Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Stupid Again

"I don't know if I can tell you that, Zacky." I whispered.

He looked down at our hands that were still linked together. He sighed deeply, as he let go of my hands

"Emma, why would you do this to yourself?" He asked.

Could I really tell him the reasons? He didn't know that I was the sole reason why Matt and Val were no longer together. He probably would get angry at me for it.

"Zacky, I felt like shit. I just quit my job last night," I muttered.

I still wasn't sure if I should tell him about Matt and Val.

"A job is no reason to kill yourself. You can always get a better one," he said. "Zacky, the job was so depressing. It was like I was murdering ten dogs a day. It was something I couldn't do anymore without crying," I said.

"I know I'm not a therapist or anything smart, but I do know that there has to be more, Emma. I know you. You would quit, but you would be perfectly fine looking for another job," he said.

I cursed inside my head.

Zacky knew me far too well.

"Zacky."

"Emma, just spit it out. Once you tell me, everything will get better." He said. I scoffed loudly.

"Zacky, I've told Val and Brian. Brian doesn't talk to me anymore! Val doesn't want me around her! Nothing's going to get better, after I tell you." I muttered.

I almost felt like I was going insane.

"Emma, I don't know why they would do that to you, but I promise you that I will never ever leave you. I could never do that to you. I love you," he said.

He grabbed my hands again, and he squeezed them slightly.

"Zacky, I do want to tell you, but I don't at the same time." He stayed silent.

"I slept with Matt," I said slowly.

He quickly let go of my hands, and I felt my heart drop. His promise was already broke, wasn't it?

"Zacky," I urged.

He seemed to be in a daze.

"Emma, do you feel loved?" He asked.

It caught me off-guard, and I wasn't sure how to answer that. I had to think about it, before I could answer.

"No."

My mom had just died. My best friend wanted nothing to do with me. I still wasn't full able to get over my last boyfriend. I just toyed with a girl's heart a moment ago, yet I was still yearning for more.

I was suddenly surprised, when I felt the familiar feeling of Zacky's lips on my own. My eyes slowly closed shut, as I enjoyed the rush it was giving me. I could feel shivers going down my spine, and I moaned softly.

This feeling... It was so much better than when April was kissing me. This felt good, and it felt so right. It was even better than Charles's kisses. Well, what I remember of them. But this kiss...

Zacky pulled away, and I stared at him. He had a small grin on his face. I couldn't help back smile back at him.

I felt so satisfied, like I didn't need anything more than that one kiss. Like I could live a completely healthy and happy life off of that one small little kiss.

"Do you feel loved now?" He asked.

Reality hit me hard. He kissed me only to make me "feel loved"?

I groaned loudly, as I put my hands into my face. God, I was so stupid. Why did I believe, even for a second, that Zacky actually would want me back?

"Zacky, please don't toy with me. Don't mess with my feelings," I said.

This is exactly what I had done with April moments ago, and now I was feeling it. I felt terrible, like I was just some heap of trash he was interested in for a moment.

"Emma, I'm not messing with your feelings."

Zacky moved my hands from my face. His eyes were shining brilliantly. They were always the best feature he had.

I felt Zacky's lips on mine again.

I fought the urge to kiss him back, not to bring my hands up to his hair. My fighting didn't beat the urges. My arms went around his neck, and my right hand went into his soft black locks.

I felt Zacky wrap his arms around my waist, and the kiss was only becoming more and more heated.

I shoved my tongue inside his mouth, and I pushed myself on top of Zacky's body. I've never felt so good.

"Zacky, I said I'd-"

I got off of Zacky, and I looked at my door. Of course, I still forgot to close it. There was someone standing in the doorway, and he looked utterly disgusted maybe even surprised.

"Brian?" I said slowly. Brian groaned loudly, as he made his way over to us.

"Look, Zacky, she's fine. Now we can leave," Brian muttered. Brian didn't even bother trying to look at me anymore.

"Dude, she's not fine," Zacky said.

Brian scoffed loudly, but Zacky just rose up my wrist for Brian to see. I looked at the ground in embarrassment, not wanting to see Brian's initial reaction.

I was scared as I felt someone nearly tackle me.

The strong smell of alcohol and cologne reminded me of Brian. Brian, my best friend. The best friend that no longer wanted to talk to me, to see me.

"You're so stupid, Emma," Brian's voice said. It sounded hurt and sad.

"You're so stupid," he repeated over and over.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his body. It was Brian. I could feel his long hair brushing against my cheeks. I smiled softly. He was actually talking to me, hugging me.

"Brian," I whispered.

"Don't you ever... ever do this ever again," he said. He tightened his grip on me, and I tightened mine of his.

Zacky cleared his throat.

"Not that this isn't beautiful or anything, but Syn, you're crushing my legs," Zacky said. I giggled softly, and Brian let go of me.

Brian stood up, and he folded his arm.

"Look, I don't care what you want, but you're coming with us back to Huntington Beach," Brian said.

I smiled softly, and I nodded.

"Okay."

Brian had a shocked reaction on his face.

"I was expecting you to put up a fight, Emma," Brian said. I shrugged. "I wanna go home," I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter. It's kind of typical and sappy. Well, I hoped you guys liked it anyways.