Legend Awaits

New Feelings

Sam’s POV

We drove down the short street to the academy. It was like a college campus. There was a church on campus. It must be a Catholic high school. I looked over to Dean. He had his worry look on.

“I’ll say you’re my half brothers, so you can use your real name. Kaolin can sense when anyone is lying,” Em said.

“Is that him?” Dean asked.

There was a tall man. He only had pants on. His wings were visible. Castiel had never shown his wings. He was tall, maybe taller than I am. He was dark complected. He looked up as we drove in. He stared us down. His eyes narrowed until Em stuck her head out.

Kaolin’s POV

A black car started to pull onto the campus. Two males were sitting in the front. I did not know these men. One had brown hair, and he was driving. The other had dirty blonde hair. Someone moved in the back. It was Em. What was she doing in the car with these two men? I walked out in front of the car, making them stop.

Em got out the car and ambled towards me. She seemed happy. I could see it radiating off of her. Now, I realize that all three of these humans were happy. I looked at them skeptically. There were a few similarities among them all.

“Kaolin,” she spoke, making me happy now that she was speaking my name.

“Em,” I smiled.

“Is it okay if my brothers stay for a visit for a few days? I haven’t seen them in a great deal of time.” She looked so hopeful for my yes. I couldn’t deny her.

“If it is okay with the prioress, then yes they can. I believe they have guests rooms.”

She lit up. I was so glad to make her so happy. I wanted to please this little human to all extent I possibly could. This little act made me proud of myself even more. I smiled at her and waved her brothers in.

“Where can we park?” the brown headed one asked. I pointed to the parking lot behind me. He nodded his thanks.

“Those are your brothers?” I asked. “I wasn’t aware that you had siblings.”

“They’re my half brothers. My mum was married before my father. Her first husband died prematurely. They have always looked over me.” She talked of them proudly. She loved her brothers.

They started to walk towards us. They looked uneasy. Had she told them all that has happened here? I eyed these men. They looked strong and certain of themselves. I stood taller. They eyed me like I eyed them.

“Hello, I’m Sam West, and my brother,” he started.

“Dean West,” the other ended.

“I am Kaolin. So you are the half brothers of Em?” I asked.
“Yes. We haven’t seen her in years, though. When we heard that she was in the states, we had to come see her,” the one named Sam answered.

“Why haven’t you seen her in so long?” I questioned.

“Well, as you know, my mom believes in freedom for her children, hence why Em is here. So when I was about sixteen and Dean, nineteen, we left. We all travel a lot, so it’s hard to keep up,” the brown headed one answered.

“Oh, I see.” I turned. Em and her other brother were heading towards us. Em was beaming, but her brother, he looked skeptical. I eyed him as he walked with Em.

“Hey, man,” he said to me. He offered his hand, so I took it hesitantly.

“Hello,” I said to him. “I think you need to go ask Prioress Elizabeth now, Em.”

“Okay, thanks, Kaolin,” she said, hugging me. I didn’t want to let go of her. She pulled away from long before I was ready to release her. I sighed as she walked towards her brothers. They walked off with their arms wrapped around each other with Em in the middle. A happy little family.

I decided to head to my little friend, Carlyn. How easily she was deceived. I have barely seen her since I had arisen. It was evening, so she was probably eating. I headed for the dining hall. Everyone stared at me as I made my entrance. I smiled and waved at few people who were gawking. Carlyn had turned around to see what the commotion was about. She smiled broadly. She seemed to come alive when I looked at her.

I walked over to her table and sat down beside her. Her friends stared at me as if wary of me. They were the smart ones. The boy hunched over and scowled at Carlyn. She was straining her smile at him. I chuckled knowing that she had kicked him in his shin.

“Hey, Kaolin. How are you today?” Carlyn asked, trying to sound sophisticated. It was humorous.

“I am fine, and yourself?” This girl seemed to be enthralled by me. Who could blame her? I had come to her in her dreams; I look like a god (according to these girls, which I agree); I had risen from the ground (she thinks I came from the sky, though); and I am an angel.

“Great,” she purred. “Have you seen Em? She wasn’t at practice today.” She really didn’t care about Em, but she knew how I loved that human. She was aware that I become happier when I walk about her.

“She was with her brothers,” I answered. An emotion I wasn’t aware of made itself known. I sat there trying to figure out this feeling. I finally realized I was jealous. I wanted ever moment possible to be with her, but now that time will be taken by her brothers. I became dour. I didn’t want to talk about Em. I wanted to be around Em. I got up abruptly, leaving behind a very upset Carlyn.

I should treat her better. She did resurrect me, but I didn’t want to think of her. Em reminded me of someone I once loved. Carlyn was much more like a puppy dog. She would follow me anywhere, which will be helpful in the future. I wanted to find Em.

***

I walked across the court yard that led to the visiting dorms. I heard laughter the moment walked through the door. Em was on the floor, snorting. I never noticed that before. It was amusing and warmed my heart even more. They all stopped when they noticed me. They seemed unease with me around. It took Em a moment to realize how her brothers acted but soon followed suit. This made me sad. She couldn’t be herself with me.

“I see that the prioress has let your brothers stay. That is wonderful news,” I said warmly.

“Uh… yeah. Do you need something, Kaolin?” she asked me.

“No, I was checking to if your brothers were staying, and if they were, if they were comfortable.” I answered. I wanted her acceptance, needed it.

“We’re fine, thanks,” said the one named Sam.

“You are welcome.” I turned back to Em. “You missed practice today.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry. At least I have a good reason,” she answered, waving back to her newly found brothers.

“You will be there tomorrow, I hope.” She nodded in answer. I did not want to leave her. I wanted to out stay my welcome. I needed her to like me, to love me. I wanted her to know I was capable of caring incase she still harbored doubts about me. I was about to ask her to come eat with me, when someone busted through their door.

Em shrieked; her brothers gasped. The man looked at me, than the three others. He was beaten. His long coat was matted with blood and mud. His shirt was torn and burnt. His hair was a mess. His face was a mess.

I heard Em gasp, “Dad!” I knew this man might look like her father, but he was anything but.