Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Going to Emma's

I woke up to Charles tightening his grip on my waist. I smiled, looking at him.

His short brown hair was poking every which way. His toned stomach was in my perfect view.

I unraveled his arm around my waist.

My sister's words were wrapped around my thoughts.

Why couldn't she just be happy for me? Why was she testing Charles? Why was she testing me? I knew who was good for me and who wasn't.

I knew what she was trying to do. Hell, even what Brian was trying to do.

I hadn't seen Zacky for years. I had successfully avoided him completely. I visited Emily twice, here in California.

Once, I managed to avoid all of the guys. The next time, I only avoided Zacky.

I had seen Zacky enough. I saw his face on posters, magazines, and on the Internet. I didn't need to see it, when I was visiting my sister.

Even with Brian and Emily on my back, I didn't want to see Zacky. I couldn't, even after all this time, forgive him.

I knew he no longer wanted a romantic relationship with me anymore, but that didn't matter.

As long as he still wanted contact with me, I didn't.

I heard Charles waking up, so I rushed to the bathroom. Might as well take my shower now.

I locked the door, and I turned on the shower.

I quickly wrapped a towel around my body.

I opened the bathroom door, letting the hot steam flow out. Charles was laying on the bed, waiting for me. I smiled.

I walked over to him, giving him a kiss.

"Babe, as much as I'm enjoy the kiss and the view, I gotta go." He said. I stared at him hard.

"Go where?" I asked. "To the bathroom. You locked the door," he said getting up. He ran to the bathroom as I laughed at him.

I quickly got dressed as I heard Charles turn the shower back on. I was applying some eyeliner as the phone went off.

"Hello?" I asked. No answer. "Anyone there?" Again, no one answered. "Whatever," I mumbled, hanging up.

The bathroom door opened, and I felt the immediate change in the temperature of the room.

I smirked, seeing Charles walking around. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist as he dug through his luggage.

"You have no idea how good this view is," I said. "I can guess, considering how hard your staring." He said laughing.

I nodded. I was most definitely staring.

I sighed as we exited the cab.

"C'mon, it can't be that bad." Charles said smiling. I nodded.

How bad would it be? Surely, it was only Emma. I was hoping it was only Emma. I hope she realized I didn't want my new boyfriend meeting all of my old friends.

Especially since Charles was a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan.

I quickly shook my head as I walked up to the front door. I knocked on it, hearing the wooden door echo the knock throughout the house. The door flew open within seconds.

"Emma!" I heard as someone tackled me down to the ground.

"Hello, Emily." I said laughing. She hadn't changed.

She got up quickly, dusting herself off. She eyed

Charles, before walking away into the house.

"Nice," Charles said giving me a hand. I laughed as I dusted myself off.

Emily had just looked at him and walked off. I sighed deeply.

She didn't like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing too special about this chapter. I think I was in a bad mood, when I wrote this one. That explains why it's so short. Bleh.