Status: Sequel is out! :D

Second Heartbeat

Blush For Me

“Time to go show you off to the other guys,” Clem shouted.

I shrugged.

I might as well. The girls were going to force me to do so, even if I didn’t want to.

I slowly walked out of Emily’s room, and I could already hear the guys laughing and talking.

“Guys, the girls are ready!” Michelle shouted.

I winced.

Now they were expecting something great… Great.

I could hear the guys go completely quiet, and then I heard lots of whispering.

I sighed deeply, before one of the girls pushed me forward, almost causing me to fall over.

It was the damn heels fault too. Well, I wasn’t exactly the most coordinated person either though.

I looked up, and all the guys were staring at me wide eyed. Jimmy even went as far to have his mouth hanging open.

“Hell, if you weren’t taken, I’d take you.” Brian mumbled.

I could practically feel Michelle glaring at Brian now. He needed to think, before he let anything come out of his mouth from now on.

I didn’t want a murdered best friend.

“Shit, Emma, you’re fucking hot!” Jimmy yelled.

He ran over to me, and he gave me a big hug.

“Thanks, Jim Jam.” I said.

I could feel that my cheeks were bright red already.

“Damn, you really wanted to have a flustered Zacky around you, didn’t you?” Matt said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes.

“I think you’re all exaggerating,” I mumbled.

And that little sentence led everyone to start shouting random words. I could hear Jimmy’s voice the most though.

“Fuck no, you’re sexy as hell!” “Emma, don’t lie to yourself.” "I'd fuck ya."

They were screaming things like that out, and I honestly didn't want to know who said the last sentence.

I rolled my eyes.

“So who’s taking the sexy lady to her man?” Matt asked.

Everyone looked at each other.

“I think we all know who’s gonna be most helpful,” Val said.

Everyone turned to Clem, who had a big smile on her face.

“Yes, I get to go,” she said happily. “And as the best friend, I’m going too.” Brian said.

“Let’s take Emily first though,” Michelle said. “Hell yes, let’s all go.” Jimmy shouted.

Everyone nodded.

So we all packed ourselves into the multiple cars, and we all made our way to a very fancy French restaurant.

The lights in the place were dimmed down, and I could tell that some candles were lit.

We all stepped out of the cars, and I could hear Emily squealing with delight. She already loved all of this, didn’t she?

I walked up to her, and I had a smile on my face.

“Go in already, Johnny’s waiting.” I said.

She nodded.

“Don’t have sex all night. I don’t want to be an aunt yet, so make sure you guys use protection, okay?” She said.

I rolled my eyes.

I guess that was Emily for you though.

Emily left us all, and everyone turned towards me.

“Emma’s turn now,” Jimmy shouted.

Everyone piled back into the cars again.

This time was different though. I felt nervous, almost scared. I could feel the butterflies dancing in my stomach. I could feel my hands shaking.

What was happening? Whatever happened to the big party plan? Did it get thrown out of the window or something?

Because I didn’t like dressing up like this, it made me feel weird.

I felt someone grab my right hand, and I turned to look at them.

It was Clem. She had a warm smile on her face. She looked serious for once in her life.

“Remember to bend down in front of Zacky, so he can see the sexy thong,” she said.

Her smile never wavered.

Well I guess she wasn’t going to start being serious any time soon then. But I loved her for it.

“Ooh, and make you sure you “accidentally” grab onto his crotch,” Michelle said. “Not too hard though. It can be pretty damn painful,” Brian said.

Somehow I knew he was going to say something bad on his part.

I could practically feel Michelle’s glare pouring into Brian’s heart. Nice one, Brian. Way to go at making your girlfriend pissed off.

“Maybe pinch his ass a little,” Jimmy said. “Give him a little hickey on his neck, so we can all see later.” Matt said chuckling.

“Do a strip tease for him,” Clem said.

I really wasn’t sure if I should try to do these “little” things.

Would Zacky like it? Would I even be confident enough to do these things?

No, I knew the answer to the last question already.

I wasn’t confident enough to do a speech in front of elementary students! So there was no way in hell that I’d be able to do anything my friends were still yelling at me.

“We’re here!” Michelle and Clem yelled.

“Don’t get pregnant on us yet. I haven’t come up with any more baby names yet,” Val said. “So you two use protection,” Matt said winking.

“You never know how many STD's Zacky’s managed to get by now,” Jimmy said laughing loudly.

I rolled my eyes.

God, they were… so… my best friends ever.

I stepped out of the car, and I sighed deeply.

