Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Wasn't it?

The whole house was buzzing with laughter. Whether it was from how cute the baby was or to Johnny boasting how great he was.

I was sitting there, alone.

I couldn't think of what to do. I wanted to hold my new nephew, but I knew Emily or Johnny wouldn't want to let him go. They were timing each other's time with little Yancy.

That was adorable.

I wonder if they would fight the same way, once Yancy put a surprise for them in his diaper.

Now there were other things to do.

I could've joined Val and Brad's conversation. They both seemed to be separating themselves from everyone else.

I could've went and talked to Matt.

He was in a corner, glaring at Brad. I could see his lips moving, so I think he was calling Brad every name he knew.

I could've joined Jimmy and Brian on teasing Johnny.

I could've done any of these things, but I didn't get a choice in what I was about to do.

Well, it wasn't really about what I did. It was about what I saw, and what I saw, I didn't like.

My nails were fairly long, and I was digging them into my legs. The pain did nothing for me, as I kept my eyes on them. They were pressed so closely, and her hands were in his hair.

I bit on my bottom lip next, trying my best to make myself look away from them. His hands were on her waist, bringing her even closer to him.

I brought my left hand to my arm, and I began digging my nails into the skin. I was trying my best to get myself to stand up, so I could walk away.

So why wasn't my body responding to the pain? It was almost like I couldn't feel it at all.

"Stop."

I looked up.

Of course, it had to be him.

"Stop what?" I asked.

I kept my nails in my skin, but I stopped biting my lip.

"Emma, you had your chance."

I dug my nails even deeper.

"I know," I whispered.

I looked back at them.

"Who is she?" I asked softly. "Gena it was his girlfriend for a year or two, while you were away." Brian said.

I sighed.

"I was away for a long time," I whispered.

"Yes, you have. Gena's been trying to get Zacky back for a long time too," Brian said.

I let my right hand go to my left arm, just to dig those nails into more skin.

"She's very persuasive. I remember, when she was asking him to take her back. Zacky just flat out rejected her. It was a week ago, you know? He said he had the most beautiful girl coming to California," Brian said.

I dug the nails in even more.

"She told him that the girl would just play him. She said that the girl wouldn't love him like she loved him." Brian said.

I glared hard at the girl. I watched as Zacky's hands went up her shirt.

"I guess she was right," Brian said. He stood up.

"Emma, I hope you're not hurting yourself too bad right now," he said. Brian grabbed my hands, and he kissed them both.

"Don't ever do that again or I'll personally cut your nails for you," Brian said smirking. I smiled softly at him.

Brian walked away, and I looked down at my arms. I frowned. There was a little blood seeping out.

I stood up. I wasn't going to break Zacky and her up. No.

The girl was right.

She, obviously, loved Zacky. There was no doubt in my mind that I loved Zacky, but I knew I could never be as bold as she was. I could never do what she was doing right now.

And that's what Zacky wanted, wasn't it?