Legend Awaits

Risen

I ran to my room from the infirmary. I was out breath by time I got to my room. I busted open the door. Zo was not here. Good. I grabbed a change of clothes. I wore a white shirt similar to the one Em had worn. I grabbed a pair of dark jeans and white tennis. I almost ran out of the room without grabbing the razor blade I would use later. I looked t my watch, five fifty-seven.

I darted from the dorm room to the church. Ivana was already there. She looked nervous. She stopped pacing when she saw me. She wore a white shirt and dark jeans like I did. I could see the fear in her eyes. Was she scared to raise Kaolin or afraid to cut herself? I finished jogging over to her. It five fifty-nine. I made it just in time. I looked up to see the prioress heading towards us. She seemed to be in a rush. She was yelling something, but I couldn’t hear her.

I looked at Ivana, who nodded. I pulled out the razor blade. She gulped. I muttered some comforting words. I saw Em heading towards us. She looked determined and was moving fast, faster than usual.

“Don’t do it,” I finally heard. It was coming form the prioress. I looked at her confused. I shook my head. Em might be controlling her. I looked over Em; she was almost here.

“Carlyn, please, don’t do this,” Em pleaded. She was in front of us. The prioress said the same thing, standing next to Em. I was about to ask why. I saw something in Em’s eyes. The same thing was reflected in the prioress’s. I was going to tell Ivana not do it, but the next thing I knew, the prioress was flung across the ground. Em remained where she was. Something was surrounding us. It was like a force field of some sort. I looked at Ivana; she had cut her arm wide open. Blood was spilling out of it. She made another cut over her heart; the blood slithered down. She kept making deep cuts.

I wanted to yell at her to stop, but couldn’t find my voice. Em was banging on the invisible wall, determined to break it. She stepped back. I turned my head from her to look at Ivana. She was on the ground breathing hard. I felt something powerful hit the wall, but at the same time a gray light broke through the ground. I couldn’t tell if it came from it or if it came from the sky and the impact caused the ground to break. I saw a figure forming in the light. My breath caught in my throat along with my voice. I fell on my knees beside Ivana.

The light disappeared. Kaolin stood in front of me. He looked gorgeous. I couldn’t do anything but stare. I wasn’t the only one. Em was staring, but she looked angry, not amazed. The prioress was sitting up staring at him. He turned to me and Ivana. He walked over to her and placed his hand on her head. Light erupted from her wounds. Her chest raised and she breathed deeply, making a raspy noise. I hugged Ivana as soon as he got up.

Everyone was still in place. Em stood tall; she looked ready to fight. Prioress Elizabeth still sat where she had fallen. Kaolin just stared at Em. He looked amazed this time. I got up and walked over to him. I put my hand out to place it on his shoulder, but he started to step towards Em. He stopped right in front of her and cupped her cheek. He caressed her face; she stood still.

I heard him mutter: “You look so much like her.” He kissed her. My jaw dropped. I felt like I was about to crumble into the ground. He was kissing that evil bitch, but she wasn’t enjoying it. She was fighting against his embrace. She suddenly stopped and melted into him. She wrapped her hands around his neck. He lifted her up, and she snaked her legs around his waist.

Maybe she was right. Kaolin was the fallen angel, and she was his lover. The kiss deepened. The kiss ended, but they still clung to each other. Kaolin smiled, but Em frowned. She head butted him. He stumbled back, letting her fall to the ground. She got up quickly and readied herself to fight.

Kaolin got up, but didn’t position himself to fight. “What have I done to you for you to hurt me?” He fixed his stare at Em. He looked confused. I walked to his side and placed my hand on his shoulder. His upper body was bare except his wings on his back. He had black pants on oddly. I didn’t try to figure out how he had pants on when his upper body was bare. It wasn’t bothering me. His body was perfect. Come to think of it. He had always worn those pants in my dreams.

“Hello, Carlyn. It is a pleasure to meet you in person. Thank you for raising me.” He turned to face me. His voice was even more astonishing in person. I melted inside. He turned his attention back to Em. “Who are you and why did you attack me?”

