Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Telling Val

I slowly followed Matt as he made his way over to Val. She was happily talking to Zacky about something.

"Babe?" Matt asked. "Yeah, honey?" She said.

God, it killed me how sweet she was. I secretly wished that she had been a bad girlfriend, person.

That would've made it so much easier to do this. Matt and I could've had a better reason or explanation other than we were both too drunk to say no to each other.

"Emma and I need to ask you something. Could you come with us outside?" Matt said. Val nodded happily, almost like she was thinking it was something a lot more happier. Like she thought she knew what we were talking about.

How she was wrong...

We all went outside to the backyard. There were chairs set, but Val was the only one who sat down.

She eyed us suspiciously, but she didn't seem to suspicious.

"So I hope we're thinking about the same thing," she said slowly.

Matt and I didn't say anything.

How were we suppose to start out? Should we just say it straight out? Who should say it? Matt? Me? Should it be me because I wasn't as close to her? Or would Matt be the better choice since he was her boyfriend?

"Because I was talking to Zacky, and he told me something very interesting." Val continued. I didn't even flinch at the thought of what he could've told her.

He probably told her about the kiss.

"Apparently, our little Emma kissed Zacky!" Val said happily.

Matt and I still didn't say anything. I knew Zacky had to tell someone, so why not Val?

She was the mother of the group, the most trustworthy.

"So I was thinking... Why not set Zacky and Emma up again?" Val said happily. She was clapping her hands together, but Matt and I stayed silent.

"You know, you two aren't very enthusiastic about my idea. Especially you, Matt. I mean, all of us were planning on trying to get them back together, but you don't seem happy about this at all." Val said.

"Val, we didn't bring you here to talk about Zacky and Emma. It's great that they kissed, but we have something important to tell you," Matt said.

"Tell me what?"

"Val, we did something the night we got drunk," I said softly. Val's face became one full of confusion.

"Emma, I'll tell her the rest." Matt said.

I didn't object. If he wanted to tell her, I wasn't going to stop him.

"Val, we were both drunk, too drunk. We both got a cab, and we went back to the hotel I got. Well, Emma and I ended up... sleeping together." Matt said.

His voice was rough and nervous.

Val didn't say anything for the longest time. She looked like she was trying to decipher what Matt had said, like it was something cryptic.

"Why?" She asked slowly.

"Val, we didn't mean to." I said. She shook her head slowly.

"This isn't happening. Quit playing guys, this isn't funny." She said. "Val, we're not joking. It happened," I said. "No," she shouted.

She got up from her chair. She walked right up to Matt, and she glared at him.

"I don't want to hear it from her. You tell me why, Matt. I've loved you for so long, and this is how you show your love to me!" She yelled. Matt looked helpless.

"Babe, we didn't mean to. It just happened," he said. She scoffed loudly. "Don't call me 'babe', and people's dicks don't just happen to go into girls, Matt!" She screamed.

"Val, if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at me." I said.

She shook her head.

"Shut up, Emma. This is between Matt and I. I'll get to you later," she said. I quickly closed my mouth.

She was almost as scary as the hormonal Emily.

"Val, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I've never thought of Emma like that. Hell, she's like my little sister. I feel disgusted at what I did to her. I love you, and I'm sorry that I did that. I just want to forget about that night. I just want you," Matt said.

Val was quiet. I wanted her to forgive Matt. I wanted her to see that this isn't what any of us wanted. I wanted her to just hug him, to say something to him that indicated she was forgiving him.

"Matt, I think we need to go on a break."

No, she was suppose to forgive him. She wasn't suppose to say that. She was suppose to kiss him and tell him everything was fine.

This was not happening, it couldn't be happening.

"We don't need a break. I just want everything to be right between us," Matt said. Val shook her head.

"Matt, we do need a break. You slept with Emma for fuck's sake. I think you're bored with me," Val said.

"I'm not bored with you, Val. I could never get bored with you, you're perfect." Matt said.

"Matt, I think we should see other people. We've been together too long. We have no clue how it feels to be with another person. Maybe that's why you slept with her. Maybe you need to experiment with other girls."

"I don't want other girls. I want you, Val."

"Matt, we're on a break for now. Go out with other girls," Val said.

Val walked by Matt, leaving him speechless. Val grabbed my hand, and she led me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my... I just broke up my favorite couple! No!