Love in Strange Places

First Sight

"C'mon, Esme," Ashley told me. "You're coming to work with me and Rob!!"
"No way," I responded. I was not going along with her likely to be foolish plan. Whenever she's pulled a stunt like this, its ended up in tears- usually mine. "Why? I have a job of my own, remember?" Hopefully she'd forget my day at the studio was cancelled and I didn't have to go to work until tonight, where I had a live performance.
"Your studio day got cancelled, Gingey," I forgot to include Rob in my plans. Sometimes it was like he did have an infinite memory.
"It's settled then, Esme. You're coming with us," we all knew that they'd won. I didn't bother trying to fight it.

***

Whatever film these two were making, the place was huge. But then, I don't know what an average film lot size is.
"Go sit down over there," Ash told me, signalling right. "I'll be there in a sec." Translation: Go sit and I'll come in an hour when I'm done in make-up. I wasn't in the mood to argue, so I decided to go and sit down and listen to my iPod for a bit. Until I saw something very interesting...
"Jackson? Is that you?" I said without thinking. Of course it wasn't. He didn't have blond hair.
Without turning around, the Jackson-a-like said, "That can only be one person," they started. They even sounded like Jackson. "And I'm guessing they have orange hair and is called Essie Harris." HOLY CROW. It was Jackson! I hadn't seen him since my birthday... something I can't remember without wanting to scream.
"Uhh, Jackson. I haven't gone by the name 'Essie' since I was 16. You know that." I blushed. Something I did regularly. My naturally orange hair gave me almost translucent skin. Any rush of blood on my face was noticable.
"Okay, Gingey it is, then," he grinned. I usually treated being ginger as a blessing. When Rob and Jackson called me 'Gingey', I considered it could be a curse. I scowled at him before sitting down and turning on my iPod.
Thats when he walked over. I think I could've died. There was no way this person in front of me was a man, but an angel of pure beauty. He seemed to know Jackson. I couldn't help but stare. I wasn't aware of the conversation swiftly turning to me.
"So, you must be Esme," the stranger said to me.
"Erm...yeah," was my intelligent response. "Hi."
"She prefers Gingey!" Jackson butted in. I think I might've hit him in the gut by mistake.
"No I don't," I corrected him. "Jackson and Rob call me Gingey because... well, because they're twats, really." Mr. Nameless and I laughed at their expense.
"Well, I'm Kellan," he finally introduced himself. Ashley and Rob walked in. As much as I tried, I couldn't take my eyes of Kellan. And by the way it looked, he kept staring at me. Maybe I was paranoid. Heh. Wouldn't be the first time.
"Hey Gingey," Rob greeted me. "Hey Kellan, hey Jackson."
"Hiya guys!!" Ashley greeted somewhat over animatedly. "Uh, Jackson, Rob, we've got a scene to re-film, so lets go," she sounded...I don't know. I was suspicious.
"Wha-OWW!" Jackson screamed. "Oh, yeah. I remember. Well, See you two later. Nice seeing you again, Ginge. Bye."
"Yeah, bye," was Rob's response.
They walked a few feet ahead before they burst in to laughter. Like teenagers.
I turned to face Kellan, and he was looking at me. His face wasn't portraying any normal emotion... it was one of pure amazement and awe.
Ironically enough, the next song on my iPod was called Always Attract.
♠ ♠ ♠
Always Attract - You Me At Six: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYDjf8e77X0
The title is the same as the 1st Chapter of Twilight... it was fitting. :)
I hope this pleases you. Send suggestions to me if you have any. :)