My Summer Love Story

Pink?

Jackie's Pov

"Pink?" I cry, tears streaming down my cheeks in laughter.

"Oh and look how tiny and cute!" Maxy exclaims, holding up a now miniature tank top of Liv's.

I laugh again and then yank out the rest of her clothing from the camp dryer and shove it into a basket. "She's going to kill us you know," I remind Maxy, heaving the basket onto my hip.

"Yeah, yeah," She throws the tank top into the basket, "Serves her right anyway for trying to blackmail us."

"True," I agree, letting the heavy screen door swing shut behind me when we leave.

"What do you think she'll do to us?" I ask curiously, not sure how she'll react.

"She'll probably try and kill us in our sleep," Maxy muses, stopping to tie the laces of her sneakers. I wait for her to catch back up and then we continue on down the path to our cabin.

--

"Bs!" I cry triumphantly, staring hard at my growing hand of cards.

Lena smiles and shakes her head, sliding the cards on the ground over to me.

Silently I curse and add the new cards to my deck. You would think that the more cards you have the easier it would be to call the others on their lies, not true. I haven't got it right yet and I have more than half of the deck.

"Wow, you kind of suck at this game," Maxy tells me, laying down her last card.

"Bs?" I mumble just for the heck of it. Grinning she flips the card over and shows that it is in fact a three. "Who's up for war?" I ask, passing the cards over to Lena to shuffle.

"You just want to play another game because you can't even come close to winning." Liz says handing her own minuscule hand over.

"True." I admit.

"Who did this?!" I hear someone shriek from the bathroom, one guess.

Maxy turns to look at me and we get up running, the screen door slamming loudly behind us.

"I thought we were playing?" Lena calls after us but we don't stop to reply, just take off towards the lake.

"So close," I wheeze when we reach the edge.

"So very close," Maxy agrees flopping down in the sand and tossing her flip flops at the trees in the clearing.

I follow her lead and throw my own pair at a large tree trunk. "Might as well swim while we're here," I say yanking off my tank top to reveal my blue bikini.

"Agreed." she replies, pulling off her own shirt. "Wait for me," She calls but I've already hit the water.

"Finally," I say, dipping my hair in the cool water.

"This is great," She says floating by on her back.

We stick around for another hour and then trudge back, on the look out for crazy girls named Liv trying to kills us in the trees shadows.

"Is she here?" I whisper, peeking around the screen door to where Lena is sitting on her bunk bed reading.

"Who?" She asks without looking up.

"Liv," I glance around and then risk it.

"She's out looking for you guys, something about her clothes being small enough to fit a mouse." She looks over the top of her book and laughs. "I don't even want to know."

I grin back at her and toss my things on my bottom bunk, "No, you don't, and whatever she says, we didn't do it."

"Sure thing," She says and goes back to reading.

"She's going to catch us sometime," Maxy says tying back her still dripping hair.

I shudder, "I have a feeling that it's going to be sometime when we're sleeping. Why oh why do we have to share a room with her?" I grumble, snatching dry clothes from my cubby.

I head to the bathroom and shut the door behind me before looking at the clothes I had selected, "What the?" I murmur staring at the unfamiliar pajama pants and tshirt.

I reopen the door and cross the floor to my cubby yanking out clothes after clothes. "These aren't my clothes!" I announce, shoving a tank top that I know is Liz's into her cubby and then I yank a pair of my shorts out of Lena's. The only cubby I notice isn't messed with is Liv's, everything is folded.

"What are you doing to my cubby?" Lena asks coming over to investigate, "hold on," She pulls booty shorts out of her cubby, "These are most definitely not mine." She says holding them by two fingers. I yank them out of her hands and shove them into Maxy's cubby.

"Who the heck did this?" I ask the girls.

"The only girl who is missing maybe?" Liz says pulling her things out of everyone else's cubby.

"Liv." I say.

"Liv." Maxy repeats walking over to help us.

"What did you do to her to piss her off?" Liz asks, piling her clothes into her cubby without bothering to refold them.

"Um, we kind of shrunk her clothes and made her whites pink." I mumble.

"She should thank us though, her clothes look way better pink." Maxy says returning to her bed.

Liv storms in fifteen minutes later and stands at the foot of my bed, "What did you do to my clothes?" She snarls through clenched teeth.

"Nothing," I say innocently and Maxy nods in agreement from across the room.

She shrugs and turns to her bed, "Until you apologize the whole bunk is going to suffer, and switched clothes is going to seem like a funny joke when I get done with you guys."

I shoot a terrified gaze over to Maxy but she mouths, "bluff."

I ignore Liv's glares and shove my head into my pillow, drifting off even before the counselors come into announce lights out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have some things to discuss with you guys.

Here, Readers: 273; Subscribers: 27; Comments: 35.

Thank you all so much! I mean it. Comments really make me so happy.

This is what Jackie was wearing. Just copy and paste the link into your url thingy.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=998416

Not exactly what she looks like, but there's a picture.

Comments? (: