Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Johnny's Reaction

I stared down at the test. So far three minutes had passed.

I could hear the guys outside the door. They both had to be pacing because I could hear different patterns going on.

"Come on, come on," Emily whispered.

She hadn't told me what she want before...

"Em?" I asked. "Hmm?" She said jumping up and down.

"Do you want a baby?" I asked. She stopped her jumping.

"I don't know... Maybe? If Johnny wants one," she said slowly. "But do you?" I asked.

"I just don't want a kid bringing Johnny down. They still go on tour, and a rock concert is nowhere safe for a baby," she said. I nodded.

"So?" I asked. "I do want one, I've always wanted one. Especially if it's Johnny's," she whispered.

I could hear muffled yelling, and my attention was drawn back to the guys.

"Let's listen to them," Emily said happily. I nodded.

We both ran over to the door, pressing our ears against the wooden door.

"Dude, she could be pregnant," a hushed voice said.

Zacky, I thought.

"Yeah, that's so weird." Johnny.

Why would that be weird?

"No, not weird, terrible! It'd be that guy's kid! Emma shouldn't be pregnant with his kid," Zacky said. "Why not? They are boyfriend and girlfriend." "Dude, he's horrible." "No, he's not. He's kind of cool," Johnny said.

I could hear Zacky growl loudly and I nearly laughed.

"No, he's terrible. I don't like how he was yelling at her yesterday. She shouldn't be with someone that'll yell at her and make her cry. She should be with someone that'll make her feel good, someone that'll treat her like the goddess she is!" Zacky said.

"So what you're really saying is that you like Emma?" Johnny asked slowly. "No, of course not!" Zacky yelled.

I sighed deeply.

That was most definitely a good thing.

Or was it? Why was there a frown on my face? Why could I feel disappointment in the pit of my stomach?

I shook my head.

I couldn't feel this way. No, not again. Not the feeling of disappointment as I thought Zacky felt nothing for me. No, I couldn't. I shouldn't.

"Emma, let's look at the test," Emily whispered. I nodded, standing up.

I looked at the test on the counter. It was so much more than a stick with pee on it now.

It could change all of our lives. Emily and Johnny could possibly be parents now. I would be an aunt. My heart was beating fast, and I didn't know if I was moving or not.

"You look at it first," Emily said. "I don't wanna," I said. "I can't possibly go look at it," she said.

I could feel her tugging at my shirt.

I slowly walked over to the counter. I knew that to look for. The plus meant she was pregnant, and the minus meant she wasn't pregnant.

I could feel my heart pounding through my chest.

My heart only pounded this hard only once before. That was when Zacky had woken up to me kissing him for the first time.

I had a smirk on my lips just thinking about it. I was so embarrassed and so young. I actually wasn't so different right now.

I was still self-conscious about what I did with those I was romantically involved with. I was still that unsure girl in high school.

My hand slowly reached out, and I grabbed onto the stick. My jaw dropped.

"Emily?" "Is it bad?" She asked. "That depends," I said. "Depends on what?" She asked. I could only shake my head.

Was she going to like these results?

"Emily, it depends if you want to be a mama or not," I said.

It was suddenly quiet.

"It depends if you want to see a little Johnny running up and down your stairs," I said. "Am I?" She asked.

"Emily, you have a little Johnny in your tummy," I said happily.

I had to cover my ears up for what came next. Emily was screaming. I dropped the test on the ground, and Emily was jumping up and down.

"Yes, yes, yes!" She screamed. I giggle lightly.

She was so happy. But then I frowned. What if Johnny didn't want a baby? I know he wouldn't leave Emily, he loved her too much to do that.

But would he want it? Was he gonna ask her to get an abortion? I shook in fear. I did not believe in abortions one bit.

"Emily, what are we gonna tell the guys?" I asked. "We can tell them that the test said no for you," she said smiling.

"And what are you gonna tell Johnny?" I asked. "I'll tell him later. I don't think now is really good timing," she said. I shook my head.

"Em, I think he should know now. It is his kid. Besides, what does he think about kids? Does he even want one?" I asked. Emily sighed.

"He... he doesn't like kids," Emily whispered. My eyes widened.

"You're not giving your kid up!" I nearly yelled. Emily shushed me.

"Of course not. I just want him to be a little more prepared." I shook my head.

"Honey, it's now or never," I said. She sighed. "Fine, now."

We slowly walked out of the bathroom. Both guys were staring at us, curiously.

"We heard screaming from Emily. Is that a good sign?" Johnny asked. I nodded.

"And what is good?" Zacky asked. I smiled.

I put a hand on my stomach, and Zacky and Johnny both frowned.

"Psh, I'm not pregnant!" I said happily. They both sighed heavily.

"Thank God!" Zacky said loudly.

"Besides, I hate kids," I said. "Me too," Johnny said. I felt like something was stuck in my throat.

That sentence probably didn't help Emily one bit. She was probably fighting with herself right now.

"But you would want one eventually, right?" I asked. Johnny nodded.

"I'm just not sure right now. I mean, it'd be great, but I'm not sure how I'd be able to deal with one. I'd be a terrible father," Johnny said laughing.

"You would! Emily takes care of you like you're a baby," Zacky said. Johnny looked offended.

"Hey, I cook!" He shouted. I smiled.

When was she going to say something?

"Babe?" Emily's voice squeaked. "Yeah?" Johnny asked. He walked up to her, and he looked at her closely. She smiled weakly at him.

"I'm sorry, Johnny." She whispered.

"What happened?" He asked.

He hugged her tightly, and I could hear her tears falling.

Oh no...

"Johnny, I'm pregnant," she whispered. It was quiet.

I saw Johnny's grip on Emily loosen up, and Emily pulled herself away from him. She was shaking her head over and over.

"I'm so sorry," she said. "Why are you sorry? Did you cheat on me?" He asked. "No, never!" She shouted.

She was holding onto his shirt now, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Then why are you sorry?" "Because you don't want kids," she said. I heard Johnny beginning to laugh.

It was soft at first, but it grew louder and louder.

What was he laughing about?

"Honey, you have nothing to be sorry about. You didn't get pregnant alone, I was there. I know how it happened. It was our decision to do it, and now we have a kid coming along," he said.

Emily shook her head.

"But you don't want one," she said. Johnny was quiet.

I could feel Zacky tugging on my shirt, but I didn't want to leave. I wanted to know what was going to happen to my sister. I wanted to make sure that Johnny was okay with this. I had to know.