Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Gonna Want Him So Bad

I groaned as I felt sun hit my eyelids.

Who was opening the damn curtains?

I opened my eyes, and Val was the culprit. Clem and Michelle were both sleeping happily next to each other on the bed.

"Val?" I asked hoarsely.

I guess I still had my morning voice for now.

She looked at me, and she smiled softly at me.

"Sorry, if I woke you up." She said quietly.

I shook my head slowly, and I rubbed my eyes with my hands.

"Don't worry about it. I need to wake up earlier from now on," I said. She sighed deeply.

Was that a cue for me to ask what was wrong with her?

"What's wrong, Val?" I asked quietly. "I'm not sure," she answered. "Does it have anything to do with Brad?" I asked.

She nodded slowly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Then what's the problem," I asked slowly. "He's... He's exactly like Matt. I mean, he's around his height, around his built, and he has a lip ring!" Val said loudly.

Luckily, Michelle and Clem were deep sleepers.

"He's exactly like Matt?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"No."

"How is he different from Matt?"

"He just is. He doesn't do the little sweet things Matt would do for me. He doesn't open doors for me. He doesn't make me breakfast in bed. He doesn't sing me to sleep, at night." Val said.

"So why don't you dump Brad?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I did actually, just last night. I did it on the phone." She said. "The phone isn't the best way to do that, Val." I said.

She shrugged.

"He just reminds me way too much off Matt."

"So what you're saying is that you want Matt back, right?" I asked slowly.

She nodded.

"Desperately."

"Well, Matt obviously isn't over you. You can have Matt in a flash," I said smiling. "I can't do that," she whispered.

"Why not? Matt's in love with you. Once you tell him that you broke up with Brad, he'll take you back in seconds."

"That's the problem. Matt didn't date anyone this whole time, while we weren’t together. As far as I know, he hasn't even kissed another girl." Val said.

"You do know that other girls would love to know that their man hasn’t kissed another girl, right?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"I just want him to know that there are other girls. Other girls that would kill to be with him," she said.

And that's when a little light bulb went off in my head.

"I know exactly what to do. You just mentally prepare yourself to get back with Mattie boy," I said.

She shrugged.

"I don't know."

"Trust me, Val." I said.

"Fine." She muttered.

"The next time you see Matt, you're gonna want him so bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring like I said, so I didn't really wait too much time to post it up. Too bad for you guys 'cause the next chapter is pretty damn short yet again. Comment?