Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Jimmy and Clem

I sighed deeply into Jimmy's chest.

We were both lying down on the couch, and I was on top of him. He was surprisingly comfy for a stick.

"Emma?" Jimmy asked. "Yeah, Jim Jam?" I asked. "I need a favor from you," he whispered.

I already knew what he was going to ask me, before he would even say it. Jimmy was so predictable at times.

"Emma, I really want..."

He didn't finish his sentence. He just stopped.

"Yeah, Jimmy?" I asked. I slowly got off from his chest, and I balanced myself on my elbow.

"Well, your friend... Adriana... She seems... She doesn't like me," Jimmy mumbled.

Okay, not what I was expecting, but at least it was better than I thought it was going to be.

"What do you mean, Jimbo? Everyone likes you. We love you," I said. He shrugged slightly.

Oddly enough, I knew exactly what he meant.

Clem didn't show any interest in Jimmy at all. She blatantly ignored him. She walks right pass him, like he's not even there. She'll completely ignore his statements directed to her.

"I'm sure Adriana just has to warm up to you," I said. I knew that was a lie. I shouldn't have said that to him.

Jimmy sighed, and he ran his right hand through his hair.

"Emma, I'd appreciate it, if you would cut the crap already." Jimmy said quickly. I was startled.

I've heard Jimmy get angry with people, but he's never ever talked to me like that before. I've never seen him yell or get too angry at any other girls either.

I felt myself shiver.

"Jimmy, I don't know what you're talking about." I said softly.

I slowly got off of the couch, and Jimmy stood up. His six foot three inches towered over me.

"Emma, I may act like it, but I'm not stupid. I know its Clem," he said.

I looked down on the ground. I never meant to say that he was stupid. It was just a small joke that Clem and I had. We didn't mean for anyone to get offended.

"Look, Emily. I know I treated her like shit, when we in high school. I just like to think that maybe friends would think that I can grow up. Maybe I'm finally done with my one night stands. Maybe I actually want a serious relationship, for once in my life," Jimmy said.

I wasn't sure what I was suppose to say to that.

"I don't see what that has to do with me."

I looked up.

So Clem was listening?

"It has everything to do with you," Jimmy said.

Okay, this was awkward for me now. I was stuck in the middle. Was I suppose to say something? Was I suppose to just walk away slowly?

"It has nothing to do with me, Jimmy. I dated you in high school because of a bet, a stupid bet. You dumped me, once the bet was fulfilled, and I'm okay with that." Clem said.

Okay, this was awkward for me, and I felt like backing Jimmy up.

He was quiet, and he looked really ashamed of himself. But then again, I was sort of on Clem's side with this one.

"Clem, I was stupid, when I was young." Jimmy said. "Don't even start this crap over again. You don't know me anymore, so don't hit on me. I might act the same, but I've grown up romantically, Jimmy."

Okay, this was really awkward for me now.

"I'm not trying to hit on you, Clem. I'm trying to be forgiven."

"You're forgiven. There, you happy?" Clem said quickly.

I already knew that Jimmy wouldn't be happy about that.

"No, I'm not. I'm not happy at all. I want you to really mean it," Jimmy said. "That's not gonna happen any time soon, so get over it." Clem said.

Okay, really what the hell was I still doing here? I should've run off by now!

I felt someone grab my right hand, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I looked over my shoulder. I sighed. It was just Zacky.

Zacky?

"What the hell are you still standing here for?" Zacky asked me. I shrugged. I wasn't sure.

"I'll take Emma away for now," Zacky said. Jimmy and Clem just glared our way. I felt shivers go down my spine.

I quickly grabbed onto Zacky's arm.

"Go fast," I whispered.

He grinned, and he started to walk. Of course, I followed him. I didn't want to be stuck with the rabid Clem and Jimmy any longer than I had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, some drama between Jimmy and Clem are starting up.