Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Junk Food Kiss

Zacky and I were both laying down on the bed, eating to our hearts content. Of course, I was the one eating the most. I was eating every bit we bought.

There were Goobers, Snickers, Rocky Roads, Lays, Cheeto's, Frito's, soda, fruity drinks, and a hell of a lot of ice cream.

I was snacking on a Snickers at the moment, while Zacky was complaining.

"I'm gonna get fat because of you," he murmured. I smiled.

"You can always lose weight, Zacky. Besides, I'll get fat with you," I said.

He chuckled.

"You never seem to get fat with whatever you eat," he grumbled. "It's called a fast metabolism, honey." I said.

He grumbled some more.

"At least you can lose weight quickly. Most girls try for months just to lose a pound, while you can lose them faster than a heartbeat." I said.

"That's only because I have to eat crap to lose it," he mumbled. I smiled.

"Besides, I like your body how it is," I said taking another bite.

Zacky sat up. He almost looked offended.

"Are you checking me out?" He asked playfully. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, you and your hot body," I said chuckling.

He laughed along with me.

"So what do you wanna do after you've eaten this all up?" He asked. "I'm not sure. Probably just stay in bed all day long," I whispered.

"Not healthy. Even you're gonna manage to gain some weight."

"Doesn't matter."

"Why not?" He asked. "I don't have anyone I'd like to impress anyways. What's the point of having a nice body, if no one is gonna look?"

Zacky just laughed some more at me. It almost hurt me, almost.

"What's so funny?" I asked. "Nothing, just the fact that you think you need to impress anyone. You could be three-hundred pounds, and you'd still be one of the prettiest girls around," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Zacky, that wasn't very original." I said. He shrugged.

"It's still true," he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes again.

He was only trying to make me feel better. I knew my looks, and I wasn't “one of the prettiest girls around”.

Zacky laid back down, and he sighed loudly.

I munched on some chips, while I watched his stomach rise and fall.

Zacky had always been pudgy, but it was always part of his charm. He wasn't fat, and he wasn't too thin. He didn't need to be overly muscular like Matt either. He was big and strong just like this, and I liked it.

Besides, I always liked the feeling of his big arms being able to protect me from anything. He might not be as strong as Brian or Matt, but he always felt like the most protecting. Like he could protect me from an angry bull, if he had to.

I laid down next to Zacky, and I stared at his face.

His eyes were closed, and I couldn't see his beautiful eyes. For once, I had to look at the rest of his face. His eyes usually demanded my attention, but they were closed.

My attention was drawn to his lips. He no longer had his old snakebites on his lips, but his lips still looked as plump and soft as ever.

His skin was pale, and it looked almost like ice compared to my tan skin.

Before I knew exactly what I was doing, I felt Zacky's warm lips on mine.

The softness, the heat, it was all so nice.

I couldn't feel how Zacky was reacting, but I was going crazy. I pushed my lips even harder on his.

All good things must come to an end, though.

Zacky pushed me off of him.

He was staring at me wide-eyed. He looked angry, and I was afraid.

I wasn't ashamed of what I had just done. I would do it over again and again, if I had the chance.

"Why'd you do it, Emma?" He asked.

I just laid there next to him. I didn't want to answer him. This scenario almost seemed too familiar.

This was almost like our first kiss, except I wasn't forced to kiss him and Johnny and Emily weren't waiting for a happy make-out session between Zacky and I.

"Tell me why you did it, Emma." He said.

He was now standing up, and I stayed where I was.

I didn't know why I kissed him, I just did. I was happy that I did too. It felt so good. It didn't feel right, but it did feel good.

"Emma, you're not suppose to just start kissing your friends," Zacky said.

I shrugged.

"I did what I did, Zacky. I'm not saying sorry, and I'm not taking it back."

He sighed deeply.

"Emma, we're friends, and that's all we're ever gonna be. I don't care how good that kiss felt," he said.

"I never said it felt good, Zacky." I said.

I had a smirk on my face, but it soon washed away.

He was right.

Friends aren't suppose to kiss each other like that. We were suppose to comfort one another but not romantically.

I was suppose to getting over Charles, but not like this. I was suppose to run after Charles because he was worth it all.

I was suppose to be mourning over my dead mom. I wasn't suppose to be kissing Zacky, let alone any man at the moment.

"Emma, I know it felt good. I was the other person involved in that kiss. Despite, how it felt, we shouldn't be doing this." Zacky said.

"You're right."

Zacky paused.

"I'm right?" I nodded.

"We shouldn't be doing this at all. I'm just so messed up right now; I just pushed myself on you." I said.

"So no more kissing?" He asked. I nodded.

"Lucky for me, I just so happened to kiss you. Any other guy might've taken advantage of me," I said smiling.

Of course Zacky wouldn't have taken advantage of me. I was just his friend, nothing more and nothing less.

If he wanted sex, he could just go pick up any amount of groupies that would be more than happy to have sex with him.

I was the last girl on his list to do that with.