him, Eric’s eyes had widened, pressing back against the couch while shaking his head frantically, soon laughing as he felt Bone’s hands over his arms to keep him in place, as Andreas had started to tug on his jeans. Right then it was just a drunken game, forcing off the young teenager’s jeans to see his he was a boy or a girl. The day after, Andreas realized how fucked up it had really been. If someone had walked in on them, they would have thought Eric was being raped, or something equally as terrible.

“Do my looks really make you that happy?” Eric’s eyes meets Andreas’ in the mirror, a small smile playing the full lips.

“I was thinking about something,” Andreas smirks, not planning on telling the boy that in a way, it was him that got him to smile.

“About my beauty,” Eric nods, as if he fully believes it to be true, Andreas suspect he does believe that he is right, it just something the teenager would do, or at least say. “It’s hard to concentrate when you’re staring!”

“I was just thinking about…” Andreas shuts up when he realises that he was just about to repeat his own words, smirking towards the boy’s reflection instead. “How do you like everything here so far?

“That’s what you were thinking about?” Giggling, Eric looks over his shoulder, his blue eyes meeting Andreas’, the mirror no longer being their only connection.

“Not really,” Andreas replies, chuckling. He leans back, crossing his arms behind his head. “But I still want you to answer.”

Hesitatingly, Eric puts down the comb and hair straighter and turns his body round completely, pulling his knees up to his chest as he looks at the man, his eyes big and glossy as he thinks about the question.

He looks so young, almost innocent, and Andreas immediately regrets what he was thinking originally. The boy in front of him is just a teenager; other kids his age were in school right now, fighting through maths or other subjects. They were not fixing themselves up for a photo shoot.

“I like it, a lot,” Eric says as he rests his chin against his knees, looking unsurely at the older man, “It’s fun being on stage, having all eyes on me – kinda,” he adds with a shy smile when Andreas raise his eyebrows in amusement. “Andreas, what do you want me to say? That I want to do this for the rest of my life? ‘Cause I want that, more than anything.” Nibbling on his bottom lip, Eric tilts his head to the side, thinking he saw something light up in the man’s features. “But it feels weird saying that, when I’m just helping out, when I have to find another band later or go back to Trash Ladies, and never experience this again.”

Smiling, Andreas watches as the boy turns around, blushing and focusing on his own reflection again, running the comb through his hair. He avoids looking at the man at all. His cheeks turn a deeper shade of red when he sees the man stand up, but he stubbornly continues to brush his hair, only stopping when Andreas is right behind him and leaning down. The man’s chin rests against his shoulder, and their eyes meet in the mirror.

“We want you to join us, Eric,” Andreas murmurs, running his hand down the boy’s arm.

Smirking, Eric turns around, his nose brushing against Andreas’. Neither of them move away, and the boy just keeps looking into the man’s eyes, a smug look crossing over his fine features, which makes Andreas wrinkle his eyebrows.

“About time you said it,” Eric giggled, the smug expression disappearing as his face lit up in a smile. “You almost had me worried!”

“You knew?” Andreas looks surprised; everyone in the band had promised not to tell the boy about their idea until they had heard what Eric wanted, and after making sure that the boy’s parents were okay with their son joining a rock band, with much older men as band mates.

“I suspected it,” Eric says with a mischievous grin as he leans back, his back pressing lightly against the man’s chest. “If you hadn’t asked soon, I would’ve threatened to tell the media that you had raped me, and then you would have had to let me join. And if not, I’d get my fifteen minutes of fame anyway!”

Andreas is too shocked to pull away, he just keeps staring into the mirror, looking at the seventeen-year-old’s reflection, and wonders how he hadn’t realised what kind of type the boy really was. He was young, immature most of the time, but he hadn’t seemed like the kind of boy who would actually do something like that.

“Why would I rape you?” Andreas asks sternly, never having realized before that his eyes get incredibly dark when he’s angry. But then again, he has never looked into a mirror when irritated.

“’Cause I have a pretty ass and an even prettier face,” Eric states, that smile still over his lips, not seeming to notice how angry the man is.

“Are you serious? You little…”

“Come on! Do you really think that of me?” Laughing, Eric turns around, his eyes glittering as he wraps his arms around the man. “I overheard Emil and Ole talk about it, and I’ve been waiting for you to finally say something. But because you took such a long time, I wanted to torture you back!”

“Not funny,” Andreas mutters, but he can’t keep himself from hugging the young boy back, feeling relieved that Eric isn’t a completely famous-hungry bitch. “On second thought, how will we survive having you in the band?”

“Too late to take it back!” Eric shouts, pulling back with round eyes, fear showing in them. “You like me too much! You’ll survive me!”

“I’m not sure about that,” chuckling, Andreas ruffles up Eric’s hair, smirking when the boy yelps and hits away his hand. “You’re such a little princess.”

“And a damn hot one too,” Eric nods, all too seriously, and taps with his finger against his lips. “Agreement Kiss.”

“Agreement what?” Andreas repeats, looking quizzically at the boy who still has his finger against his lips.

“When agreeing on something, you kiss to seal the deal. We agree that you won’t kick me out, and that I’ll try and act more like an adult,” Eric explains, looking innocent, “But you can’t really expect that from me, I’m still just a teen, so I’m supposed to be childish.”

Unsure, Andreas looks down at the boy, before he shrugs and leans down, his lips pressing softly against the boy’s. Eric slowly parts his lips, and Andreas follows, not thinking about it until his tongue is massaging the boy’s, and Andreas for the first time seriously wonders how they will survive going on tour with this boy.

When he pulls back, Andreas can’t help but smirk and press a kiss against the boy’s cheek, whispering, “Welcome to the band, Eric.”

His only reply is a shy grin from Eric, the young boy staring after the singer as he leaves the room, going to tell the other guys that Eric accepted the offer; he is now the latest member of Deathstars.

As soon as the door closes behind the singer, Eric grabs his phone from his pocket, typing in a text as quickly he can and sending it, before returning to the mirror to look at his own prettiness, smirking as he imagines his friend’s expression when reading those words;

“He fell for Agreement Kiss.”