Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Only When You Stop Being So Beautiful

I sighed in content as I hugged my boyfriend's arm. He looked down at me, giving me a dazzling smile.

"Quit smiling," I teased. "Why?"

"'Cause some of us are trying to be mad at you," I said. "Well, you don't seem mad," he said grabbing my hand.

I watched as he laced his fingers around my own.

"Maybe if you weren't so entranced by me, it'd be easier on yourself." He said. I stared up at him.

His gorgeous blue eyes calmed me down a bit. I smiled at him, as I ruffled up his brown hair.

"Quit making me happy," I said. "Only when you stop being so beautiful," he said grabbing my hair, causing me to stop ruffling his locks.

We locked eyes, as I could barely control my breathing.

He leaned in, giving me a kiss. I finally found my breath, as I kissed back softly. He placed his hand in back of my neck, bringing me closer to him.

I slowly pulled away. He let out a growl.

"We're in a cab, Charles." I reminded him. He rolled his eyes.

"Tell me why we're going to a hotel, when your sister has a house here." He said gruffly. His deep voice was suave, and it was the reason I had decided to date him.

I smiled.

"Because she lives with her boyfriend. I don't want to interrupt them," I said. "We won't. We'll just stay in our room," he said smirking. I blushed.

"No, we're not. We're here to visit her." I said. He nodded.

"And why did I have to come?" He asked. "Because she wanted to meet you," I said looking out of the car window.

"You mean, she wanted to approve of me." He corrected me.

"Exactly." "But what if she doesn't like me?" He asked. I smiled at him.

"You sound adorable," I said smiling still. "So does that mean she won't like me?" He asked worried. I shook my head.

"She'll love you," I said. He shrugged.

"Hopefully," he mumbled.

The cab stopped, and I paid the driver. I walked out of the cab, to see him carrying all the luggage.

"Let's get going, babe." He said. I rolled my eyes.

What was I going to do with him?

I quickly dialed Emily's home number. I could hear Charles putting the luggage down.

"Hello?" "Em, it's me!" I said excitedly. "Oh my god, are you here yet? I'll go to the airport," she said.

"No, I already left." I said. "So when you getting here?" "I told you, I'm not going over to your place. Charles and I got a hotel room," I said sighing.

In just the nick of time, I could feel Charles behind me.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"Charles," Emily said irritated. "Hey, don't make fun of him. At least he's tall," I said. "Hey, Johnny is very sensitive!" Emily shouted. I laughed.

"I would too if my girl was just as tall as me," I said. "I am not. I'm four inches shorter than him," Emily said. "Well, I'm a ten inches shorter than Charles," I said teasing.

"Whoa, he's probably as tall as Jimmy!" "Maybe. Anyways, I'll be over tomorrow." I said. "'Kay, bye!"

I hung up the phone and then turned to face Charles.

"Already making her love me?" He asked smirking. I nodded.

Charles bent down, giving me a kiss. I smirked as he lifted me onto his waist. I wrapped my legs around his waist, deepening the kiss.

I grabbed his face with my hands, as he began walking. He broke from the kiss.

"I'm not gonna be sleeping tonight, am I?" He asked. "Hell no," I said smirking.

"Good," he said taking off his shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaah, I think people are gonna hate me for this chapter. But hey, it had to be done.