“This is Em Luc, the one I told you was evil,” I announced. I stared mockingly at Em who was shaking her head.

“Oh, but Carlyn, this girl is not evil. I can see her goodness; it is almost palpable.”

“What?” I snapped. Had Em been right? I looked at her scared. I looked up at him.

“She has just been misinformed. You are the one from Egypt?” he asked her. I felt something bubbling inside of me.

“Yes,” she answered coldly.

“Please, do not feel hostile towards me. I am not the evil one. The people who have told you stories were wrong, I promise.” He extended his hand out to her. “Egypt was never my favorite place, too much sand. I prefer the beauties of the nature. I guess the people of Egypt resent me for not liking their home that much.”

She still hadn’t taken his hand. She looked at him cautiously. Suddenly, something changed within her. She no longer seemed hostile, but- I couldn’t tell. She relaxed. “I am sorry I attacked. The stories must have been wrong. You have healed Ivana and have not attacked back. You cannot blame me, though. You did kiss me.”

I cringed at the last part. I wanted to remove that memory; burn it if I could. Kaolin chuckled instead. “I am sorry. You remind of a lost friend. You look like her in a way. Please forgive me.” He looked at the prioress, who was still sitting at her landing spot. “I owe you an apology as well. I have ruined your grounds and my rising seemed to have thrown you, literally.” He extended his hand again to offer to help her up.

She hesitated. She looked up Em, who nodded. Prioress Elizabeth looked back at Kaolin and held up her hand. Kaolin grabbed it gently and helped her up carefully. “Carlyn, can you help her back to her room?”

“Yes,” I said eager to do anything he asked. I grabbed the prioress’s arm gently and walked slowly with her. I looked back at Kaolin who has stepping closer to Em. Em still seemed cautious of him. She would step back a little with every step he took towards her. How could she be afraid of an angel?

Kaolin’s POV

I advanced towards this girl that reminded me so much of Emnomnia. She backed away slightly. She seemed aware of who I was, but my lie seemed to work. Perhaps she was a good actress like I was a good actor. I had fooled Carlyn even with this girl telling her otherwise. This girl who was radiating goodness. I could see her aura. It had a black dot in the middle from where a silver light burst. The girl herself was gorgeous. She had long, dark brown hair, grayish green eyes, long eyelashes. She was tall and strong. Her attire made her even more appealing. The way her garments clung to her extenuated her figure. She reminded me so much of my lost love. That was exactly what my love was- lost in time.

“You do not need to fear me,” I comforted.

She smiled weakly. “I’m sure.”

“Why do you fear me so?” I asked. I was utterly enthralled by this beauty. I wanted to know what she was thinking, but I couldn’t. I wanted to touch her, but I think she would attack me again. She was a fighter; something that attracted me more to her.

“I guess the stories have had the desired affect that the Egyptians wanted. You can stop walking towards me now. I do like my own personal space.” She was nervous. I could feel slight emotions emanating from her: fear, anguish, desire, nervousness, rationale. All these things pulled her in different directions. Humans were so difficult.

“Please, do not believe them. I have done many good things. I have fought in countless wars for good. I am angel,” I tried to explain.

“I know that,” she snapped. “I have a problem with you going dark side because of a demon lover.”

I was becoming enraged by this human. Why couldn’t she accept my lie like Carlyn? My fury turned from malevolent to nice. I would have to act like the angel I once was. I stopped ambling towards her. I put my hands up in the air as if surrendering. I put on my best face. The expression on her face changed.

“Don’t give me that face. You’re over two thousand years old. You don’t have to put on a sad face. I believe you. Legends get mixed up all the time over generations. Happy?” She was perturbed; I could tell. She believed me though. I could sense that.

“Thank you, Em Luc. I would like to be shown the grounds. Would you be so nice to do that?” I wanted to get to know this girl. I wanted to know everything that was going inside her head, and if she really did believe me. I wanted to know this girl more deeply. I wanted to know every trace of her body. I wanted this girl named Em Luc, and I would have her no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope ya'll are liking the story.
i wouldn't know because no one comments!!!!!