Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Charles' Surprise

I woke to another blissfully shining day. The curtains were open, and Charles was watching TV.

"Morning," I said happily. "Good morning, Emma." He said smiling at me.

I quickly got up, and I grabbed my clothes up from the ground.

"I'm gonna take a shower, kay?" I asked. He nodded.

I walked into the bathroom, locking the door again.

I was done with my shower, before I knew it. I walked out of the bathroom. Charles was nowhere to be found. I quickly walked around the room, seeing if he was hiding from me. I sighed.

Where'd he go?

I got changed quickly. I put on my old Avenged Sevenfold shirt and some black skinny jeans.

I tied my brown hair up in a loose ponytail, while I put loads of mascara and eyeliner on. I felt like showing off my eyes today.

The phone rang, and I ran over to answer it.

"Hello?" "Babe," Charles's voice rang through. I smiled.

"Where'd you go?" I asked softly. "I had an errand to run, but I'll be back later, okay? Love ya," he said. He hung up, before I could say anything more.

I shrugged, putting the phone back on the receiver.

So what was I going to do, while I was waiting for Charles? We both decided this would be our little day together, yet he ran off somewhere. To run an 'errand'.

What kind of errand could he do here? Everyone he knew was in Texas.

I shook my head.

Quit thinking bad thoughts, Emma.

I paced around the room, checking the time every now and then. Damn, it was still three.

What would he be doing here? At three o'clock?

There was absolutely nothing I could do right now, so I decided against my conscience to do something.

I called Brian.

"Hello?" "Brian, it's me." I said sighing.

"Emma?" "Yeah." "God, I've missed you. Are you coming to town soon? Please say yes," he begged. I grinned.

"Brian, I'm kind of already in town," I said softly. There was a sudden silence.

"Emma, I can't believe you." Brian muttered. "I'll visit you later, maybe tomorrow." I said. "I- No, tomorrow's good. We have a gig tonight," Brian said.

"So how is everyone?" I asked.

"You know, they're the same. Johnny's in love with your sister. Jimmy's the crazy drummer. Matt's still huge. Zacky's being Zacky, and I'm still hot." He said.

I could just imagine his smirk.

"Sure, sure, hot stuff." I said. "So how are you?" Brian asked. "I'm good. I brought my boyfriend, Charles with me." I said.

"You brought him?" Brian asked in disgust. "Be good, he's a nice guy." I said.

"Zacky's a nice guy." I rolled my eyes.

Somehow, we managed to get back to this subject.

"I know he is. Well, I better go Brian, before you try anything else." I said. "See ya later, Emma." Brian said. I hung up the phone.

What next?

I sighed. Might as well take a nap, right?

I closed my eyes as I fell on the soft bed.

"Emma, wake up."

"Charles?" "Yeah, time to get up." His voice said.

His deep booming voice was so very comforting as I sat up slowly.

Charles was dressed in an Avenged Sevenfold shirt and some ripped jeans.

"You look like me," I mumbled.

He nodded.

"Emma, go fix your make-up, we're going somewhere special tonight." He said smiling. I nodded as I headed to the bathroom.

"Do I need to dress up?" I called from the bathroom.

"No, you look perfect in that outfit." He said. I smiled as I washed my face.

I quickly applied mascara and eyeliner back on my face. I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Do I look good?" I asked. "Of course, you always look good." He said kissing my forehead.

"I love you, Emma." He said.

My eyes widened.

He's never said that before. Hell, I haven't said those words yet!

I smiled weakly at him as he stared down at me.

"I care a lot about you," I said. I hoped it would work for him.

"Let's go," he said grabbing my hand.

Good.

He led me to a rental car. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure I don't need to get changed?" I asked. "I'm sure," he said grinning.

I got into the car, waiting for him to start the car.

"Here," he said tossing me some stuff. It was a piece of cloth and his iPod.

"What do I do with them?" I asked. "Put the earplugs in and turn on the longest and loudest song you know. Then tie the blindfold on," he said grinning.

I rolled my eyes as I complied. I had no trouble finding a loud song, his iPod was filled with them.

I just decided to listen to Bullet, they had tons of loud songs. I tied the blindfold on myself, as I heard the car start.

After listening to a couple of songs, I felt someone tap me. An earplug was ripped out of my ear.

"Ow," I muttered. "Sorry, but we're here. You can take that all off," his voice boomed.

I smiled.

As I took off the earplugs, I could hear lots of people talking.

"I can't believe we're finally gonna get to see them!" A girl shrieked. "I know, they are so fucking hot. God, I just wanna lick them." Another shouted.

I've only heard girls talk like that once before, and that was a My Chemical Romance concert.

"Where are we, Charles?" I asked curiously. "You'll see," he said slyly.

We got out of the car as I saw lots of people walking to one destination, the stadium. I looked at the people. They were all wearing Avenged Sevenfold t-shirts. I put two and two together.

"We're at an Avenged Sevenfold concert?!" I yelled. Charles nodded.

"Since we both like them, I got tickets. You'll finally get to see them in the flesh!" Charles said grinning.

I've already seen them all up close, and I wasn't sure I wanted to see them all again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Charles just did something potentially bad for himself! Yay...? So I'll be waiting for a comment, so I can post the next chapter.