Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Memories

I glared, though there was no one to glare at.

"Brian, I told you I'm not forgiving him." I muttered angrily. "Emma, Zacky's sorry." Brian said. "I know he is! God, that's all he ever says to me. He's like a broken record," I said.

"Well, that's only because he means it."

"Brian, call me later, when you have something to talk about other than Zacky." I said.

I hung up quickly, not waiting for his answer.

"Emma," I heard Emily say. I sighed deeply.

"You too?" I asked. She nodded.

"I'm not forgiving him!" I yelled. "He did say sorry," Emily muttered. "Quit reminding me! I don't care! I will never care. If Zacky apologized to me for the rest of my life, I still wouldn't care!" I yelled.

Emily shook her head slowly.

We were graduating soon, tomorrow to be exact. The guys keep on asking if we'll come and visit. Emily was going, but I wasn't. Everyone was trying so hard just to get me to forgive Zacky.

I was never going to forgive him, ever. No matter what he did or what he said, nothing was going to change that.

"Please come visit the guys with me," Emily begged. I shook my head. "Everyone's just gonna try harder, when they see me. Especially him," I hissed through my teeth.

"Emma, it's been five months." She said softly. I shook my head.

"No amount of time will ever change the way I feel about him now," I said walking away.

I stared at Emily, who was just glaring at me.

"You know, Zacky wasn't the only person waiting for you." She said. I nodded. "I'll see everyone soon," I muttered.

I wasn't exactly in the greatest mood.

"When?" Emily asked sharply. "Soon."

"Mom, told me about Peru," Emily said softly. I glared at her hard. "And?" "And I think it's stupid," she said. I shook my head.

"I just need to see the world," I said. "You could've saw the world--" I cut her off. "With Zacky? Hell no," I said.

She shook her head.

"I was going to say with me, but that works too." Emily said. "Flight 157 now boarding," a voice on the intercom said. "Your flight's here," I muttered. "Promise me," Emily said.

"Promise you what?" I asked. "Promise you'll come visit the guys." She begged. I shrugged.

"I don't know if I'd be able to keep it." "Just promise me, please. If not for me or Zacky, do it for Brian. He misses you," Emily said. I sighed deeply.

It wasn't that I didn't miss any of the guys, I did. Every single one of them, even him. I missed Matt. His muscles, dimples, and smirks made me smile. I missed Jimmy. His wild and crazy antics made me happy no matter what. I missed Johnny, even. I was never really close to him, but he did comfort me when needed. I missed Brian. He was overall, the best guy in the world. I, even, missed Zacky. I still loved him, but I couldn't stand the thought of him.

"Fine, I promise." I said. I regretted those words as soon as they left my mouth. A wide grin spread across Emily's face.

"Good, I'm gonna hold you to your word." She said. "Go get on your plane," I said. She nodded and walked away.

I laid down on my bed, waiting. For what, I wasn't even sure.

Peru was a blast. Who knew studying abroad would be so great? The place I got to stay at was wonderful. It was a huge mansion, filled with servants that gave me anything I desired. I, literally felt like a princess there.

I sighed as I rolled off my bed, landing on the hard ground.

"Ow," I grumbled. Why did that always happen?

I slowly rose to my feet, as I heard my mom yelling at me. No doubt to tell me to stop falling off my bed again.

I had three more years in college left now. I decided I wanted to become a vet. I loved animals, and I hated sick people. Those were the only reasons I needed to become a vet.

I walked out of my room, heading towards the living room. My mom was sitting comfortably, watching Jerry Springer.

"Mom, when is Emily coming back?" I asked. "I told you she's on the phone," my mom said. I sighed as I walked over to the phone in the kitchen.

"Em?" I asked. "Emma!" "When you coming home, I miss you." I said. "That's kind of why I called..." Emily trailed off. My eyes widened.

"Go on," I urged her. "I don't think I'm coming back." "What?" I screamed into the phone. "Ow, you hurt my ear." Emily said.

"Why aren't you coming back?" I demanded. "I love it here too much," she said softly. "Well, do you not love me?" "Of course, I do. It's just that everyone is here," she said. "I'm not! I'm your fucking twin!" I yelled.

"Language!" My mom yelled.

I ignored my mom's comment.

"I know, but the guys." "So the guys mean more to you now?" I questioned. "No, I--" I cut her off. "Have a fun time in California. Have a great fucking life," I said hanging up.

I was being unreasonable, and I knew it. I didn't care at the moment though. I just wanted my sister.

"They your favorite band?" "Huh?" I asked. Her voice had broken me out of my own little world. "Avenged Sevenfold," she said.

I stared down at the girl giving me my first tattoo. I nodded.

"Yeah, they're great." I said smiling weakly.

"I like them too," she said. I glanced down at what she was drawing. The skull was already outlined, but the wings were still missing.

"The Rev's my favorite," she said. "Yeah, he's cool. Gotta love the drummers," I said smiling. "Who's your favorite?" She asked.

"Synyster Gates," I said. It felt so unnatural to call him by his stage name. "Everyone loves him," she said laughing. "It's 'cause he's the best," I said. "Too bad he's taken though," she muttered. I nodded.

"The twins seem nice though," I said. She nodded. "Yeah, it's nice to know they've always been there for the guys, even before they got huge. Even that Emily girl with Johnny," she said. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, Emily's great." I said softly.

"Okay, outline is all done!" She said happily. She looked up at me, and then she raised an eyebrow.

"You kind of look like Emily," she said. "I know. Cool, huh?" I asked. She just nodded, but I could tell she was still suspicious.

"Are we gonna finish it today?" I asked. She nodded.

"Just giving you a break," she said. "Could I add something to it?" I asked. She nodded. "Could you write 'SG' on my other wrist?" I asked. "Sure," she said.

I smiled widely. "You sure do love Synyster," she said happily. I nodded.

"I love them all," I said softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just some memories that passed in a couple of years. Just to get the story started.