My Summer Love Story

"Muhahaha!"

Jackie's Pov

"Do you know any other songs?" I say my sides heaving from laughing my way through that ridiculous worm song.

"Sure we do! We have years of camp songs programmed into our heads." Shane says tapping his temple.

"If only they could remember their school work like that." Liz whispers in my ear. We laugh.

"I heard that! And I am deeply offended." Shane fakes a pout for a second and then brightens.

"I got one!" Shane says.

"The Princess Pat’s Light Infantry
They sailed across the seven seas
They sailed across the channel too
And they took with them, the Rickadandoo"

"Boo!" Cade cheers giving him a turned down thumb. "I got a better one." Cade stands up and clears his throat enjoying the attention.

"Brown squirrel brown squirrel
Shake your bushy tail
Brown squirrel brown squirrel
Shake your bushy tail
Crinkle up your little nose
Stick a nut between your toes
Brown squirrel brown squirrel
Shake your bushy tail

Brown squirrel Brown squirrel
Touch the power lines
Brown squirrel Brown squirrel
Touch the power lines
Why he did it no one knows
Barbecued his little toes
Brown squirrel Brown squirrel
Touch the power lines"

We erupt in loud laughter and Cade gives us an exaggerated bow when we start to applaud wildly.

"Well thank you." He says once he has sat back down. "Pretty awesome, huh?"

Shane crosses his eyes and sticks out his tongue. "Show off." We laugh.

"Jealous." Cade says mimicking his face.

"Nuh uh. Not of you."

"Well anyway, how about this years color war? It will be great huh?" Cade asks us.

"Color war?" What's color war?" Lena asks.

"It's like a competition between teams. Every team gets a different color and then we compete against each other. It goes on for about a week near the end of camp. But the cool thing is, is that no one knows when it will start besides the color war committee. It's awesome." Shane replies wistfully.

"Wait, does that mean we will probably be competing against you guys?" Vicky asks worried.

"Yup. It's fun though. But even your good friends will turn against you for a week." Cade replies.

I wrap my arms around Lena.

"You'll always be my best friend, Lenny." And I give her a sloppy lick on the cheek.

"Eww." She squeals, wiping it off on Maxy's jacket laughing. "Your disgusting Liz."

"That's why you love me." I say with a innocent shrug.

"What about me?" Shane says pouting again.

"Sorry Shane, my boy. I am not licking your cheek." Cade says.

"Not you, Liz." He opens his arms welcoming me.

I give him a hug and hear a muffled 'awwww' that was coming from where Jackie was seated. Well I'll show her.

"Hey Cade, don't you want to give Jackie a nice big hug?" His eyes widen and Jackie is probably freaking out behind me right now. Muhahaha!

"I'm goo-"
"I'm fine." Jackie and Cade laugh nervously as they talk at the same time.

"So how about we go and find Liv now?" The rain has stopped and I stand up, brush the dirt and leaves off my legs and the others follow suit.

I feel comforted now. Not as shaky and nervous as I had before. This friendly bonding was what I really needed and missed since last summer. It was good to see everyone again and to make new friends. I could tell that we were all going to get along great. And maybe even Olive will want to join us. But who knows? She's been weird since the first day.

I linger on my last thoughts for a few more seconds then the others. She had been weird. But I really hadn't thought about it till now. No wonder she was so upset!

I slap my forehead and Maxy looks over at me concerned but I ignore her for a second. I'm so stupid! Of course she had been acting weird! Something must have happened! No wonder she got mad at me.

"Hey guys, did anyone notice that Olive has been acting weird?"

"Like what kind of weird?" Maxy asks curious.

"Like 'something happened to her but we were to bothered with our own lives to notice' weird." I reply and Maxy nods her head slowly considering.

"Your right! She has been weird lately!" Lena exclaims.

"I feel bad. We should have noticed." Vicky says seriously, pushing her wet side bangs out of her eyes.

"Same." I say.

"No wonder she got mad!" Jackie exclaims. "She must have already been upset over something and we just set her off!"

Exactly what I was thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last one for the night! This one is dedicated to Lily; Color me Lily my bestiest friend on Mibba and Facebook for the crappy time she has been having. I love youuuu Lilymuffins :) Would anyone like to be the first to send me a banner they made? :)

Love, Anna <3