My Summer Love Story

"If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball!"

Jackie’s Pov

“Reese, stop!” I hear Liv squeal as I push open the back door.

“Uh oh,” Cade murmurs, echoing my thoughts. He takes the lead into the kitchen and we find Olivia covered head to toe in soap bubbles. I blink slowly and then burst out laughing.

“Liv, oh, bubbles, Cade! This is, ha, hysterical!” I say gasping for breath and holding tightly to my side. Liv brushes some bubbles out of her long hair and flings them at me, giggling.

Cade shoots an exasperated look at Reese and he shrugs, “girls” he says.

“What’s going on in here?” Liz’s says pushing through the swinging door. She steps into a puddle of water and soap and slips across the floor landing on her butt on the other side.

“Liz, ha, oh my gosh, ha, you should have seen your face!” Cade says joining in with our laughter.

“I’m sorry Liz, but that was hysterical.” I say tugging on her hand to help her up.

“Humph. I’m sure it was.” She says ignoring my hand and pushing herself into a more comfortable sitting position.

“So which electives does everyone have next?” I ask pushing myself up on the counter. Liv hops up beside me and I grunt when she pushes me over to make room for herself.

“Drama.” She says twirling her hair and glancing over at Reese to make sure he’s paying attention. I make a face at Liz and she returns it adding a fake gag at the end. I laugh.

“Well, I have sports.” I sigh and jump off; almost sliding in the dish water that Chase is trying to mop up with a towel. He gives up when the towel gets soaked and instead chooses to whip it at Liz, causing her to shriek and laugh.

I push my way out of the wet kitchen and head out the front doors to the sports field. Raine let us out of cleaning today since we told her we were helping the guys in the kitchen and so I take my time getting there. No reason getting sweaty before the activity even starts.
-

“Dodge ball?” I shriek as soon as the counselor is out of ear shot. A girl from the willow bunk shoots me a sympathetic glance and heads for a position to the right of me, I consider asking her to protect me like a shield, but she’ll probably think I’m pathetic so I stand my ground and wait till the whistle blows.
-

“Worst game ever.” I groan to Liz as we make our way to arts and crafts.

"If you can dodge a ball, you can dodge a wrench!" Liz states standing in the middle of the path and deepening her voice dramatically. Several campers turn and stare but she just waves and loops her arm around mine, grinning crazily.

"Your crazy." I say when the kids turn around again.

"I know."

"So anyways, what did you have this morning?"

“Photography, we learned how to take some pretty awesome nature shots.”

“Lucky, want to trade electives?” She laughs at that.

“Just wait for a little longer then the electives will change. Who knows? You might even end up liking sports.”

“I doubt it.” I snort.
-

“One hundred bracelets later,” Liz says flashing the several multi colored bracelets running up her left and right arms.

I laugh and hold up my knotted one for her to see, “I guess I’m just not that coordinated.” We both laugh and she hands me a pink and black one, which I tie on my left wrist.

“Oh yes, lunch is next.” Maxy says squeezing herself between us and throwing her arms around our shoulders.

“When are you not hungry?” I say teasing, Maxy shrugs in reply.

“So you and Alex, huh? Maxy says turning to Liz. I eagerly lean over to watch her expression but she keeps herself guarded. “Alex?” She asks innocently. “What do you mean?”

Maxy rolls her eyes at me. “You mean all that flirting was just for fun?”

“Flirting?”

Maxy slaps her upside the head. “I swear you’re so dense sometimes!” She says with a sigh. “Alex, the one that has liked you since the beginning of time?”

She shrugs, “We’re friends.” A gleam glistens in her eyes, “But I do really like him.”

“Of course you do.” I say cutting in before Maxy can say anything else. “So ask him out!”

“I could say the same for you!” Liz teases lightly, “So who are you going to choose; Cade or
Alex?”

“None of your business.” I say laughing.

“Ooh so your gonna choose one of them?”

“Again, none of your business!”

But it hit's me, I am going to have to choose between the both of them eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to: DyeLikeAStar :)

She should have had this chapter along time ago but alas, writer's block.
So I realize this chapter is crappy and a filler so yup. Oh also been up to a lot. :)

X. NeverShoutNever concert
X. Sick (Bronchitis)
X. Updating other stories and contest entries
X. Working on my story contests
X. And I think that's all? Yup.

So leave some love and the next chapter could be dedicated to you! Wow, that seemed like a crappy commercial. Ahh oh well.

Oh yeah and "If you can dodge a ball, you can dodge a wrench." Movie quote reference. The first one to tell me where it's from in the comments wins a prize. Or not. :)

Oh and Happy Late Halloween!

:)