Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Happy

I woke up to the blinding sunlight making its way through my apartment windows. I never bothered to get curtains before, but I was seriously thinking about getting some now.

I grumbled as I stared down at my wrist.

There was a mark there, and there was dried blood all over my arm. I never managed to stop the bleeding last night, but the mark I made last night wasn't big enough for me to die, thank God.

I didn't want to get up. I just wanted to stay on the ground and think.

The only problem was that I didn't have anything to think about. I slept with Matt, causing the perfect couple to break up. I quit my job, and I didn't help any animals out, doing so. Then I nearly went suicidal last night.

Not to mention, that I wasn't exactly chipper, when I spoke to Zacky last night.

I was sure that I had nothing to do here anymore, in life.

I heard a knock at my door, and I got up slowly.

Who would actually come visit me? Especially since I was in Texas? No one that was the correct answer.

I bit down on my lip.

I was actually thinking that it could be Zacky. I didn't sound exactly happy last night, and he was one of my really close friends.

Would he actually come here, in Texas, for me?

I slowly made my way to the door.

I didn't even bother with looking through my peep hole. I just wanted to know who was beyond the door. I opened the door slowly, and I smiled softly.

It was April.

"Oh my god," she whispered.

Her eyes were locked on at my wrist, my arm drenched in dried blood.

"Hello, April." I said.

My voice was raspy and dry, like I hadn't drank anything in months. That's what it felt like anyways.

"Emma, what happened?" She asked.

She grabbed my wrist, and I winced in pain. It felt like a shot. Well, it felt like after effects of a shot.

April shot a glare at me, and it nearly scared me. Nearly.

I felt like a zombie, and nothing seemed to phase me at this point. She looked like she would hurt me, almost as much as she did to the guys.

"What have you done?" She spat out.

I shrugged slowly, and she scoffed. She threw her hands up into the air. She was practically fuming.

"I know you lost your mom and your job, but come on! You're not killing yourself!" She screamed. Again, I just shrugged.

She began to pull at her hair, and I just stared at her. It was like she actually cared for my well-being.

"Emma, you should think about the people that care about you! They don't want you doing this to yourself! I don't want you doing this to yourself," she yelled.

I wasn't exactly sure what to say to her.

"Emma, please promise you'll never do this to yourself ever again."

I opened my mouth, yet nothing came out. I wasn't sure of myself. Could I honestly promise that to her? I wasn't sure on my stability at this point.

I remembered that I used to laugh at people like my new self. How they were too weak, when in reality they had nothing to be sad about.

How they had so many that cared about them.

"April," I whispered. "Promise me," she repeated.

She grabbed my wrist again, causing pain to go down my spine. I was only happy that it wasn't strong.

"Emma, I love you. I don't want you doing this to yourself," she whispered.

I stayed silent as she slowly led me to my couch. She sat down next to me, and she pushed my hair behind my ear.

"Emma, you're so beautiful. You don't deserve this," she whispered.

I wasn't seriously listening to her words.

Well, not until I was shocked. Shocked by the fact that April had her lips on my own.

I wasn't sure what to do.

Should I sit through it? It would be rude to interfere. Wait, no it wouldn't.

Should I push her off of me? Should I shove her off of me? No, that would be a bit too rough on her. Should I kiss back?

No, that would send her the wrong message, so very wrong.

Before I could respond, April separated herself from me. She was staring at me, waiting for my reaction. I knew that I had a blank face on right now.

Now I was even more confused with my life at this point. I didn't love or need the kiss, but I wasn't disgusted with it.

It was, for some odd reason, slightly enjoyable. Her lips were soft, much softer than any man's lips I had ever kissed.

"Emma?" She asked slowly.

I sighed deeply, as I stared at her.

"I know that you're straight, but I've had these feeling bottled up for a while now," she said.

I touched my lips slowly. They were a bit warm.

"I just needed you to know that there are people in this world that love you. I love you," she said.

She slowly put a hand up to my cheek. I was still in shock at this point. I've never had a woman hit on me, let alone kiss me on the lips.

I didn't stop April as she kissed me again. I, even, closed my eyes.

I didn't know why, but I was just going to go along with it all. She was making me feel... happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, a third update today because VengeanceXChickX said it would make her day, and well I felt like I wanted to make it someone's day today. So why the hell not? Besides, I liked this chapter.