My Summer Love Story

Your Such an Animal

Cade's Pov

The cabin prank was done quickly and without any fault or screw up. Unless you count the time Ryan dropped a water balloon and had to crawl under one of the bunks because it didn't break. Which had made all of us guys shake with quiet laughter. The remains of toilet paper, shaving cream, and all of the necessities that we had brought along were shoved into backpacks and we made sure we didn't turn on any lights. Because nothing would be worse then one of the girls waking up in the middle of our prank.

Jackie's bunk looked empty but I didn't investigate because it could just be the darkness fooling me, or the fact that I wanted to go out and find her and beg her to think I was the prince I wanted to be. But I pushed it aside and finished the job.

'Mission accomplished' I thought as I looked around the now vandalized cabin. The other guys had gone ahead after taking a quick vote over who had to stay behind just in case the girls woke up. I lost. I opened the door slowly to stop the ancient squeaking and jumped when I heard a scream. I instinctively covered the mouth and swung the heavy door shut behind me wincing from using one arm. And wait, I recognized that scream.

"Jackie, it's me."
Her eyes lit up with recognition and I slowly pulled my hand away trusting her to be quiet.
"Cade?" Man, I love it when she says my name. Stop this! I said mentally slapping myself.
I put my hand back on her mouth to warn her and gave a barely audible 'shh' before pulling it back again.
"Sorry. What are you doing in my cabin in the middle of the night?" She asked curiously and then looked like she was thinking. "Oh, and where is Liz?"
Figures she was out looking for her.
"Pranking the new girls." I hesitated. "Which should of included you." I said in a teasing voice and nudged her. My heart thumped when she laughed.
"Oh and about Liz. She's pranking the new kids in my cabin. She'll probably be back-"
A new voice interrupted mine and I rolled my eyes at the familiarness of it.
"Jackie, what's wrong?" She asked her eyes full of concern.
Well I had to admit, she was a good friend but I thought fast about a cover for Jackie.
I gave a nod that only Jackie would see and replied, "Jackie was awake so the guys and I decided that she could help."
Olive shot a glare at Jackie that only I caught and I saw Jackie smile at me out of the corner of my eye.
A low groan grew from the girls and I recognized it as a groan of betrayal.
Olivia stepped up and aimed another glare at Jackie, "Cade, this is tradition! You can't let every girl you like in on it!"

Why because you wish we were back together? Jackie interrupted me before I could retort this though and looked at Olivia questioningly.
"What are you talking-" Crap.
I tapped her foot with mine and she quieted.
Shooting Olivia a fake smile, "Your right. Sorry Olive. But it's already done so I guess that's it." I said faking innocence with a shrug.
She glared and gave a huff of disapproval before digging her elbow into my side when she pushed past me. Hey, at least she didn't slam the door.
The girls followed suit and whispering good nights and I saw Liz squeeze Jackie's hand before leaving.
"Thanks." Her eyes filled with nervousness and I caught onto it. Guess I'll be going then.
But I couldn't leave her like that so I turned and said "Your welcome." Before melting into the darkness.
And her smile kept me awake all night.
----
The walk back was quick and time went fast since I knew it like the back of my hand
But I kept thinking of Jackie, wonderful, sweet Jackie. The girl who made my heart thump and my brain fuzz up like- Stop!
I can't do this anymore! No girl has ever made me feel like this before but, I can't tell her because what if she dosen't feel the same? I know I just met her but I feel as if there is some kind of connection. Like, I need to protect her or something. But not from something else. It feels like I need to protect her from herself and that makes no sense. A teenage girl is perfectly capable of handling herself.
'But what if she's not?' The thought erupted inside of me before I could stop it and I froze in my tracks.
I shook my head and laughed at the ridiculousness of arguing with myself in the middle of the woods.
But the words haunted me for the rest of the short walk and I fell into bed exhausted. And I did not sleep a wink.
---
I got up before the morning bell and held in a laugh at the job the girls had done.
Shaving cream beards were drawn on the guys and the ripped remains of what had been toilet paper dresses lay in tatters around them. Letters spelling out 'Girls Rule' sat high on the walls and some kind of sticky mess was splattered on the floor. And of what I could tell, all of their belongings were switched in their cubbyholes plus they had drawn with of what I was assuming was magic marker on whatever exposed skin they could find. Priceless.
Avoiding the mess I threw on some clothes and left the bunk right as the morning bell rang. So I could see the madness erupt seconds later.
----

"Dudes, you got owned!" Shane said laughing around a mouthful of pancakes.
Reese laughed and threw a syrupy mess of pancakes at Shane.
"Dude, that's gross. Don't talk with your mouth full." Reese said grinning.
Shane opened his mouth wider and proceeded to show the entire table the contents of his breakfast.
"All right." I said."Your such and animal." We both laughed at the example and he left his mouth open.
Just then Liz walked up. "Ugh. Didn't you mom ever teach you manners Shane?" She said making a face.
He made one back and laughed which caused him to choke. Liz gagged and turned to me leaning in so I could only hear.
"Jackie told me what you did. So thanks." She gave one last look at Shane, shuddered, and strode away.
"Dude, what was up with your sister?" Shane asked washing down his pancakes with juice.
"I don't know. She wanted to ask about my electives." I replied with a quick lie.
Shrugging he turned back to talking with Josh who sat on his left.
And I caught Jackie's stunning gaze across the cafeteria. Smiling slightly she lifted her cup of juice in a mock toast and I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lied. I said I had to get three comments but I quickly wrote it and wanted to put it up but next time I will stick to my threats! I promise :)

Anyway at least three comments would be nice and appreciated.
Plus show this story to your friends! Show it to your family! Show it to your boyfriend/girlfriend! And even show it to your grandparents if you want!

So at least three comments before the next chapter goes up. How's that? :D
So for every reader just comment! It can even be a quick little thing. Just show me you care :) It can be short, long, or however you want it to be.

Please comment, rate, subscribe, or add me :)

Love you guys,
Anna :)