My Summer Love Story

Cheshire Cat

Jackie's POV

I sigh long and loud and flip over onto my back for the tenth time. It's one of those summer days where is nothing to do. It's too hot to play a game and even the lake water feels more thick and disgusting then usual, hard to accomplish.

The lake is pretty much deserted and it's just me laying out in the sun with nothing else to do. Electives had proved too boring to spark my interest and an old movie in the cafeteria where there was a broken air conditioner didn't appeal to me. So now here I am, lazily flipping from my back to my stomach on a towel almost soaked through with my sweat. Seriously, it's like ninety-eight degrees out here and still climbing.

I flipped over again, already tired of the one side and spot Cade heading in my direction. He waves and jogs the rest of the way, sitting down next to me when he gets close enough to my towel.

"Hot, huh?" He asks, burying his toes in the sand.

"Too hot to function," I reply and he laughs.

Suddenly he grabs my hand and pulls me up into a sitting position.

"Hey!" I protest, "I was enjoying being burned to a crisp."

His grin stops me from continuing.

"What?" I run my hands over my scorching eyes, "Do I have a sunglasses tan?"

He shakes his head and changes the topic, "Do you know the best way to cool off?"

I squint at him, "Uh, swim captain obvious."

"Well it involves water." He hints but I shake my head confused.

He jumps up, "Give me fifteen minutes." He says and then runs off.

Bewildered I stare after him, then shrugging I lay back down and make the best out of what time I have left in the sun.

When he comes back I had fallen asleep again and he wakes me by pushing me gently with his foot, "Wake up, Sleepyhead." He calls, laughing when I jerk awake.

I yawn and sit up, stretching like a cat. "I'm wake, I'm awake." then I narrow my eyes at him, "Weren't you supposed to be back here like an hour ago?"

"Only fifteen minutes," He grins a wide Cheshire smile, "But this will make up for it, I promise."

I gather up my things and then let him take me by the hand, closing my eyes when he instructs me to.

The next thing I know the air feels cooler and he's taking his hands off of my eyes, what I see then is indescribable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for fillers! :D Has anyone heard the song Friday by Rebecca Black?

It's been stuck in my head for a week. (:

Oh, and I already have the next chapter almost all written out, woo!