Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Little Baby

I was jumping for joy.

Emily finally popped the baby out after two hours of labor. I could tell that she was tired because I could hear her yelling at Johnny.

Then again, she yelled at Johnny for lots of reasons.

Jimmy was hugging my arm.

"Did they pick a name yet?" He asked. I shrugged.

I wasn't sure. I didn't even know of any names they would even think of. I wasn't even sure on the sex of the baby yet!

"Jimmy, I don't even know if it's a girl or a boy yet," I said harshly. Jimmy whined.

"I just wanna know!" Jimmy yelled.

And as if on cue, a nurse appeared.

She gave us a warm smile.

"You'll be able to come in now," she said.

We all jumped up at the thought, and we followed her to Emily's room.

Emily's blonde hair was damp, and it was sticking to her forehead. It wasn't her most appealing look, but Johnny couldn't stop looking at her.

He had a huge grin on his face, and it nearly made me melt.

That's how I wanted to be looked at. I wanted someone to look at me, despite however I looked like. Despite however I was looking at them. Despite if I looked like shit.

Johnny kissed Emily's forehead, and I could see him whisper something into her ear.

Emily giggled, and she playfully pushed Johnny away from her.

"Emily!" Michelle said loudly.

Emily looked at us all, and she smiled.

"I'm a mommy," she said happily. I smiled at her. Of course that would be her first sentence to us.

"So what is it?" Jimmy asked quickly. I smiled. He was really impatient, wasn't he?

"It was a boy," Johnny said. The grin on his face said it all. He was happy.

I knew they were both hoping for a girl, but I guess them getting a boy didn't disappoint them at all.

"What's his name?" I asked softly.

I was expecting it to be something like Jonathan Jr., but of course these two were always surprising me.

"His name is Yancy," Emily said happily. She clapped her hands together, and I smiled.

Yancy... I liked it.

"So when are you two taking him home?" I asked. Emily shrugged.

"We're waiting for the doctors to tell us. They sort of just took him out of the room once he was out," Johnny said.

Now I was just a vet, but even to me that didn't sound right. I didn't want to worry Johnny or Emily, so I didn't say anything about it. They were happy for now, and that's how I liked them to be.

A doctor walked in, and I sucked in a huge breath of air. I was worried, to tell you the truth.

"Little Yancy can go home once Emily's all rested," she said.

I sighed. Everything was just fine. Good.

Emily was smiling.

"Thank you, doctor." Johnny said.

He almost sounded like a man. I know how evil it was to think that, but Johnny was usually acting like a child himself. But right then and there, he was a man.

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Seward. It's what I do. Now I hope you two have more kids because your son is absolutely adorable." The doctor said smiling.

I guess that's why the doctor was in the field she was in. She must love babies a whole lot.

"Don't worry, we'll be making some more." Johnny said winking at Emily. Emily playfully hit Johnny on his arm, while the rest of us shuddered in disgust.

I did not need that image stuck in my head at all.

The doctor walked out of the room.

I stared at Johnny and Emily.

Why could their love be so pure? Why could they love each other so openly, no regrets holding them back?