My Summer Love Story

Meet Liz

Thank you mom for first class. (Notice the sarcasm. A.k.a I am not sitting in first class when I am clearly first class material.)
"Ugh"
I made a barely audible sound as this.. Well girl,I guess, planted her butt practically in my lap. I scooted closer to the closed window and turned my purple i-pod up louder. Seventeen Forever pounded in my ears. Until.
I felt a light tap on my bare shoulder. I raised an eyebrow at her and pulled an ear-bud out of my triple pierced ear.
"What?" I said in the snottiest tone I could muster at the moment.
"Do you mind if I, um."
"Spit it out."
"Sit in the window seat?"
"No."
I pushed the ear-bud back in my ear and lay my head back on the headrest.
"What do you want??" I screeched as she continued to poke my side.
"I'll throw up if I don't."
"Oh! Ew! Are you serious?"
She nodded sincerely and I almost threw up just thinking about her throwing up.
"Fine, whatever. I'll just move aisles."
"Everyone buckle up."
A perky voice practically screamed in my ear. I looked up into bright red lipstick and hair that was as dead as the stuffed owl in my Father's library.
"So that means I can't move?" I said looking up at her.
Giving me a look she replied, "Nope, sorry."
"Yeah, I can tell."
"What's that?"
"Nothing I'd love to sit with the fashion disaster." I said pointing to the girl still sitting in the aisle seat.
She smirked and gave me a look that clearly said, Shut up kid and deal with it.
I flipped her off and went back to my i-pod. Totally forgetting to switch seats. Ten minutes later I remembered, thanks to the puke in my lap.
I glared at her and she made a face as if she was about to throw up again. Thanks to turbulence I was stuck in the seat until the sky was clear. So I had to deal with napkins. I mean seriously,what did she think the little bags were for? Did she think they were decoration?
"I'm really, really sorry!"
I shrugged, "It's no big deal. I mean who doesn't want to be covered in throw up that smells like sour grape juice?" (Again sarcasm)
I saw miss perky voice trying not to laugh and I about threw her out the window. But I smiled. I had the perfect idea.
Five minutes later I was allowed to go clean off in the ladies room. But first my plan.
I saw Perky walking down the aisle offering peanuts and drinks to the passengers. Trying to squeeze past her I "Accidentally" pressed my disgusting Hollister shirt on the back of her crisp uniform. The best part for me? It was still there when I got off of the plane and I doubt she noticed. One point for me.
When I got back to my seat the puker held out her hand. I mean wtf? Who does that anymore? Well maybe my grandfather.
"I'm Liz and I'm from Maine."
I took her hand gingerly and wished for the disinfectant in my luggage.
"Um, yea, I'm Jackie. From California."
She gave a little shriek.
"Like seriously?"
Yea I lied. I mean c'mon obviously I'm serious.
I nodded slowly. "Yeeeaaa." I stretched the syllables out as if she couldn't comprehend.
"Is it as amazing as I've heard it is?"
"It's just like any other state I guess."
She sighed.
"I've always wanted to live there but I got out voted by my dad and my brother."
My ears perked. Back it up a little bit.
"Brother?" I asked trying sound un-curious.
"Yea. He's back." She hooked her thumb to the back of the plane. "There."
I knelled on the the seat and tried to pick out her brother. There was this really hot guy in the back but that couldn't be him. Could it?
She craned her neck and pointed at him. "That's Cade, my older brother."
"Oh My Gosh!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oldddd. wayy old.