“Good lucky, Emma!” Clem shouted from the car. And with that, their cars took off, leaving me all alone in front of Zacky’s house.

I slowly made my way to Zacky’s front door.

I was right.

These damn boots were killing my feet right now.

I bet I looked like an idiot, trying to walk upright at the moment.

I finally made it to the door, and I rang the doorbell.

I sighed deeply, and I started to fidget with my feet.

The door slowly opened up, and I stared at the man in front of me.

Zacky had a Misfits t-shirt on. Of course it was sleeveless too. He had some faded black jeans on that were ripped at his knees.

It seemed like he wasn’t even trying to impress me, but of course he did. He always did.

I smiled softly at Zacky.

He looked… odd and I felt a little uncomfortable at this point.

His mouth was slightly open, and it almost seemed like he was trying to say something.

“Zacky, is everything alright?” I asked.

He didn’t answer me. I took a small step forward, trying to get closer to his body.

That was an incredibly stupid thing for me to do, wasn’t it?

I felt pain shoot up from my ankle to my thigh, and I felt my legs completely give out from under me.

My slow reflexes finally kicked in, and I grabbed onto something. It took me a while to notice, but my reflexes couldn’t of had kicked in at a worse time than right now.

My arms were wrapped around what I was assuming was Zacky’s ass. My face was… well, it was next to something very hard at the moment, and I knew it wasn’t his abs.

I guess I knew why wasn’t saying anything to me earlier then. I don’t know why, but I didn’t move an inch.

“Oh, God,” Zacky breathed out.

I felt something press harder against my face. Now was probably a good time to get up.

“Could you help me get up, Zacky?” I asked.

I felt Zacky’s cool hands unwrap my hands from his tush, and he put his hands on my waist.

In a matter of seconds, I was standing up against Zacky’s body.

I could feel his chest rising and falling. I was staring deep into Zacky’s eyes. His jade green eyes were staring at me so intently.

“You look beautiful,” Zacky said.

It was the very first time that I saw Zacky blush, and it made me weak in the knees.

He was, oh, so very adorable.

“You know what, that’s the first time I actually believe you, when you say that.” I said.

I watched as Zacky’s hand slowly went to my face.

“I love the necklace,” he said softly.

I smiled softly, as I felt my cheeks redden. I felt Zacky’s fingers lace into my own.

“I made dinner,” he said.

He had this grin on his face.

It was the grin that children had, when they woke up in the morning, and they realized it was their birthdays.

That was odd, considering I was the one whose birthday was today.

But still, the grin was adorable on his face.

I followed Zacky inside the house. I could smell the intoxicating smell of one of the best foods ever created, garlic bread.

But of course, there always had to be something to ruin it for me. This time it was the sharp pain my ankle was feeling right now.

But I couldn’t ruin this night. No, not because of my stupid feet couldn’t handle little heels like these.

Zacky sat me down at the table.

There were lit white candles on it, and everything just looked perfect.

“So what did my man make?” I asked happily. “Well, I’m Italian, so I made the only thing I can really make.” Zacky said.

“Anything’s fine with me,” I said.

“Good, because I ended up making spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread.” He said.

He was scratching his head, like he was nervous. It was like he almost expected me to not like what he made.

“Yum, I love spaghetti and garlic bread,” I said.

Zacky’s head shot up.

“Really?” he asked.

I nodded.

“So you weren’t expecting anything a bit fancier?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“No, I was expecting something like watching a movie under a blanket,” I said.

Zacky shrugged.

“I guess that we do that a lot,” he mumbled. “But it’s nice,” I said.

“I think I hear the timer going off. I’ll go get the food,” Zacky said.

I looked down at my hands. They were shaking a bit.

Why was I so damn nervous?

You would think that I would be completely relaxed around Zacky by now.

I heard a phone start ringing, and I immediately stood up. I knew where it was, and Zacky was busy.

I could answer it, right?

I reached the phone, but Zacky already answered it. He looked a little scared or maybe it was nervous.

“Emma, it’s for you,” he said.

I took the phone from his hand.

“Hello?” I asked. “Emma, it’s me,” Emily’s voice rang out.

“So what’s up, chica?” I asked.

“Johnny proposed!” She screamed.

I dropped the phone onto the ground.

What?
♠ ♠ ♠
There's Zacky's reaction for you guys. Did you like it? Oh, and Johnny finally proposed! Yay for him! Comment to let me know how to you felt about Zacky's reaction to Emma's reaction to Emily getting engaged!