My Summer Love Story

"Heck no!"

Buuzzzz Buuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzz Buuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzz!
"What the?"
I jumped up quickly and armed myself with my pillow. I held it in front of me as a weapon and then sleepily laughed at myself as I recognized my Katy Perrry ringtone.
"Oh!" I reached for my bedside table and flipped open my cell phone. The screen lit up and announced that I had six unread messages.
"Shoot."
I muttered and answered the call immediatley hearing my mothers irritated voice on the other side, it was to early to deal with this but I answered anyway.

"Jackie Marie! Do you know what time it is young lady? I have been waiting for you for over an hour!."
She continued to yell and I slowly drifted back to my bed and picked up my pillow on the way, flipping my phone shut mid sentence.
Good night I thought, Or wait, good morning? Whatever.

"Jacklyn!"
Again I woke to my mothers voice. I pushed my head further in my pillow and attempted to block out her high pitched voice.
"I know you are in there!"
She paused and then I heard footsteps leading away from my thick wooden door. I heard hushed voices and then heard another pair of footsteps.

"Mistress Jacklyn? Your Mother has requested I open the door."
I sighed and heard her heavy breathing and then the click of the key in the iron lock.
I looked up to see Maddie's timid face standing in the middle of my room. I pushed myself up.
"What does the witch want now."
She shuffled her feet.
"She would like to see you in her office in fifteen minutes." Maddie said with her eyes on the carpeted floor.
"Ugh, what more can she want from me?"
I asked the air.
"I dont, I dont know."
Maddie replied and I waved my hand,
"You can go, I can dress myself."

Five minutes later I stumbled down the long hallway and into the very last room in the corrider. I pushed open the door to find my mothers straight back, pursed lips and black hair pulled back into a tight bun. She could be a pencil, I snickered loudly at the thought.
"Jackie, we need to talk."
I sighed loudly and dropped to the floor, resting my chin in my hands. "yes?"
"I want you to stop."
"What? Stop what?"
She threw her hands in the air and glared at me.
"As if you dont know."
I cocked my head and raised my eyebrow.
"Jackie." She said trying to be calm. "I am sick of your I dont care attitude, you used to be such a good little girl, what happened?"
"I grew up mom."
She gave me a searing look and continued her rare parental lecture.
"You don't do anything you ask, you are never here, always at a friends or at someones party, always in another world texting someone."
I zoned out.
"Jackie?"
I jumped.
"Yea?"
"Are you listening?"
"'Course."
"Repeat the last thing I said."
I searched my memory. Nada. Oh well. Go for the sarcastic answer.
"Are you listening?" I asked hesitantly.
"Cell phone, Now!"
"But- But!"
She wiggled her manicured fingers and shoved her hand further in my face.
I kissed it and handed it over.
"Credit card."
I stared open mouthed at her.
"No mom! Anything but that!"
"Now! Jackie! And I have already taken your laptop."
I felt tears prick the corners of my green eyes."
"Oh, and before I forget."
She reached in the top drawer of her dark oak desk and grabbed what look like a... Pamphlet?
She stretched out her tanned arm and I read the bold title.
Camp OakTrees?
"Heck No!" I screamed and took off towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand new!! Somethings are the same but I tried to make it more real and with more feeling. Like it? Love it? Hate it? Comments are my friends people! <3