Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Unexpected Stranger

I quickly ran outside of the airport, trying to suck up all the sunlight I could. The sunlight warmed my exposed skin up.

I closed my eyes as I listened to the calming wind blow through my hair.

"This is nice," I whispered.

It really was. The sun, the wind, the smell. Everything was such a good thing. None of this was in my head anymore.

I was no longer thinking, imagining these smells and feelings. I was finally here again, back where the guys lived. Where I should live.

I frowned as I stared at the huge cart I was pushing. Maybe I should've brought the guys along with me.

I made them both go back here before me. I told them I had a couple of things to get done in Texas, before I came here.

I really did.

I had to talk to the manager of my apartment, and I had to tell him that I was moving. I had to make things right between April and I.

Well, that one didn't go so well. April threw her cell phone at me. Not to mention that she called the cops on me. I guess she was a lost cause now.

I sat down on my luggage.

The guys at least said they would pick me up here. I just kind of told them the wrong time, and now none of them were answering their phones.

So I was gonna have to wait a whole hour by myself.

I hummed a little of "Beast and the Harlot" to myself, while I toyed with my hair. The brown locks were boring.

I never dyed my hair, and I never seriously thought about doing it. But now, I was actually thinking about it.

My brown hair and eyes never let me stand out too much. I guess I looked kind of weird, when I stood next to my friends.

They were all out-going, and I must terribly bland next to them.

"Is that you, Emma?"

I looked up.

There was a girl staring at me. Her long black hair had electric blue streaks through it. She had vibrant gray eyes, and she was smiling wide at me.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

I never saw someone look so beautiful.

She was wearing a skin tight black dress and some black high heels. Her make-up wasn't caked on her face, but it was enough to accent what she already had.

This girl was absolutely beautiful.

"Emma, you're hurting my feelings!" She yelled.

She pulled me into a hug, and I felt my spine being crushed. The hug seemed so familiar yet very distant.

"Well, you're hurting my spine," I said slowly.

Really though, she was cutting off my oxygen supply.

She quickly let go of me.

"Sorry, love! I was just so happy to finally see you again!" She said happily.

She was jumping up and down, and I smiled. Well, she certainly had spirit.

"It's okay, but can you tell me who you are?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Well, that wouldn't be too much fun for me, now would it?" She asked. I shrugged.

I had no clue what this chick had floating in her mind.

"Ooh, I can give you hints on who I am, and then you'll be able to find out who I am!" She shouted. I nodded.

I might as well, right? I mean, I am waiting for the guys. So a little guessing game never hurt anyone.

"Okay, well we haven't seen each other in years," she said. I shrugged.

I hadn't seen a lot of people in years.

"Ummm... I had short red hair, when we knew each other," she said. I shrugged again.

Nothing was really coming to mind. I guess I just had a really bad memory.

"Damn it all to hell, Emma!" She screamed.

I smiled wide. I knew that temper!

"Clem!" I yelled. "Emma!" She yelled right back at me.

I gave her a tight hug, and she let out a squeal. God, I missed this girl so much. I hadn't seen her since I left her at the airport all those years ago!

We broke apart, just to have Clem hug me again.

"I've miss you, you damn bitch!" She shouted. I could only imagine how people were staring at me right now, but I could care less.

I had Clem all over again!

We broke apart, and Clem let out another squeal. I smiled at her. So she hadn't changed much. She was still as crazy as hell.

"What brings you back to California?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I just needed to spread my wings from my grandma. So I came back to my ol' hometown. What about you," she said happily.

"Eh, I can back to be with the guys." I said. She froze.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought up the guys around her.

"You're still friends with them?" She asked. I nodded.

"Oh, and what about Emily?" "Johnny got her knocked up. She's pretty small for eight and a half months though," I said.

Clem laughed a bit.

"So how are the rest of the guys?"

I shrugged.

"Brian's good. He's still dating Michelle. Matt's not so good, I can imagine. He and Val broke up a while back," I said. "What?! They were the best couple." Clem whined.

I smiled. I wondered if Val still wanted a break with Matt. I bet she regretted it a least a tiny bit.

"So you and Zacky are still dating?" She asked. I felt my face flush a bit.

"I'm not really sure with Zacky," I said slowly. Clem rolled her eyes.

"Well, did he ask you?" I shook my head. "Did you ask him?" I shook my head.

"So what are you so confused about?" "We made out," I whispered. Clem gasped.

"How long?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't time it!" I shouted. Clem giggled. "You're so cute!" She squealed.

She hugged me again, and I sighed.

Was the situation between Zacky and I this complicated? I couldn't exactly say that we were together all over again. We made out, but neither of us said anything about our relationship.

"Oh, and Emma?" Clem asked, breaking away from me.

"Yeah?" "Can I come with you? You know, to whoever's house."

I looked at her confused. She wanted to come with me.

"Sure, Clem."

"Oh, and can we let everyone else guess who I am? I wanna see if they at least can remember my face," Clem said. I rolled my eyes.

In my defense, she didn't look exactly the same, when she was in high school. She used to have short red hair, and she never really wore high heels back then. So her hair color and height were both different.

"So I'm not telling them that you're Clem?"

She shook her head.

"Nope, you can just tell them I'm your friend, Adriana that tagged along with you." She said happily.

"Weren't you headed somewhere?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nope, I was just gonna check into a random motel, but now I can just stay with you."

I shrugged. It might be fun to hang out with Clem again. I knew it was gonna be fun to see everyone else's facial expressions though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom! Clem's back! Yeah, I loved her way too much to not put her back in. Gosh.